Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nope. with that differentiation, you are either absolutely need a front locker. or you want aux connections and every day tech and convenience. with the BD you could just upgrade the suspension later on and get 35 when your stock tires are done.

OP
OP
Tangent27

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s not just the locker though. It’s wheels tires suspension transfer case. And I would add the 6 cyl auto. Prices out almost the same.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on the weird fence of BB with squatch or BD without and just upgrade tires at delivery to 33s. This is all really purely for cosmetics and will see zero to very low off-road as it will be wife's vehicle. I personally love the washout interior, steel bumpers, skid plates and aux switches that are standard on BD, while squatch would be awesome on BB and there are smaller things I like on it such as the grille and only being about $2500 more squatched out instead of stock BD.

Sponsored

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just can't talk myself into the base model. I'm sticking to BD 7 speed manual. I'll upgrade the lift and tire/wheel combo down the road via aftermarket.

OP
OP
Tangent27

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The appeal of the base to me is you can Sasquatch it for under 40k and the grille as basic as it is may be my favorite. But I totally get the Black Diamond love. My practical side is leaning BD.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well it really depends on whether you are wanting to go with the 2 or 4-Door. If you are going 4-Door, there is a lot less value price-wise in the Base other than it comes standard with the auto transmission. But, if you are going 2-Door, you can pretty much completely option out a Base with everything (including Sasquatch) but the Mid Package, vinyl seats, and rubber flooring for thousands less than a Black Diamond. At that point, the only reason I would recommend the Black Diamond is if driver assist features, vinyl seats, and rubber floors are a deal breaker for you. It gets nasty humid and hot in Missouri during Summer and the thought of vinyl burns my bum. I have a black leather interior in my Lariat and sometimes I wish I just had cloth.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive been pretty set on BD plus Mid since the beginning. Not contemplating Sasquatch because I must have a manual. I entertained Big Bend for a moment, but I cant do it because I just cant stand cloth seats, yuck. Id rather burn my butt for a few minutes every now and then. Also plan on tinting my windows to help prevent that.

Black Diamond, Mid package, soft top, 7 sp manual, add some 33s ASAP, and rock out with my rear locker, vinyl seats, keyless entry and start, etc.... Done.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive been pretty set on BD plus Mid since the beginning. Not contemplating Sasquatch because I must have a manual. I entertained Big Bend for a moment, but I cant do it because I just cant stand cloth seats, yuck. Id rather burn my butt for a few minutes every now and then. Also plan on tinting my windows to help prevent that.

Black Diamond, Mid package, soft top, 7 sp manual, add some 33s ASAP, and rock out with my rear locker, vinyl seats, keyless entry and start, etc.... Done.
Well, this post didn’t age well.

Add Sasquatch!!!

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 Door Base 2.7L Auto with sasquatch for me. I prefer cloth seats.

Last edited:

outdoorsman

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Explorer 2dr 4x4 manual 4.56's locked
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fwiw, Looking at the base here, with the 2.7L auto option and the front winch bumper, I can add a rear locker later.. "If need be".. Way cheaper for my needs. Drivetrain first, for driving on and off road. 80/20. Mansquatch is still tempting for more off road capability. Either one, I cant go wrong for my $$$ needs.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am stuck between the two. I can either do base, add Sasquatch and all the other stuff like bash plates and be pretty close to what the stock BD would cost without Sasquatch. I don't really care about vinyl seats and I can always add floor liners to keep things clean. I won't be having an inch of water in my bronco so I don't need the rubber floors. Besides all the broncos have some kind of drains.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was originally a BD with manual. Now that I can get the mansquatch on the base, I can get better axles and gears for less and all I'm losing is the floor. I wanted the washout floor, but from what I've seen it's not exactly what I expected and am OK losing it. I can still probably add the aux switches and steel bumpers and be below the BD base price.

I was never going to get the mid package, so for me it wasn't an issue. I guess you've just got to ask yourself if the things in the mid package are worth what you are really paying to get them.
Sponsored