Sponsored

Blocked by Mike Levine on Twitter for asking about early reservation holder deliveries

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i completely understand your position, 7/13/20 res holder, built on 7/12/21, just got f'n released this morning and is awaiting shipment. i am done "hanging in there" and i am definitely not "staying pumped" i am happy this is finally happening but it has definitely lost its shine.
Good news for you either way. Taking delivery will erase a ton of sh**. I could not be happier with mine. This shine will come back when you're actually driving it down the road.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
*SHAKES FIST VIOLENTLY AT FORD AND MIKE LEVINE*

Another one?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep seeing this Ford-apologist characterization, and I think it's dumb. So what that Ford started delivering vehicles 6 months ago. All that means is that everyone had to wait that first amount of time. The fact is, the OP, and many others, gave Ford money for a reservation more than 500 days ago. It seems reasonable to me at this point to be upset over the wait, especially when Ford has allowed people to jump the line that Ford first created.
All it takes is some communication to ease some tension. Ford has not handled their launches well in a while.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is a company run by a bunch of Peters and patricians that are concerned with perpetuating their patriachy above all else. This is a direct result of that. The alternative is GM or whatever Ram is today.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few thoughts:

1. If Ford won't acknowledge the issue (or doesn't want to publicly acknowledge it for obvious PR reasons) it's on us to be sure we're being heard.

2. There are other options- the media. But we need a meaningful, compelling story for someone to write.

3. We have the technology... should we start a new tracker? Maybe one that tracks reservation date, order date, build date, dealer, and has radio buttons for common constraints (soft top or MIC, mid/high/lux, tow, etc.)?

It could auto calculate statistics for average waiting time, average waiting time by dealer, and maybe provide a view of correlation between res date and build date, etc.

Ideally this would be a healthy sample of us in the forum to provide a clear view to anyone who wanted it, so that Ford isn't the only one with this view, and we can bring what we're seeing into the light.

This isn't about being mad at Ford or happy with them. It's about facts.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At least you didn't reserve a Rivian. Those folks has been waiting for almost three years now.
My complaint isn’t just the wait, it’s more about seeing people jump in line after I’ve waited so long. If I weren’t seeing orders similar/the same as mine with later reservations getting scheduled I wouldn’t even be angry.

If you are that upset about it, cancel your order and get your $100 back and move on to something else. There are plenty of options out there.
Except there aren’t in this category (that category being convertible 4x4 vehicles that I don’t have to modify to fit safely within the roll cage). I’m looking at other options, but all of them require compromising at least something about the Bronco I want. (Not that such a compromise matters as long as my Bronco order remains unobtainable).

Beyond that, like most people I placed a larger sum down at my dealer when placing the order in the first place. Thankfully my dealer is honest and is willing to refund that given the wait and all the BS from ford, but a lot of people would just be out several hundred to over a thousand dollars if they walk away.

All it takes is some communication to ease some tension. Ford has not handled their launches well in a while.
Exactly this

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You guys don't realize how much messaging this guy probably gets every day from Bronco owners who are belligerent and I'd put money on him getting threats of violence and other stupidity. I don't blame him for blocking people who continuously message or comment him about their Bronco order ESPECIALLY when it's on a non-Bronco post like the one you commented on. He isn't responsible for making sure that all of your Broncos are delivered to you in a timely fashion. There's thousands of other people at Ford whether it's the headquarters, the build factory and the dealerships that have more to do with you getting your vehicle. If you are that upset about it then drop your reservation and move on. Life is too short to be whining about not being able to buy a 40-50K vehicle.
Maybe he should work on his communication skills or any for that matter.

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
no, not sensitive at all...I just know I would have better things to do than hang out on a "vaporware" board and try to sell Jeeps, like folks here don't know what a Jeep is or something.
not sure where you got that I’m here to “sell jeeps”, but you do you. It just comes of as insecure to me though.

In reality, I’m still interested in the idea of possibly buying a Bronco one day. And this is yet another place that talks 4wheeling, which I can’t get enough of these days, so here I am. looking to rub shoulders and network with as many off-roaders as I can. Here, on the JL site and elsewhere.

I’ve got no personal investment in this “e-peen” measuring contest going on between Ford and Jeep fans. But if someone is considering getting what I bought, I’ll be glad to tell them what I like, and dislike about it. There shouldn’t be anything offensive to you about that. Are you worried someone might buy something other than a Bronco and like it or something? It’s super weird behaviour man, just thought I’d point that out.

If you can’t handle someone suggesting an alternative to someone else that says they’re looking at alternatives, then I think the problem might lie with you.

Last edited:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not cool at all man. I had no idea first day customers had not received theirs. This makes me feel bad for you guys. Truly.
I honestly want to know what you ordered that could make it so hard for them to deliver? Or did they just throw names in a bucket and produce the first build they pulled out each time? 😂
Ford Bronco Blocked by Mike Levine on Twitter for asking about early reservation holder deliveries rick-morty

I think Ford honestly has lost any logic in fulfilling early orders... They're just building whatever, whenever at this point. There's no rhyme or reason on how they're building or scheduling. I've stopped being anxious and just want a bronco at some point in 2022... Day 1 hour 1 reservation, botched by dealership, now basically in bronco purgatory.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you are that upset about it, cancel your order and get your $100 back and move on to something else. There are plenty of options out there.
Ford Bronco Blocked by Mike Levine on Twitter for asking about early reservation holder deliveries 1640094863787

I did last week on my 2nd purchase options

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
It sounds to me like all the early res holders who have nothing so far, need to go to a second dealer and place another order for the exact build. Then we all take bets on what order gets built first.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But the fact the Mike levine has been able to keep his position throughout this whole thing is incredible, but not surprising.
Man, I’m glad I don’t have his job. I don’t want the entire Internet holding me personally accountable for the entire company.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people who characterize the OP as trolling on twitter are relentlessly posting derisive comments multiple times in his thread here

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, I’m glad I don’t have his job. I don’t want the entire Internet holding me personally accountable for the entire company.
I would argue that as a high up exec/VP of the company, he should be held accountable to a point. If this was like a customer service rep or MAP person, of course not. But he should be held accountable for the lack of comms/bad comms they have put out (IE the insta stories a couple weeks ago), that is all on him. He is in charge of all communications as the head of that department.

Of course, we should not expect him to call up MAP saying "hey billy on twitter has been waiting forever pls move him to front." But he should see all of the the hate the new allocation model is getting and take that to his bosses, etc.
Sponsored