First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 690
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I’m an October 2020 reservation, with a March 2021 Order. 2.3 Black Diamond 2 door ManSasquatch Tow standard package.
Today my dealer called me (stuttering I might add) to say that Ford Motor Company wouldn’t build my car as it was and I needed to upgrade to a new higher trim level. I asked him to send me where it says this, and the communication went quiet.

What kind of s*** is this? This is a hustle, a bait and switch right ? Is ford motor company changing their ordering guide all of a sudden?
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're upselling you, find another Ford dealer. You can ORDER whatever you want. Depending on WHAT you order will determine how long you WAIT.

That being said: I'm not a master of what trims and configs are compatible with the Manual Transmission w/Sasquatch so they might not be wrong, hopefully someone else will chime in.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my guess. They are trying to get yours built but your tow package is a major constraint.

I don't think it's the model.

OP
OP

StarBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 690
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're upselling you, find another Ford dealer. You can ORDER whatever you want. Depending on WHAT you order will determine how long you WAIT.

That being said: I'm not a master of what trims and configs are compatible with the Manual Transmission w/Sasquatch so they might not be wrong, hopefully someone else will chime in.
I’m 400 days into waiting, I can’t exactly pick up and get a new dealer, can I?

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’m an October 2020 reservation, with a March 2021 Order. 2.3 Black Diamond 2 door ManSasquatch Tow standard package.
Today my dealer called me (stuttering I might add) to say that Ford Motor Company wouldn’t build my car as it was and I needed to upgrade to a new higher trim level. I asked him to send me where it says this, and the communication went quiet.

What kind of s*** is this? This is a hustle, a bait and switch right ? Is ford motor company changing their ordering guide all of a sudden?
Did you re-submit for 2022 order, because they didn't start accepting those until I believe late October. Being that that manual+sasquatch is 2022+ only.

Sponsored
OP
OP

StarBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 690
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just my guess. They are trying to get yours built but your tow package is a major constraint.

I don't think it's the model.
He was very insistent that I couldn’t have the trim I wanted. I’m waiting for him to dig a hole too deep he gets caught in the lie. He didn’t say anything about dropping the tow package and I haven’t fussed about waiting this long, I’m not sure why he’s changing his tune.

OP
OP

StarBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 690
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you re-submit for 2022 order, because they didn't start accepting those until I believe late October. Being that that manual+sasquatch is 2022+ only.
I did resubmit last month. Which goes back to my question, did they change the ordering guide? Are they doing away with mansquatch in lower trims?

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tow and MIC are constraints but there have been some strange things happening this week on the B&P that have been unexplained like no SAS on lower trims.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did resubmit last month. Which goes back to my question, did they change the ordering guide? Are they doing away with mansquatch in lower trims?
I don't think so, it's Bronco's big 1-up on Jeep really. In order to get the competitive package you need to order a 4-Door Rubicon I think.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a dealer, I'm not really for sure where they are coming from...imo, it will get built, it just may be a longer wait due to the commodities that you have chosen...I have not seen any communications from Ford stating that the BD 2.3L Sasquatch Pkg can't be built...

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SO... I just went to www.ford.com and built this using Build and Price... so, I'd call BS on somebody.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honest opinion- dealer experienced the B&P glitch where Sas isn’t available on certain trims. Dealer freaked because they don’t know any better and assumed that SAS isn’t offered on lower trims anymore. Dealer called without any backup info.

TLDR- dealer is an idiot, keep your build the same but consider a dealership change.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I thought Manual with SAS is a late 2022 now?
Sponsored