Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm really tired of youtube thumbnails with a girl dressed in a skimpy outfit to get more clicks.
That's all these clowns are, youtube clickfarmers.

their videos have consisted of "drove 85 mph into a crosswind in the great plains and then complained that the roof was noisy" and "IMMA JUST SEND IT UP A ROCK WALL!!!" and then they complain that things got broken when the only response they have to an obstacle is to floor it.

They're morons, and deserve a Chevy Traverse.
Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base

Definitely not too keen on Bronco- spoiler they have sold the Bronco already.

I would argue that Bronco does things different for a good reason

I should add I do like watching their channel and what they do... and I have no hard feelings about their opinions
I think they summarized it perfectly, it's in between subaru and jeep.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anybody who thinks these people are not being paid to be "Influencers" is naive. They spent a significant of time honking a specific trail guide down load that is not available in real time. To think that they don't get a "Stipend" from Fiat/Stellanis or whoever owns them now is kidding themselves. They are whores selling their followers to the highest bidder.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody who thinks these people are not being paid to be "Influencers" is naive. They spent a significant of time honking a specific trail guide down load that is not available in real time. To think that they don't get a "Stipend" from Fiat/Stellanis or whoever owns them now is kidding themselves. They are whores selling their followers to the highest bidder.

Eh, I guess I'm just too old for this you tube stuff. I've never followed anyone and only use youtube to figure out how to fix stuff. Seems they're just trying to make money however they can. Not that I understand where that money comes from. They wouldn't exist if people didn't watch them though, so it's not really their fault.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford went cheap, simple and true statement. As far as the sound system, I'm a few months short of 50yo, have never spent a dime on any sound system upgrade in my life.......and I think the bronco sound system sucks bad. My 1966 half cab am radio with the original single speaker in the dash sounds just as good, and the cab is 10x quieter inside. The old Whitco softtops and soft doors (pic below) are quieter than the new one. Those things are 57yo technology.......

5.0l under the hood as the only engine option and solid front axle up front and Ford would have been the undisputed champ. Lack of rear cup holders, and a crappy soft-top wouldn't have been such a big deal then.
Ford Bronco Comparison: Bronco vs Jeep (spoiler) Bronco hate by LiteBrite Screenshot_20220822-051900_Facebook
Ford Bronco Comparison: Bronco vs Jeep (spoiler) Bronco hate by LiteBrite Screenshot_20220822-051718_Facebook

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford went cheap, simple and true statement. As far as the sound system, I'm a few months short of 50yo, have never spent a dime on any sound system upgrade in my life.......and I think the bronco sound system sucks bad. My 1966 half cab am radio with the original single speaker in the dash sounds just as good, and the cab is 10x quieter inside. The old Whitco softtops and soft doors (pic below) are quieter than the new one. Those things are 57yo technology.......

5.0l under the hood as the only engine option and solid front axle up front and Ford would have been the undisputed champ. Lack of rear cup holders, and a crappy soft-top wouldn't have been such a big deal then.
Ford Bronco Comparison: Bronco vs Jeep (spoiler) Bronco hate by LiteBrite Screenshot_20220822-051718_Facebook
I'm a big fan of the EB but I wouldn't bring up how they were built with talking build quality. Sure they were functionally built fairly well, but there are many places where the short cuts were just plain cheap.

A simple hole cut with sheet metal screws at the fuel fill point. Punched hole for the door lock/unlock knob with no trim. The whole swaths of metal underneath that had little to no paint. Those are just a few items. I truly love them but I'm realistic about how they were built and what they are capable of. The new Bronco is built quite a bit better, but even they have areas where the build quality could improve.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually, I am glad that Ford went IFS, but they needed to make it beefier from the beginning. The steering rack and tie rods from the HOSS 3.0 should have been either an option for all Broncos from the beginning (or at least a Sasquatch package option).

Ford really screwed up by having far too many trim levels as well. They initially needed only two Trim levels - Adventure and Hardcore.

Adventure would have covered all Big Bend, Outer Banks, and WildTrak.

Hardcore would have covered Base, Black Diamond, Everglades, and Badlands. First Edition would have been a limited edition option group for Badlands.

Interior choices could still be limited by trim. (Cloth/leather in adventure and MGV/leather in hardcore except base).

This would have made far more sense... but no... instead we have a complete cluster f' of trim levels with autistic interior designs forced on each.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a big fan of the EB but I wouldn't bring up how they were built with talking build quality. Sure they were functionally built fairly well, but there are many places where the short cuts were just plain cheap.

A simple hole cut with sheet metal screws at the fuel fill point. Punched hole for the door lock/unlock knob with no trim. The whole swaths of metal underneath that had little to no paint. Those are just a few items. I truly love them but I'm realistic about how they were built and what they are capable of. The new Bronco is built quite a bit better, but even they have areas where the build quality could improve.
They were built to same quality as their competitors of that time, as that was the only technology of that time. And the only thing I was comparing the EB to the 21/22 was the sound system and the soft tops......you went down a different comparison path. Ford went cheap in 21/22 compared to it's competitors. Hell they didn't even get the dipsticks right, and if you want the right one, you have to buy it yourself lol.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They were built to same quality as their competitors of that time, as that was the only technology of that time. And the only thing I was comparing the EB to the 21/22 was the sound system and the soft tops......you went down a different comparison path. Ford went cheap in 21/22 compared to it's competitors. Hell they didn't even get the dipsticks right, and if you want the right one, you have to buy it yourself lol.

Sorry but the single speaker in the dash with an AM radio doesn't compare to the modern day Bronco...even the base model sound system. That doesn't make sense. The top...single layer that didn't seal out water from coming inside. You could get away with it for some trim levels because they didn't come with carpet. If late in the EB run and you had a catalytic converter, the excessive heat could boil off any rain water that came inside (j/k). Ours got so hot it split the factory muffler. We cut the cat out because we were concerned that it would set the Bronco on fire.

Why don't we just go back to talking about how a couple of influencers were talking smack about Broncos?

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry but the single speaker in the dash with an AM radio doesn't compare to the modern day Bronco...even the base model sound system. That doesn't make sense. The top...single layer that didn't seal out water from coming inside. You could get away with it for some trim levels because they didn't come with carpet. If late in the EB run and you had a catalytic converter, the excessive heat could boil off any rain water that came inside (j/k). Ours got so hot it split the factory muffler. We cut the cat out because we were concerned that it would set the Bronco on fire.

Why don't we just go back to talking about how a couple of influencers were talking smack about Broncos?
Not so sure it's just them talking smack, they have very valid points. EBs rusted from the bottom up, not from leaky soft tops lol, that's why they all have the same trouble areas regardless of tops. Very few left the dealer lot with a soft top and doors.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually your whole comment is matter of preference. The way you throw around the term junk shows you don’t have a clue. I think the soft top is perfectly fine for what it is and give you a lot more options for open air motoring. Is you are going to talk about the saggy windows as why it’s junk then you don’t understand basic engineering. As for the stereo you are probably under 30 and have no idea what a bad system truly sounds like. As for price comment once again out of touch.
The stereo DOES sound like crap, and I’m over 50. My 2017 Escape had a far superior 10 speaker Sony system.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have absolutely NO PROBLEMS with their observations. That is why I have argued that Ford SHOULD offer a Bare Bones Bronco.

Naturally Aspirated Engine
Manual Transfer Case
Badlands type axles (4.46) front and rear (Lockers on both) on 33's only with the Badlands Shocks
Non Disconnecting Sway Bar (so that it doesn't directly compete with Badlands)
Rubber Floors Standard with cloth seats, which can be upgraded to MGV is wanted (only option)
Basic Radio and features
Definitely upgraded steering rack and tie rods

Could be super easy to produce and I for one would choose that Bronco over ANY of the others. I'd like to think of it as an Apocalypse Ready Bronco....

I'd say you only have two options, color and which seats you want. That is it.....I know that I am not the only person that would be all over such a build/option.
Honestly, “Bare Bones” Bronco would be a badass package name

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. They hit many points on the head. But at the same time, I feel they didn't explore the area of "what if I upgrade my Bronco and at what cost to make it more reliable off road?". There are already options to beef up both the steering rack (bronc buster), and the tie rods. The aftermarket is just getting started! Stock vs stock, the Jeep is more capable.

2. But like Kevin said, people buying the Bronco are those wanting more from a Subaru. True. I chose a Bronco vs a Jeep because it is just much roomier. I will not be hardcore wheeling but I definitely will hit easier trails.

3. The lack of AC is a huge issue. If you care about your family, you do not want your kids cooking in the back. And if you have a baby, that is dangerous during an Texas/Arizona summer.

4. Lack of cupholders has been solved with several products from the aftermarket or opting for the leather seats. Which is stupid considering its a 2k option and isn't even ventilated (vs aftermarket Katskinz options which are ventilated/heated for the price).

5. Quality problems seems legit. But surely there's a way to stop the rattling by using rubber shims around the vehicle. The hardtop rattle has many solutions as shown around the forum.

6. I am confident that the Bronco's steering rack will have beefier solutions, as seen already with the Raptor version. But it won't be cheap and it will require changing the whole unit. Bronc Buster has some upgrade options including changing the whole housing to something thicker (not just the plastic shim thing) but i'm not sure that will be enough just due to how much pressure the axles apparently move up and down. But that's a discussion for another thread.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.