Sponsored

Bronco Issues Ratio Tool - Current Owners Only

Current bronco owners, which choice below best characterizes your experience so far?

• Total voters

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2,500 miles w/zero issues - which is pretty much the textbook condition just before getting zapped by the Death Star
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door badlands sasq.
2.7, Lux, ragtop
Delivered 10/22/21
9k miles, 4500 on snow and ice
No issues, rigs been great. I comute 70 miles a day on roads the range from bad to really bad in the winter. This is the best ā€œbad roadā€ vehicle Iā€™ve had in 12 years of making the trip. I had a JK Rubicon with 35ā€™s, it took years off my life on icy roads. The good year Sasquatch tires excel on winter roads, the only thing they do better is throw rocks. Love the all vinyl interior too.
Ditto to everything!

Exact build with 3500+/- miles on it. Love it, my family loves it even more!

Only complaint is about Ford itself, not the Bronco, and they way they handled the reservations and rollout and most importantly Ford's lack of openness and communication regarding the known issue with the 2.7L. Very stressful taking road trips when that is in the back of my mind. Last, while my dealer was excellent and did not do this, Ford really should crack down on ADMs and the extortion allowed by some dealers as reported here, BN, and even in the press. Really leaves a bad impression even when it didn't happen to me. If Ford was going to allow this from dealers they should have warned everyone to hammer out a final price before placing a non-refundable deposit when ordering thinking everyone would be charged MSRP.

LGM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend. 2011 Ranger. 2008 Super Duty.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big Bend, manaul tranny, non sasq.

The bronco came with a non working electronic parking brake. The dealer had to replace the switch. They had to order parts, but had them within 24 hours.

FootPain

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB 17 Explorer 04 Mach 1 98 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Driver side rear window won't go down at all when opening the door sometimes.

Weatherstripping at bottom of rear window is rubbing paint off of tailgate most likely from vibration.

Sync screen is flickering on the left hand side. Then half is brighter than the other half.

Dealer is so swamped I'm looking at an appointment at the end of April.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an Blind spot monitoring and cross traffic warning error. Went away when I restarted the vehicle. Had the same issue from time to time in my Escape. Not worried about it.

And I had what i think was a brief low fluid warning pop up very briefly while I was on a decline that was somewhere between 25-30 degrees. Plus some tilt to the side. Went away before I could read it.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Driver side rear window won't go down at all when opening the door sometimes.

Weatherstripping at bottom of rear window is rubbing paint off of tailgate most likely from vibration.

Sync screen is flickering on the left hand side. Then half is brighter than the other half.

Dealer is so swamped I'm looking at an appointment at the end of April.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? Iā€™d be happy to look into this on my end.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door badlands sasq.
2.7, Lux, ragtop
Delivered 10/23/21
4554 miles

had to get 2 modules replaced to fix an issue with the modem. Could never activate my Ford pass because the modem was not working, Ford could not see it/ talk to it. Mechanically everything has been great, just that issue where i could not receive Sync updates or use any of the Ford pass functions.

Got it finally fixed almost 2 weeks ago. But now I'm trying to get my 42,000 Ford Pass points. Since it had been more than 3 months since purchase that i was finally able to activate Ford Pass, I cannot automatically get the points, having to get an exception, which is taking forever. In my J.G. Wentworth Voice, "Its my points, and i need them NOW!!".

On another note i busted my passenger rear tail light in January off-roading, ordered one and it was on back order with no release date anytime soon. Contacted @Ford Motor Company on here, they were able to get an Emergency order in and I got it at delivered at my dealer about a week later. For that i am very grateful.

Nikokani

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all,
If there is already a similar poll, let me know and I can delete this one. For current owners only, I think it would be cool to get a sense (ratio) of broncos in the wild related to quality / issues. Answer one of the three poll questions below. And if you've had an issue, it would be good to add a comment below with some info like:

Bronco model / trim level:
Engine / Trans:
Mileage:
Delivery / ownership date:
Nature of the issue:
Required dealer resolution: Y/N
Relevant options / configuration (top, SAS, #doors, etc.):

The end goal here is to get a general sample the ratio of Broncs that have been problematic vs. trouble-free, since forum topics typically tend to gravitate toward complaints and issues, while A+ experiences tend to get buried.
Bronco model / trim level: badlands / Lux
Engine / Trans: 2.7
Mileage: at time of problem 100
Delivery / ownership date: 12/26/21
Nature of the issue: front sensor failed and i was unable to use adaptive cruise control
Required dealer resolution: Yes
Relevant options / configuration (top, SAS, #doors, etc.): SAS, soft top, 4 door

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX 4dr, 2.7, SAS, Soft top, Lux, Leather
7,900 miles highway/city mix
10/4 delivery
No issues at all. Absolutely love it! Only time to dealer was for 1st oil change at 6,000 miles.

srafferty25

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco model / trim level: Badlands/Mid Level
Engine / Trans: 2.7/Auto
Mileage:5050
Delivery / ownership date: 8/11/21
Nature of the issue: Roof Leak exiting through airbag compartment on a-pilar
Required dealer resolution: Dealer Fixed prior to TSB being issued
Relevant options / configuration (top, SAS, #doors, etc.): MIC 1.0, 2 Door

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL/non satch/mid package/2.3ecco10speed auto/ Delivered 12/10/21 No issues yet but and still trying to figure out everything!! 3000miles and a 1 full day of off roading in North Cal

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco model / trim level: Outerbanks/High Package
Engine / Trans: 2.7/Auto
Mileage:2637
Delivery / ownership date: 11/03/21
Nature of the issue: Overall very happy with the Bronco. Rides and handles great, been getting 18.7 MPG in town and have seen as 24 MPG on its first trip to Denver. Power is awesome and no complaints. I do have the Driver side roof panel rattle, installed some foam and that stopped it for awhile, but when temps dropped it started up again. I have the mismatched MIC top. Things looked good at delivery, but the color difference seems to have gotten worse since then and I am starting to see the honeycomb/snakeskin print coming through on the rear cap and the mid panel. I plan to address the top issues with the dealer at the first oil change. I have had a few error messages pop up here and there, but most dissappear before I can read them if driving. I have had the 12" touchscreen be non responsive at times and seem to glitch for a moment, but then everything is working just fine. Hated the long wait to get it and almost cancelled my order, but glad now that I held out. (y)

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4Dr OBX Sasquatch Lux
2.7 auto
aprox 1400mi
Some time in November.
Dash lights up like a Christmas tree with all kinds of warnings every time the doors are taken off. Knock-wood, everything is fine when the doors are on. Havenā€™t brought it in yet, donā€™t have the patience.

20%+ ( including me ) reporting problems that require a fix from the dealerā€¦ Another 25%+ choosing to fix Fordā€™s problems on their own. Thatā€˜s terrible even by Fords low standards.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 Door Badlands, Mid package
2.3 w/ 7MT