Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, we absolutely are. The trick is remembering to be strategic with our powers.

It should be used for things Ford can control (like black interior on FE), and not wasted on things they can’t (like getting them delivered faster).
Oh absolutely! But in the same light, it has to be something big enough for a writer to use to get readers. I do think limited color options on FE and BD and BL is one of those things. .

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So who is the Ford Authority member on Bronc6g?
I've been a member with ford authority since before bronco 6g existed. Found 6g when ford authority cited/quoted them on a bronco article a couple years ago

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does anyone outside of ford know how many reservations are still active or have been cancelled? These claims are pretty meaningless without publicly visible proof to back it up

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Although Ford has explicitly said that FE reservations not converted to orders will NOT be built.
@Zach@Granger has already corrected you a few days ago. You can continue to believe what Ford has said in the past when they have continuously demonstrated that they have no qualm in moving the goalposts. I'll stake my bet on Granger.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does anyone outside of ford know how many reservations are still active or have been cancelled? These claims are pretty meaningless without publicly visible proof to back it up
They've been relatively tight-lipped, but I think Estaban alluded to a number during the most recent Q&A...

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this article listed the reason for cancelling as the delay, but I imagine there are multiple contributing factors that add up to have someone cancel.

3 month assumed delay (as of now) when you have an old vehicle could be one reason. Lack of communication, price “hike” for automatic transmission with V6 and divisive interiors are some of the well known and talked about issues on these forums.

Less so is the realization that someone sees $28,500 starting price for the Bronco but they need/want 4 doors and the price jumps $6,295 for a base model with no ability to get some creature comforts people have come to expect at this price point.

I also think that some people will cancel once they find out that their September or October reservation is now a MY2022 and who knows when those will start delivering.

Most importantly, there are way too many on this site that think that every person who reserved should be a Bronco enthusiast. There are not 190,000 or anywhere close to that who have waited since 1996 and will wait indefinitely for the new Bronco. A lot of people think it is really cool and they want one. Reality sets in and that cool Bronco isn’t worth the wait.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have an issue with the extra wait, my issue is the seemingly unrelated mis matching interior combinations on the different models. I wish they would simply offer a black option that was common to all models rather than being forced to a specific model simply because of the odd interior colors.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m as impatient as a 3 year old in a candy store but for the bronco I will wait. Nothing out there excites me. And I’m gettin too damn old to settle and have regrets...
Same here, I've been waiting for 25 years for a new Bronco so a few more months is no big deal.

Sponsored

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no problem waiting for my Base or BD Mansquatch as long as they don't raise the price on the '22 for us who had '20 reservations. If they do that then I'm probably going to have reservations on giving Ford my money. That would seem more like a ploy to get the extra cash they missed out on from those buyers who didn't upgrade to an automatic in '21. I'm probably overthinking it, but making you wait 2 years and then increasing the vehicle price would just be a pretty crappy thing to do.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in no great hurry either, but "time" is not a panacea. Leaving the monkey in front of the typewriter a few more days doesn't improve the odds of getting the next great novel.

Ford's problem seems to be systemic incompetence.
You sure talk purty

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems I will have no choice other than having the transmission in my '98 F-150 rebuild, and keep driving it another couple of years to justify the $2k(+) repair.

But (the silver lining), if I decide to keep the truck after getting my Base Bronco......the truck uses 255/70-16 tires.