Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at Razorbacks post here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/priority-code-meanings-on-preview-order-form.12143/

I guess it is "clear" but not widely publicized.
I guess there is confusion as dealers were told in the most recent presentation that they could prioritize outside of time stamp. Then this text says timestamp will be used as a surrogate for priority code, but in context it is saying that eliminates the need for the dealer to prioritize...but is that overridden if a dealer does use the priority codes? Many dealers seem to think so, and claim that is what they were told on the recent presentation. Thus why some dealers are saying that if you transfer in now, you will be prioritized behind their current reservation holders.
Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess we will all believe what we believe. But to think Ford would give priority power to dealers in when they are dealing with 1-1/2 years worth of reservations defies logic and reason. This is the first time Ford has taken that power from the dealers. They will be slow to catch on, just like with so many other details. Heck, many dealers still can't get the ordering or specifications correct.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess there is confusion as dealers were told in the most recent presentation that they could prioritize outside of time stamp. Then this text says timestamp will be used as a surrogate for priority code, but in context it is saying that eliminates the need for the dealer to prioritize...but is that overridden if a dealer does use the priority codes? Many dealers seem to think so, and claim that is what they were told on the recent presentation. Thus why some dealers are saying that if you transfer in now, you will be prioritized behind their current reservation holders.
My interpretation:

The question in that documentation is “what if the dealer screws up the priority relative to time stamp” and Ford says not to worry, because they will use the timestamp in the priority codes place.

There’s no difference in that scenario whether the dealer intended the screwup or not, because in that scenario the dealer wouldn’t know they screwed up (otherwise they’d fix it). The implication from Ford is that if the dealer didn’t know it doesn’t matter because timestamp overrides it... there is no input from the dealer needed to tell Ford to use timestamp instead of the priority code that is sent along with it.

...so in a scenario that a dealer intentionally goes against timestamp, the same rules apply... the timestamp in Ford’s system trumps the priority code. Ford will ignore whatever is sent from the dealer.

What a dealer *can* do is set a priority to 99 and the order never actually gets processed at all... there is some anecdotal information from other threads that the 99 codes are why some people aren’t even receiving order confirmation emails from Ford... that the 99 is preventing some automated Ford system from even seeing the order exists.

Last edited:

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can prioritize them somewhat..

Ford stated that there will be a way to push the early reservation holders back to 2022 at their (customers) request if that is the desire of the res holder...

As a dealership we will not be selecting who will get them earlier or later as that defeats the purpose of the customer in control of the complete order... That task is held by Ford alone for our store...

Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Give me a time (your zone) Monday that you want that call...currently you are 3rd on my Monday list...
Any time between 9-2 Pacific! Now I just have to figure out what to order...I wonder if there are any opinions on this forum? 🙄

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, I am a dealer on the East Coast and our cancellation rate (various reasons) has been around 30%. We are looking at cut off date for 2021MY of around July 21-23 as things stand today. All of this based on initial production and allocation estimates which may change moving forward. Good luck to all with getting their Bronco's ASAP!!

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe the reservation time stamp will take priority over priority codes. This is the information that I have heard consistently from Ford. Hope that helps.