Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So since I joined this group, I’ve seen some people really looking forward to building a Big Bend, and on the other hands others disregarding it as an unnecessary trim due to the big step up in price from Base to Big Bend without any particular feature making it special.
However, now that B&P is out, I’m starting to like the Big Bend for a “DD but capable AF” rig that can end up being a couple of grand cheaper.
Here’s why (a few personal preference parts):
-unique grill color goes well with the grey MIC in certain colors (remember the concept cactus Grey with big bend grill?)
-Rims are different from others and personally they look nice and utilitarian
-For DD, can have with Mid (good tech)
-Can add rear locker (for capability)
-Cad add signature lights (something I wish BD had)
- can add other features such as Heavy modular bumper and bash guard, aux switches, floor liners
With all that being said, I have been going back and forth between BD and BL, but I decided to build a BB and it came out to about $43K non-Sasquatch and $48K sasquatched, which is still about $2 more affordable than my BD and BL similar builds. Obviously the big compromise is the cloth seats, but other than that, looks good to me.
Would love your opinions and feedback. Like I said, a lot of personal preference, but I’m a Texas boy, and Big Bend means a little more than just the badge ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

sprtsmac

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F-150 XLT, 2019 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I planned on getting a Big Bend w/a manual trans. Then during the B & P, I find out that I can't get the mid package with a manual trans. A little disappointed with that and now I am having to rethink what I want.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've considered the Big Bend for a possible budget build because I want mid pack at least.

It was too far from my Base "budget" build and too close to my "all out" Badlands and Wildtrak builds to be of any use to me.

But I'm glad it'll find a home somewhere.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Holy fuck...$48k for a BB? For $55K you can get a Squatched Badlands with Lux package. This option pricing is wild.
Haha well when you put it that way!
Honestly, I spec’d the BB with all the goodies I would have on the BL, the big difference is no vinyl on the BB and the BL would be no Sasquatch to have a similar price.
Fortunately the money is not a big issue here, which is the more reason why the choice is tough.
But seeing these two builds is putting the BD down in third ?

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely on the same page with you on this one. The only thing holding me back from deciding with full certainty is the cloth seats. I've never had cloth seats even living in Austin like yourself and with dogs, I have concerns about longevity/withstanding potential rain/dirt...
Would love someone to challenge this thought for me and make it easier though!

OP
OP

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Absolutely on the same page with you on this one. The only thing holding me back from deciding with full certainty is the cloth seats. I've never had cloth seats even living in Austin like yourself and with dogs, I have concerns about longevity/withstanding potential rain/dirt...
Would love someone to challenge this thought for me and make it easier though!
Yeah it’s a concern. I was thinking about having upholstered in leather in the future, we have a Katzkin here in Austin. But then I remember how much it burns when you sit on leather on a Texas summer day after leaving the sunroof open ?
As far as the dogs, I have a cover I bought on amazon for the back seat, very easy to remove, and the rear leather seats on my car are intact.
From the descriptions I’ve heard though, the marine grade vinyl seems like the perfect material for rain/dirt.

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My only issue with the BB is the value doesn’t seem to be there. By the time I was done building a BB with Sasquatch, mid,LEDs 2.7AT I was within a few thousand of BL, high, 2.7AT no Sasquatch.

I would happily drive one though if I was working with a strict budget.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I priced a few models with 2.7, auto trans, roof rack, headliner, modular front bumper and floor mats.
Base, no Squatch= $33,735.
BaseSquatch with 2.7 = $39,525.
Big Bend, no Squatch= $39,415. Includes an opt locking rear.
Black Diamond = $41,095. Gets the advanced 4x4 auto, locking rear and Acc switches.

At the $40k price point, it's nearly a toss-up!
Final decision may come down to which interior I like the best.

Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

one of the major reasons i'm leaning toward BB is the manual transmission. Base 4 door comes with a 10 speed for some reason. I mean, the 10 speed technically costs more, which makes the base a better bargain. But the manual have better "value" to me. And the availability of additional colors is an added bonus.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the model I reserved at the beginning, and it's the one I've been messing with the most on the B&P page.

I was never wanting to spend that much, since this is a second car I'm daily driving. I'm stuck between not spending too much, but still adding some things I may like.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy fuck...$48k for a BB? For $55K you can get a Squatched Badlands with Lux package. This option pricing is wild.
so for $7k more you get the same vehicle with vinyl, 12 inch screen and garage door opener? no thnx.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so for $7k more you get the same vehicle with vinyl, 12 inch screen and garage door opener? no thnx.
Plus heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise, better sound, wash out interior, evasive steering assist. All things that as a daily driver are extremely nice to have and make commuting is shit ass Houston bearable. If you live in Cedar Rapids, IA or something and your commute is 5 minutes, yea probably not worth it. Point being, the BB optioned out is about $5K overpriced to me.

PTown_Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I planned on getting a Big Bend w/a manual trans. Then during the B & P, I find out that I can't get the mid package with a manual trans. A little disappointed with that and now I am having to rethink what I want.
I keep thinking/hoping they'll fix this. It seems to me the only reason the B&P forces the AT on us is because of the remote start. So, why couldn't they allow us to get a mid without the remote start?? All this girl wants is a MT with heated seats ... Please????
Sponsored