Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For which? The Metra 82-5605 adaptor plate allows aftermarket 6.5" speakers to mate up to the holes in the body, if that's what you're asking.

1642335591168.png
Thanks. I can use the printout from the Metra instruction sheet to do some planning for a custom adapter. The Metra one is too tall for some of the speakers I am looking at.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I can use the printout from the Metra instruction sheet to do some planning for a custom adapter. The Metra one is too tall for some of the speakers I am looking at.
Yeah that was a problem for me with the 6.5" I bought originally... I just replaced them :p

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im Looking at doing the same thing on my Basesquatch but was told by Crutchfield advisor that the JL 6.5’s would not fit in the kick panel area. Just to confirm, you have them installed so they must fit right 🤪. I am buying the component set with the same powered sub. The speakers they recommended were Fosgate that looked okay but, are not JL’s...

Cobra31

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im Looking at doing the same thing on my Basesquatch but was told by Crutchfield advisor that the JL 6.5’s would not fit in the kick panel area. Just to confirm, you have them installed so they must fit right 🤪. I am buying the component set with the same powered sub. The speakers they recommended were Fosgate that looked okay but, are not JL’s...
I have the JL 6.5s installed in the kick panels. Fits no problem, but I'm not using the metra adapter plates. They fit ok without them. Hope this helps!

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Definitely helps, thanks a bunch. JL’s on order. My Bronco shipped earlier this week.

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got some jl audio 4” to replace the focal 4” I had in the dash. The focals are really bright and loud they don’t have any bass blocker caps on them. The jl audio does have caps one large and one small. After the install the jl audio were not as loud at low volume as the focals but they do sound better not being as bright and the bass hits better, sounds better cranked up now. I moved the focals to the rear and wow the combination of the two sound great together. With the focals producing a louder sound they worked out great for the rear getting more volume out of them. I can now hear the rear speaker and since they are brighter than the fronts I can really hear them in the back. I have a kicker key amp I was going to install this spring but now I don’t think it even needs it. Probably just get a powered sub.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Frankie945 if you end up not using the key amplifier and are considering selling, I may be interested (assuming it's the key 200.4). Plus, I'll be in Louisville in early March for my daughter's volleyball tournament and could pick it up then.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Frankie945 if you end up not using the key amplifier and are considering selling, I may be interested (assuming it's the key 200.4). Plus, I'll be in Louisville in early March for my daughter's volleyball tournament and could pick it up then.
Mines the 180.4 I’ve had it for a few years sorry I plan to hang on to it.

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed both and kept them. I think almost any brand would of been better than the 4” oem ones.
I installed kicker and Polk on the dash and went back to OEM. Too much bass. glad it worked for you. I did replace the back speakers

Has anyone changed the 6.5inch kick panel speakers and noticed a major difference? All I 've seen is the 4 inch replacements.

Boommat, seen positive and negative feedback any thoughts?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered the JBL sound bar to be installed on my BD. Will see tomorrow when I pick it up how it performs.
This is a reply to my own reply. JBL sound bar completely blocks view out the rear view mirror. Sound is good for me, but I’m not an aficionado. As a result I bought a rear view mirror that uses a camera instead of reflection.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's my build for my 2dr basesquatch that I hope I will see delivery in Feb. I have started picking up a few things now in anticipation of a sub-par sound system:

Dash & Rear pods: (4) Kicker 47KSC404. I compared the KS vs. CS and decided on KS based on some of the previous conversations. Coaxial speakers, silk tweeter. Will probably install the rear pod speakers for now, hoping to unlock them eventually when we figure it out.

Door speakers: debating between 47KSC6704 (6.75") vs. 47KSC6504 (6.5")? I believe a few folks have installed Kicker's.. If so, did you need any mounting adapters in order to fit the factory holes? Crutchfield says 6.75" fits, seems like most everyone has used 6.5"...are they more or less interchangeable for doors, or does either require an adapter? I'm more curious which Kicker speaker/size requires mounting adapters on-hand before I tear down the doors? I don't mind cutting a speaker tab or two when I get there..

For those running amps on the front speakers: How are you discreetly amplifying the dash vs. door speakers w/ a 4 channel amp? As far as I've read, the dash are piggybacked onto the doors, wouldn't you need to disconnect that first to discreetly wire to the dash? Or is everyone directly wiring from amp to dash speakers to bypass the 'piggyback'?

Amp: I've already purchased the Key 200.4.. Thinking I might use 2 channels for the front (dash + doors) and eventually the other 2 channels for the Rear pods once we figure out how to enable the low frequencies via Forscan.

For my sub, I'm going with the Crutchfield / Sound Ordnance B-8PTD. Have this now in my F150 and it provides a substantial 'bump' for what my music tastes. Good price point and a small profile. My current one has been going strong now for over 10yrs.

I plan to make or purchase a 'loopback' harness that will power the amp and directly feed the speakers via the Key200.4. Did this previously with a similar Alpine amp in my F150 and it came in handy when I decided to swap out the head unit and remove the amp…it was just an unplug job vs. a rewire job.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those running amps on the front speakers: How are you discreetly amplifying the dash vs. door speakers w/ a 4 channel amp? As far as I've read, the dash are piggybacked onto the doors, wouldn't you need to disconnect that first to discreetly wire to the dash? Or is everyone directly wiring from amp to dash speakers to bypass the 'piggyback'?
I just amplified the signal going to the kick panel speakers and split it off as it is from the factory, with added high-pass filters on the upgraded dash speakers. I bought a 5 channel amp, so it was the easiest way to do it.

Last edited:

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just amplified the signal going to the kick panel speakers and split it off as it is from the factory, with added low-pass filters on the upgraded dash speakers. I bought a 5 channel amp, so it was the easiest way to do it.
That's what i sorta figured most folks were doing. Doesn't that effectively only use 2 channels for the front speakers though (doors and dash?) What did you use the other 2 channels for (assuming 1 for sub) if not the rear pods?

Without a bronco torn down in front of me, i'm trying to figure out how to use all 4 channels of the amp up front if you only have 2 sets of front wires that power both the doors and dash?

Or does 'split off' really mean the door speaker has 4 wires running to it? 2 wires terminate at the door and 2 continue on to the dash? Then the Head Unit has 4 sets of wires coming out for the front speakers? I sorta assumed the fronts shared 2 sets of wires..

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what i sorta figured most folks were doing. Doesn't that effectively only use 2 channels for the front speakers though (doors and dash?) What did you use the other 2 channels for (assuming 1 for sub) if not the rear pods?

Without a bronco torn down in front of me, i'm trying to figure out how to use all 4 channels of the amp up front if you only have 2 sets of front wires that power both the doors and dash?

Or does 'split off' really mean the door speaker has 4 wires running to it? 2 wires terminate at the door and 2 continue on to the dash? Then the Head Unit has 4 sets of wires coming out for the front speakers? I sorta assumed the fronts shared 2 sets of wires..
I did amp the rear pods.

I took the feed from the factory head unit to the kick panel speakers back to my LOC, then RCA's to my amp, then the amp output goes back to the kick panel speakers, split off to the 4" dash speakers as from factory.
Sponsored