Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

just go spicer extreem duty FDU and CV axles. you'll be satisfied.
Any update on that spicer driveshaft you installed? Mine is still sitting in my garage waiting for me to have time…

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do people not go to Off Roadeo or do they just ignore everything the instructors say?
The offrodeo is a complete joke for those of us that have been hard-core wheelers for 40 yrs.
They are ment for the newbie bronco owner that just graduated from the Subaru...

Statements like this remind me of the goofy logger showed up for his first day on the job and we asked him if he had any experience and he said "yeah I learned how to to cut a tree down by watching a YouTube video"

If you've never been Wheeling before then maybe the off Rodeo would be a good first time event , but for someone like snacktime he would probably be teaching those "leaders" at the rodeo, a few tips himself.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Proof that the M190 will work with 37's at the Mall but not on the rocks. Actual evidence is always better than just guessing.
There’s plenty of wheeling between the mall and hells gate the M190 is plenty strong for. And to be fair Snack’s buddy broke a 210 the same day I believe.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... to be fair Snack’s buddy broke a 210 the same day I believe.
He did, but the difference the R&P looks to have given up the ghost on @Snacktime's 190 where the 210 R&P survived on @NORCALGXP 's. The aluminum tube is another mater :unsure:

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure 37s and m190 are acceptable combo. People shouldn't fear blowing them just because of tire size. Definitely not preferred for hardcore use but it handled enough to not to be an excuse. I originally wanted a higher trim but I also didn't plan on wheeling this much. My Bronco has rekindle my inner child.

As far as wheeling goes I am not a professional but have been offroad on/off for 20years. I am pretty sure I have enough knowledge to forgo a driving class offroad. I don't knock Off Rodeo because I like to promote people getting off the pavement for some adventure.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Different loading conditions between snacktime failure and norcalgxp. Norcal put a pretty big shock load into his FDU load path (like we have all done at some point). Also likely at severe extension angles due to the bouncing. It is good that the ring/pinion/housing could handle the load. But a lot to ask of the intermediate shaft with aluminum housing (extra flex for same load vs steel). And also hard on CV shafts. No surprise to see the breaks

waiting to see snacktime postmortem to see what was going on. He has put many hard miles on that M190. Possibly lots of wear. Very curious to hear what he thinks after he takes a look.

Not saying M190 is good. Just trying to do a more diligent assessment.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@87-Z28 best part is I will also have @NORCALGXP M210 so we will finally get a side by side comparison. Really going to look at the housing and the part time unit. Pretty sure with the amount of metal I have pulled out I might have chipped a ring&pinion tooth months ago.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Snacktime
That will be an awesome comparison to see. Just not clear how much better the M210 is (wrt survivability). The details really matter.

remind me to never buy any used parts from you.
I gotta be careful when I go by his place to make sure my Bronco leaves with all its shiny bits still attached…

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I gotta be careful when I go by his place to make sure my Bronco leaves with all its shiny bits still attached…
This is a great thread. Posting more so to flag this... However I'm very jealous of the group of guys you have, sounds like an awesome time.

Me and my buddy who's got a Gladdy really don't have much by us, 8-9 hour drive min. Moab looks like a dream.

For my info, are both snacks and NorCal on 37s? Both diff drop? For give me if it's been said elsewhere.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The offrodeo is a complete joke for those of us that have been hard-core wheelers for 40 yrs.

I'm no expert, but I did go to the Off-Roadeo once... LOL.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a great thread. Posting more so to flag this... However I'm very jealous of the group of guys you have, sounds like an awesome time.

Me and my buddy who's got a Gladdy really don't have much by us, 8-9 hour drive min. Moab looks like a dream.

For my info, are both snacks and NorCal on 37s? Both diff drop? For give me if it's been said elsewhere.
Both on 37s. I had a differential drop and small CV axles. NocalGxp had his front locker engaged.

was there a holiday inn express nearby.
Stayed at the Red Cliff Lodge since it was $99 a night and I swear @popo_patty was over at the Bronco Off Rodeo parking lot standing guard over the spare parts Broncos.
Sponsored