Sponsored

Blocked by Mike Levine on Twitter for asking about early reservation holder deliveries

Living off road

Big Bend
First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can't wait. What year will it be for?
Sponsored

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Letā€™s face it, Ford is a joke, theyā€™ve assembled a great engineering department, but the rest is a total disaster. And they have so many sales ( due to the engineering) that they no longer give a crap about the costumer

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He hasn't blocked me, and I even tweeted a parody of The Twelve Days of Christmas the other day...

On the fifth day of Christmas Levine gave to me,
5 tone-deaf tweets,
4 failing airbags,
3 huge lies,
2 MIC 2.0
and a reservation that was make-believe.

Maybe we're gonna be besties.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a popular opinion here but nothing is going to change. Not that it makes it right, but the ability for people to stroll into a dealership, place an order, and have their vehicle in a month or two is key to how Ford wants to do business going forward. Eventually it wonā€™t matter nearly as much about the size of the dealer once supply chains free up and demand subsides but right now it does, because if ford canā€™t do that in highly populated areas where most of their sales are it wonā€™t catch on. No amount of yelling at Levine on twitter or complaining here is going to change that, they arenā€™t going to change their business model for a tiny fraction of customers. They recognize that they arenā€™t going to make everyone happy and that is what it is to them. If you still donā€™t have a build date at this point your best bet is to drive to the largest dealer within a reasonable distance to you and place a new order there (but keep your res in case) and probably get that built first.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are that upset about it, cancel your order and get your $100 back and move on to something else. There are plenty of options out there.
Not really, and that's the problem...unless you want a decade old design 4Runner or even worse a Jeep. The only option worth doing would be waiting for 4Runner redesign and by that time the early res orders will be filled.

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is just my guess, but here's how I think the allocation model is applied:

1. Dealer with Bronco allocation #1 > Scan Order Banks
  2. Sort by lowest commodity restraints
  3. If there is a tie for first: Apply reservation priority.
  4. Dealer with allocation #2
  5. etc...
Basically, reservation number is ignored, for the most part, except as a tie-breaker within an individual dealer's orders. IMO, this is how it should be applied (if they keep the preferential allocations in place). Ideally, reservations would not count against allocations, but I don't see Ford backtracking on that. :

1. Reservation time-stamp #1
  2. Check for available monthly allocation at reserved dealer
  3. Check for buildable based on current commodities
  4. Reservation time-stamp #2
  5. etc...
If I'm being honest, I'm not sure the right hand of Communications understands what the left hand of scheduling is doing. And, given the historic mess of their other digitized information (B&P), the Rockstarsā„¢ may have instituted the formula incorrectly in the first place.

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, Iā€™m glad I donā€™t have his job. I donā€™t want the entire Internet holding me personally accountable for the entire company.
In marketing and communications he IS the customer facing representative of Ford. When they do badly it will hurt him directly. It may not be his fault, but it is his problem. Making the big $$$$

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If I'm being honest, I'm not sure the right hand of Communications understands what the left hand of scheduling is doing. And, given the historic mess of their other digitized information (B&P), the Rockstarsā„¢ may have instituted the formula incorrectly in the first place.
There is definitely too many GOTO statements (old IT joke) in the allocation program. I said that last month. I also agree Ford could of implemented the program to take into account NOT to nuke a dealer allocation or aka res spot for what is now happening with walk in orders.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You guys don't realize how much messaging this guy probably gets every day from Bronco owners who are belligerent and I'd put money on him getting threats of violence and other stupidity. I don't blame him for blocking people who continuously message or comment him about their Bronco order ESPECIALLY when it's on a non-Bronco post like the one you commented on. He isn't responsible for making sure that all of your Broncos are delivered to you in a timely fashion. There's thousands of other people at Ford whether it's the headquarters, the build factory and the dealerships that have more to do with you getting your vehicle. If you are that upset about it then drop your reservation and move on. Life is too short to be whining about not being able to buy a 40-50K vehicle.
I imagine Mr. Levine is a very well-paid employee with Ford for his ā€œcommunicationsā€ role. Including healthy stock options. I honestly donā€™t understand the pity party. Heā€™s a big boy. OP didnā€™t say anything offensive or inappropriate. I donā€™t think the communications person with a soc media presence at Ford outght to be blocking legit questions from order holders. Itā€™s a bad look.

But Iā€™m sure Mikeā€™s thrilled he has a fan club here defending the shitty communication
job he and Ford have done.

I find it incredibly entitled for those lucky enough to have a Bronco already lecturing those who reserved 500+ days ago to quit bitching. Meanwhile some walk ins are being built within week of order. Seems they have every right in the world to complain.

ctsbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Warning: This is mostly a rant from a fed up and disillusioned early (first 48 hours) reservation holder.

I made multiple attempts to contact Ford and try and get some sort of direct answer as to why I'm seeing other people with the same build get scheduled while I don't even have a ballpark delivery estimate.

(No hate for those who got scheduled. In fact I'm thrilled for you! I just want a real answer from Ford rather than forum hearsay as to why the scheduling is so messed up.)

Given the radio silence from Ford after my other attempts to get answers, I reduced myself to joining Twitter.

Screenshot_20211220-071958_Firefox.jpg

This was apparently enough to prompt a block. Now given that Mr. Levine is the communications manager, I have to assume he speaks for Ford. Consequently, this feels a lot like I'm being told that Ford does not want my business.

Now given that I'm 523 days and counting, and Ford seems like it doesn't give a flying pig about early reservation holders, I'm honestly debating if this is a company I want to do business with. If they are making it this difficult to pay $40k for the vehicle in the first place, what can I expect with recalls, issues, or replacement parts?

The Bronco is an awesome vehicle, it's just a shame that the company keeps falling through on it's promises and seems to be actively screwing over it's most enthusiastic customers.

If my Bronco gets scheduled soon I'll still take it. Given that I don't even have assurance of a 2022 delivery however, I am now finally starting to seriously look at alternatives.
Honest question, what where you expecting him to respond with? Is there anything he could have said that would have made you feel better?

I get it, Ford has totally blown this entire process. But I don't know what anyone expects from this dude on Twitter.

I am not sure what his responsibilities really are and pretty sure no one on here knows. But I would guess it isn't to respond to customer complaints on twitter.

I get the frustrations, I really do. But what were you hoping to get from the tweet?

Sponsored

ctsbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In marketing and communications he IS the customer facing representative of Ford. When they do badly it will hurt him directly. It may not be his fault, but it is his problem. Making the big $$$$
There is nothing he can say that will appease anyone that has waiting for close to 2 years for their Bronco. He can try and polish a turd, but it still stinks.

I just don't really understand what he should say or do or what people are expecting him to do.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is definitely too many GOTO statements (old IT joke) in the allocation program. I said that last month. I also agree Ford could of implemented the program to take into account NOT to nuke a dealer allocation or aka res spot for what is now happening with walk in orders.
These guys need to consult more rubber ducks before going live.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is nothing he can say that will appease anyone that has waiting for close to 2 years for their Bronco. He can try and polish a turd, but it still stinks.

I just don't really understand what he should say or do or what people are expecting him to do.
Personally, I'm not looking for an apology or appeasement from Levine. I want him to communicate* actual information. Tell us how allocations are really being dispersed, and where reservations fall in that.

Cynically, I doubt that will happen, because it's likely very unflattering when compared to their early promises.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forgive me. Not sure how I goofed up... But this post below was actually intended for this thread... https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fords-management-of-supply-chain.31265/#post-1053101

Sorry for any confusion!

Lean manufacturing, FIFO, POS, Kaizen and many more... All are in their own unique ways trying to match lowest cost with max profit while reasonably controlling supply and demand.

There is no method during any pandemic that is going to prevail beyond sourcing all the raw materials and manufacturing in house. And we all know that is unreasonable and not cost effective.

And let us not forget about logistics! A lot of small things must go great together or the entire process fails.

Call it what you want. Any time a "Global" event happens. We all pay the price. Now if we could just learn from history instead of being determined to repeat it... LOL!
I hear if you commit to a 4th vaccination booster, then your Bronco will come in sooner. Seems like the folks that are only committed to 3 boosters are causing all the problems.......so I heard šŸ˜‰
Sponsored