Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Usually I can commiserate with wanting to use tried and tested stuff. Use physical music mediums. Etc.

But I just can't wrap my head around wanting to use CDs in a car.

With android auto, apple car play, and spotify, [mostly] every song is at your fingertip on the built in display. Phone stays in your pocket.

With Spotify premium you can download albums, playlists, even radio stations, so you don't even need data or cell service.

Im not old (35) but I definitely prefer my record collection at home. I definitely prefer the analog, physical medium. But you couldnt pay me to rely on tapes, CDs, or terrestrial radio in my vehicle.
Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for asking this question. I was going to post in the Stupid Questions thread, but wasn't brave enough. I couldn't figure out how to play my CDs with this new-fangled set-up.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to rip the CDs to build a digital library that I can access from my phone. Please no iPhone/iTunes suggestions.
If you have a computer with Windows you can use Windows media player to rip them. That's what I do.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
think a record player could work on the passenger seat?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You will love Sirius.... they will keep playing the same 5 songs over and over and over until it makes you mad and you throw the bronco off a cliff. Good news is there are many channels to choose from that will also play the same 5 songs over and over and over?. The good side to Sirius is you can listen to those 5 songs while off on some trail

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Usually I can commiserate with wanting to use tried and tested stuff. Use physical music mediums. Etc.

But I just can't wrap my head around wanting to use CDs in a car.

With android auto, apple car play, and spotify, [mostly] every song is at your fingertip on the built in display. Phone stays in your pocket.

With Spotify premium you can download albums, playlists, even radio stations, so you don't even need data or cell service.

Im not old (35) but I definitely prefer my record collection at home. I definitely prefer the analog, physical medium. But you couldnt pay me to rely on tapes, CDs, or terrestrial radio in my vehicle.

... I used to envy how Xbox used to be able use your music while playing games (Playstation myself), then I tried Spotify (premium) and can game and listen to what I want; playlists, whatever.

With Spotify, $9.99 a month, or $14.99 for you and to share with a few whomevers, not bad to get most of what you want to listen to.

I did find a few songs that weren't available, but all that functionality is worth it for me.

With that, I have a Samsung tablet that sits in a holder near the car's head unit that I hotspot to for video media (when on breaks and lunch), but it is also my music source that I bluetooth to the stock deck.

I have a few dedicated downloaded playlists that I can listen to with out having to stream.

Then when I want something else I'll go ahead and hotspot from my phone :cool:?.

Sponsored

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the initial free trial of Sirius is 3 months. I used to pay for a subscription, but ended up dropping it. Most of the channels for metal and punk have horrible rotations. They repeat the same loops of songs over and over and over. I haven’t seen anything on the Bronco about an AUX in, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a vehicle without one.

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is by far my favorite thread on all of the forum. It's comforting knowing there are so many of us crusty old souls out here. I can almost hear the Zoomers laughing at us as they read this, but thru sticking together, we've got this!? I finally gave into my wife's Pandora account when I bought my 18 Accord and realized, shockingly of course, that there was no CD player. Wtf, over?! Anyway, this thread has been fun. Thanks for that!

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never though about this until I bought my newest car and found out many newer cars don't come with CD players.

I JUST ASSumed that Ford does what others have...they have an SD memory card slot. You copy all you music to one and you are done. A single SD card can hold your entire CD library in most cases.
A flash drive will hold thousands of songs as most cars today have USB capability. It’s what I use. It also allows me to categorize my music in different folders as I like both Classic Rock and Country. I also use satellite radio for music and sports events

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will love Sirius.... they will keep playing the same 5 songs over and over and over until it makes you mad and you throw the bronco off a cliff. Good news is there are many channels to choose from that will also play the same 5 songs over and over and over?. The good side to Sirius is you can listen to those 5 songs while off on some trail
This all day. ?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would skip the subscription satellite services and use one of the many available streaming services that are out there. Most of the services are free but have a reasonable subscription price that give you access to any song imaginable, create your own play lists and download to your device.

With sync4 you can blue tooth either Android Auto or Apple Car Play to the Bronco screen where the music apps will magically appear. Just check to see which apps are compatible with your preferred AA or ACP

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bite the bullet and convert your music to a thumb drive. About 10yrs ago I did this and if you build it so you have your band folders and label the songs along with a grouping name like a music style and or drive home and even rank you can shuffle by that. When you are done or mostly done it is easy to copy and load to any thumb drive. Plus you can always add as time goes on. A couple of co workers passed around a external hard drive even adding and pulling down music as a group.

I also have amazon music unlimited and built a Playlist to fill in gaps and the wife has Spotify. So much better than the briefcase of cd's that end up getting scratches over time. I moved to this as cd players ate batteries...mp3 players stored a ton and charges lasted longer.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Iowa. Country radio reigns supreme but I can still get metal stations...
But I usually just listen to Sirius and lithium

But with that being said I do miss a truck load of CDs on a long road trip ...

Man I’m old..
Shoot everyone saying don't text and drive never knew the skill it took to flip through one of these bad boys, grab the cd all the while holding the other cd to put in is place, while maintaining highway speed

Ford Bronco CD Player 421035_p_case_logic_nylon_cd_dvd_binder

Disclaimer: I don't condone distracted driving

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just because I like messing with y’all that are a bit older than me, I’ve never personally owned a CD player or CD’s. I went straight to the iPod nano as my first music player.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just because I like messing with y’all that are a bit older than me, I’ve never personally owned a CD player or CD’s. I went straight to the iPod nano as my first music player.
Now I feel old. @EvlNvrDys save a place for me at the craft table in the old folks home!

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Iowa. Country radio reigns supreme but I can still get metal stations...
But I usually just listen to Sirius and lithium

But with that being said I do miss a truck load of CDs on a long road trip ...

Man I’m old..
I do miss the morning moose (Assuming you are in the dsm radio area)... Morning shows in Tucson rot your mind.
Sponsored