Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am just completing my order today.. .have been switching around from BB to Wildtrack and did more figuring today and ended up with a BlackDiam.. I like the seats better. seem close to Leather without the leather cost... better for the dogs than cloth... and l like that it comes with the heavier bumper and other options..

my question for you guys.. I have weather Tech or the like floor liners in all my other cars to protect the carpet.. Black Diamond has "washout" interior.. I had selected that I wanted floor liners, but then thought.. I am not protecting carpet... does it come with something? I would think it does... so do I need floor liners instead of whatever it comes with to protect the washout interior.. I see that a bunch of you selected the added floor liners.. are we just wasting $160? Thoughts?

I asked the dealer, Granger, what his thoughts were and he said.. good question.. hah...
I could not verify that it has any liner or mat from the factory. BL has carpet mats. Because I wear a hole in my carpet mats where my right heal rests, I want additional protection for the floors, so I ordered the liners. If I get surprised and it comes with front floor mats, I will have a pair in reserve for future use.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my question for you guys.. I have weather Tech or the like floor liners in all my other cars to protect the carpet.. Black Diamond has "washout" interior.. I had selected that I wanted floor liners, but then thought.. I am not protecting carpet... does it come with something? I would think it does... so do I need floor liners instead of whatever it comes with to protect the washout interior.. I see that a bunch of you selected the added floor liners.. are we just wasting $160? Thoughts?
Probably.......but in the pics they look to be very well sculpted, should keep crap from floating all over the interior (not that it matters as I have two dogs therefore cannot have nice things) and best of all they have BRONCO written on them.

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I made a big change to my build yesterday... I was trying to get a MY21 by getting a 4dr and a 2.3L engine, but after hearing the odds and some sound advice from my family I changed my build to this:

Black Diamond
2 door
2.7L V6
Sasquatch package
+brush guard
+roof rails

If I am going to be waiting until next January, you better believe that I am going to go all out.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably.......but in the pics they look to be very well sculpted, should keep crap from floating all over the interior (not that it matters as I have two dogs therefore cannot have nice things) and best of all they have BRONCO written on them.
I ordered the cool "Bronco" floor liners. I was planning on WeatherTech....these look just as good. IMO, it's easier to pull them out and wash them off then hose down the floor, vacuum chunks, etc. The rubber floor just makes cleanup that much easier.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So according to the weight data, a loaded BD 4-dr weighs 2lb less than a loaded BL 4-dr but has a lower GVWR....(by loaded, I mean the column base +OPT)

Other than sway bar disco, anything a BL SAS Mid has that a BD SAS Mid does not? $3k difference in price seems a lot.

Mine would be SAS, Mid, 2.7, MIC top, tow.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So according to the weight data, a loaded BD 4-dr weighs 2lb less than a loaded BL 4-dr but has a lower GVWR....(by loaded, I mean the column base +OPT)

Other than sway bar disco, anything a BL SAS Mid has that a BD SAS Mid does not? $3k difference in price seems a lot.

Mine would be SAS, Mid, 2.7, MIC top, tow.
On the BL, sas is $2500, which equates to the little bit of lift, rims and tires.
On the BD SAS is $4500, which is the front locker, which is standard on BL, little bit of lift, upgraded suspension that the BL has standard, the bigger front axle, which the BL has standard and the upgraded wheels/tires. There’s the difference in price.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the BL, sas is $2500, which equates to the little bit of lift, rims and tires.
On the BD SAS is $4500, which is the front locker, which is standard on BL, little bit of lift, upgraded suspension that the BL has standard, the bigger front axle, which the BL has standard and the upgraded wheels/tires. There’s the difference in price.
I understand the difference in what SAS includes at each trim level. What does a BL have that a BD does not if both have SAS, Mid and 2.7 to justify the $3k difference in price (basically identical options added to each results in the BL costing $3k more than the BD), only thing I come up with for a difference is auto sway disco...maybe the suspension is still different between them?

Once Sas'd, both have the 35's, same front diff, same lift, locker, wheels, etc...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered a VB 2dr with no options.
Will put 255/80/17s on at the dealer before taking delivery.
Plans are for Fox 2.5 coilovers and eventual 285/75/17s.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now that the P\N for the 4.46 locking front axle has been published and the price is under $2K, I'm sticking with a Black Diamond. That's the only difference between the BD and BL that I was concerned about. I can add the diff when I want if I determine I need it. I don't want the discobar; seems it could be problematic years down the road, er trail.

Sponsored

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is identical to my build....even the same thinking on the after market parts. Great minds

cesarinho

Black Diamond
First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On 7/14 I was set on a 2dr Black diamond for 46k.. Then I realized only the 4dr was a 5 seater and after many builds I ended up going to a BL for 52k non-sas....Then I made a Big Bend Mansquatch w Signature lights + Mid for 45k. Hey, No build is perfect for all. Just enjoy the ride.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand the difference in what SAS includes at each trim level. What does a BL have that a BD does not if both have SAS, Mid and 2.7 to justify the $3k difference in price (basically identical options added to each results in the BL costing $3k more than the BD), only thing I come up with for a difference is auto sway disco...maybe the suspension is still different between them?

Once Sas'd, both have the 35's, same front diff, same lift, locker, wheels, etc...
And that’s why you’re paying more OVER the Badlands. Badlands has 3/4’s of the Sasquatch package already on it.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The badlands has the upgraded suspension with 1” roughly additional height, the larger front axle is standard as well. The main thing a Sasquatch BL is paying for is the extra 3/4” ride height, tires and rims.
Sponsored