First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As for what you change on your order to get it sooner. The badlands for me offers more features that I use than the Wildtrak like sway bar disconnect and front locker without needing the squatch package. I am running 37 inch f rated tires with 4.46:1 gearing and it pulls just fine albeit I am low altitude 900 ft above sea level with what I would call moderate hills and going down the highway at 70-75 it doesn't downshift I love the marine grade vinyl and rubber floors the on;y thing I wish I would have got is ACC for highway drafting in the slow lane lol
Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this had affected my order (and I couldn't find what I wanted on the secondhand market), it would be a headache but I think the following is doable:

- to replicate Sasquatch, switch trims to non-sasq Badlands since they use the same suspension, and buy someone else's low-mileage wheels/tire takeoffs on FB Marketplace (+$2,000-2,500, locally). Sell BL wheels/tires to partially offset (-$1,100-1,500).
- pre-order the ADV Fiberglass non-OEM hardtop, probably in the 1-piece variant since I don't expect I'm going to be taking the top on and off repeatedly.

So how does the money shake out?

If I originally wanted a 4D Sasquatch Wildtrak, 2.7L, MIC top, and midrange options + a few small add-ons, I'd be looking at MSRP $57,890.

Compare to downgrading to non-sasq soft top Badlands, same options, that's $55,245.
Minus $2,500 for the shabby private offer = $52,745.
Plus $5,875 for ADV aftermarket hard top = $58,620.
Wheel/tire swap (+$2,500), (-$1,200) = $59,920.

So you've got a functionally-sasquatched Badlands with a hard top, manufacturable in 2023, for not much more than what the Wildtrak was going to go for. It's a move of denial and desperation, sure, and will take tons more effort on your part! But it's possible.
Pretty solid plan. I have no faith ADV or Anderson will deliver or produce quickly, and definitely can't meet the current demand before Ford killed MIC. I'd expect to have a soft for a year or two minimum.

I'd recommend for the swap just get some aftermarket rims and tires and spend an extra 1-1.5k total. Better options out there especially tires wildpeak, nitto, etc). You also look for some takeoff tires and save a good amount of money.

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back to builds. You ordered a....Wildtrak, Badlands SAS, Outerbanks SAS, Black Diamond SAS, etc. You could no longer buy Wildtrak, BL SAS, LUX, OB SAS LUX etc. 4 door or two door. You could buy a non sas, non lux, non wildtrak something-two door or four door, knowing what you know after having seat time, where do you spend the 2500 and PP to make the Bronco better?

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Back to builds. You ordered a....Wildtrak, Badlands SAS, Outerbanks SAS, Black Diamond SAS, etc. You could no longer buy Wildtrak, BL SAS, LUX, OB SAS LUX etc. 4 door or two door. You could buy a non sas, non lux, non wildtrak something-two door or four door, knowing what you know after having seat time, where do you spend the 2500 and PP to make the Bronco better?
29,000 miles seat time so far.

OBX 4 Dr Lux advanced. Non SAS. Dual top given up for soft only and able to put said 29k miles under its belt. $2500 would go for heated steering wheel, lol but necessary where I live.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question needs a narrative on what you are buying instead of the WT.

Buying a non-BL then I do aftermarket suspension and 33s.
Aftermarket speakers, add a key and sub.
Forscan.
Other things at depending on what you want to do with it. I did way too much already..

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd say bigger wheels, 35" tires, and the sas fender extenders so you're not making a big mess. A nice winch for the mod bumper depending on where you're going.

A custom stereo if that's your jam. If you get built with the new sub in the back, apparently you can re-use that enclosure space for a nicer aftermarket sub.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think people should be looking at 2 door base manual. Mod bumper, switches.
Throw on some tires and go have fun.

Bronco never had a lux package or needed one.
Everyone spending 60k and it's not a 60k vehicle. But it's a hell of a lot of fun that doesn't require a heated steering wheel to be great
Perfectly said..lux is basically a heated steering wheel and crap radio system.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same place I spent mine and as stated before high package badlands with a small lift wheels and tires and in my humble opinion have a better equipped vehicle than the wildtrak

Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a great start! Thank you!! Isn't all about replicating too. ome of this thread should be about now that you have lived with your bronco, are there things that you would do differently?
Aha, gotcha. I was just trying to put forward the best plan to get close, and let those who understand their desire for customizations to include their own.

For me, I started cheap knowing I'd make it what I wanted myself. Started 2D BB, swapped Badlands KO2s within 15 minutes of getting it home, yanked out the back seats the next day, brown/black leather seats replicating the prototype concept photos. 4" speaker swap, minisub under the passenger seat, and last week tossed on the Mabett 6.5" pods in the back. Drives, looks, sounds excellent.

5 months after having it home, I'm happy with it to the point that I don't have any more plans for changes/improvements.

Only thing I know I'd do differently is include the factory aux switches for the paltry $200 they were asking. I wish I had power wired up there to tap into for my dashcam.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The badlands has the same axles as a SAS just 4.46 vs 4.7:1 gearing and it has swaybar disconnect and steel bash plates

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all. Hope others can ask qs given commodity constraints for a guide to build an actually deliverable bronco and one that customized with aftermarket options to meet their needs long term.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think most people here are missing his question. Nobody cares what package you think everyone else would be "best" with. Everybody uses them different. I don't have any use for a base vehicle. I drive 20k or more miles a year in this thing. We do 5k mile round trips. I have a family I don't have any use for a 2 door I want more room and luxury. My wife uses it for a daily driver and we have fun in it on the weekends or trips.. I think people need to be happy with what they buy and leave everybody else alone. As far as the real question I wouldn't want to give up Lux or the hardtop. I think you could give up the SAS package and replace it with what pieces you want the most to make it your own SAS.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t forget the price difference between the WT and whatever you choose as well. It’ll total more than $2500. I think it’s important to get it to a point where you’re not reminded that you got the shaft every time you look at it. That being said, I’d start with the suspension and wheel package. That’s the one thing you can change that will make you turn and look back every time you park it. Once the aesthetics are resolved, most will find themselves motivated to go further.
Sponsored