Cafe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just want to replace the front two 4 in speakers in the front, Do I need to do anything else besides swapping them to not mess up anything? or do I need to buy something else other than speakers for the install?
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to replace the front two 4 in speakers in the front, Do I need to do anything else besides swapping them to not mess up anything? or do I need to buy something else other than speakers for the install?
You will need connectors for the speakers (at this point I do not believe a suitable adapter has been identified). I would suggest some automotive panel tools and the high pass crossovers mentioned in the prior post, along with a 7mm socket. I used 300hz Crutchfield high pass x-overs and I am very happy with the outcome, but I could not a/b test 300 vs. 600hz and my speakers have a 3.2ohm nominal impedance, which yields a frequency slightly higher than 300hz, from what I remember. The crossovers have the spade connectors, but they left exposed metal, so I also used heat shrink tubing over the connectors to avoid a short (electrical tape would do as well).

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's definitely possible! I enjoy a decent amount of bass in my music, but it still sounded good with the sub not wired up. Also for my specific use case if I ever do need the extra cargo space the sub comes out really easily!
How much vibration do you get with the Bronco being so modular? Wondering if felt would be needed between body and removeable side panels....

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm getting the B&O and will just add the JL Audio sub and amp from my current car.

philjmatt

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How much vibration do you get with the Bronco being so modular? Wondering if felt would be needed between body and removeable side panels....
I haven't noticed any extra vibration or rattles around the vehicle coming from the lower frequencies so far! I'm not sure which panels you're worried about, but the fenders that are user removable are still secured to the vehicle very well. The only thing I would worry about rattling would probably be plastic interior trim pieces!

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone not splice in Bass Blockers? Is it bad?
Consensus is that they pop and distort from the low bass they try to play... The factory 4's had bass blockers on them too.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming 2 sets one for the dash on one for the 4in set in the rear pods?

Also...hopefully someone makes a rear pod for 5.25 or 6.5 speakers that is just a larger version of the factory one. The skiboat pods are an idea for 6.5's but kind of big too.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not having a bass blockers can allow low frequencies to damage your dash speakers.
Ok thanks, I'll order some tomorrow

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
not having a bass blockers can allow low frequencies to damage your dash speakers.
Are they needed for the rear pods too? I haven’t been able to sort that out? I assumed so - and bought 2 pairs. But, I wasn’t sure if the rear pods had the stock blockers external. They looked identical after removal. Just making sure.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are they needed for the rear pods too? I haven’t been able to sort that out? I assumed so - and bought 2 pairs. But, I wasn’t sure if the rear pods had the stock blockers external. They looked identical after removal. Just making sure.
I know the 4" front speakers have built in bass blockers so if you replace them its just prudent to add blockers for your new speakers. I have no idea if the rear 4 inch speakers are identical to the front ones though. It would make sense that they are the same but .....

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Observation Driving in back seat of 2 door yesterday. Spacing wise there seems to be a perfect spot to install speakers in the panel of the back seat. If someone owns a 2 door, it would be awesome if you can verify the spacing behind the panel.

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build 1629458310172

I know that the fender weld is right there somewhere. But it would be awesome to fill in that space and also fix a problem with the standard audio system.
Sponsored