John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When Ford switches from 21MY to 22MY is no longer a variable. That decision was made months ago. 21MY will end sometime around Thanksgiving, and after a brief transition period, 22MY production will start in December, with deliveries to dealers starting in early Q1 of 2022.

Everyone knows Bronco production will generate positive cash flow for Ford, and the Bronco milestones are very significant for the company. I would love nothing more than to be wrong about this, but itā€™s just not going to happen. Trust me, I have a lot more at stake here as a shareholder than just the value of my Bronco orders. Everyoneā€™s incentives are aligned to maximize production of quality vehicles and get them delivered to enthusiastic customers as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, a lot of Fordā€™s fate here is outside of its direct control. At the end of the day, Ford is basically assembling Broncos from thousands of suppliers all over the world, and those suppliers rely on their own suppliers, with every level of the multi-tier automotive supply chain dealing with the same difficulties.

The post-COVID supply chain in 2021 is FUBAR worldwide, and a lot of that is driven by labor shortages in almost every manufacturing industry.

2021 is not a normal year. Shipping/receiving ports around the world are running at reduced capacity and are weeks behind schedule because of labor shortages. Cargo containers are almost impossible to contract and located in all the wrong places worldwide, due to basic supply/demand imbalances between China, which recovered from the pandemic early, and the West, which recovered months later. McDonalds franchises are offering iPhones to new hourly workers. Sandwich franchises are offering $10,000 signing bonuses to new assistant managers. Microprocessors are behind schedule for multiple industries. Steel and aluminum components are back ordered. Homebuilders canā€™t get basic components to build houses. Home appliances are back-ordered until October. Rubber, foam, and plastic components are backordered.

I could go on, but the basic story is the same wherever you look. No matter how much Ford, you, and I want it to be different, it simply isnā€™t. This is the reality weā€™re dealing with.

2022 will definitely be better, and we will all celebrate that, but 2022 isnā€™t here yet. Weā€™re still living in this post-COVID supply chain clusterf@%k in 2021, and itā€™s not even recognizable from a manufacturing standpoint.

Listen to @PREMiERdrumā€™s projections. 45,000-55,000 would be a good outcome under the present circumstances.
You make an important reminder as so many here are frustrated. Supply shortages are everywhere. I'm still waiting on backordered windows for my porch, and, more mundanely, I can't find Jumbo muffin inserts! I've had to resort to cutting up parchment paper and pressing it in place with a wine glass. I wish the MIC roof problem
Ford Bronco Bronco Mass Production - 6/10 Update. Good news from MAP - body shop output now matches Ranger 20210610_215354
could be solved so easily!

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes! Nice to see some positive news for once! With that, I talked to Ford Cust Care today - they informed me that my 6/28 build week got moved to 7/19. So, not a big deal as it's expected!
Well shoot. I may have to call them myself as well since i had a 7/12 build week estimate, but since your earlier one got bumped later than my date, i bet mine could be now in August.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well shoot. I may have to call them myself as well since i had a 7/12 build week estimate, but since your earlier one got bumped later than my date, i bet mine could be now in August.
Maybe at 7/13 you're ok? Definitely give them a call, though.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So thinking there were 150,000 reservations when they came out with the 30% allocation to dealers. That's 45,000 built. I'm hoping they could hit that since it still satisfies the original expectations. The only wild card is tops not ramping up quick enough and builds behind the 30% push MIC tops out of the 30% allocation. But at the same time, you have quite a few opting for MY22 which could bring some of the MICs back in the 30% allocation. Wonder if you're inside 20% of your dealers orders of you're safe....

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After delivering some not-so-great news earlier on the Webasto front, I figured my brothers and sisters here were due for some encouraging news out of MAP.

Today marked the first day that the Bronco body shop matched the Ranger body shop output 1:1 with around 120 bodies completed in one *shift* This isn't a final assembly number, but it's a huge first step.

Daily Bronco totals off of Final Assembly should hit at least 150 by next week.

Over the next several weeks, the FA blend will elevate to produce 3 Broncos to 1 Ranger. By the time all systems are at full speed in early August, expect a 5:1 or even 7:1 ratio to protect as much of the 2021 forecast as possible.

While there are obvious commodity issues impacting which builds can be scheduled, the biggest hindrance in overall raw production numbers for Bronco remains within the closure lines... especially the door stations. These cycle times have not yet been set as procedures are still being adjusted.

Even with all the commodity issues, Bronco production is right on track for the timeline we've been discussing for months. I know individual build delays are frustrating, but they're ramping up to pump them out just as quickly as they can.

Thanks for the update Ross. Glad to see you made it back safe from the vaca. (y)

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Only difference in our builds is I chose A51.
Solid, that was my original colour choice!
I only switched for the flexibility to do a couple of different colour schemes, occasionally I question my sanity! lol
Sponsored