First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m curious how much this is going to cost them in lost business. How many people will switch to a wrangler or buy something else instead of wait. Not a big deal as it isn’t costing anyone money right now but what happens when all of the dealers start adding the mark ups even if you ordered it over a year prior? I had to go to several dealers before I found one that wouldn’t charge market ad on.
Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll have to ask the dealer how that affects my position in the line, or maybe you know. I would gladly 99 the order if it puts me at the head of the line for a ‘23MY. The lease on my current vehicle can be extended to December. Hopefully, that coincides with a ‘23MY.
You new here? Getting a straight answer, reasonable estimate, “where am I in line” and other info is impossible.

danimalbronco

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
and I hope it stays that way...we have seen too many new orders with MICs screwing over long time reservation folks. ENOUGH.

I don't care if some walk in gets a soft top Big Bend with a 4 cylinder but when they're getting loaded Badlands with MICs ahead of us we have a problem
It all depends on what options you ordered. Not just hardtops that are in short supply…

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You new here? Getting a straight answer, reasonable estimate, “where am I in line” and other info is impossible.
No, not new, but I get it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In for topless pics oh wait

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the “300 per day” quote came from a customer service rep that got reprimanded for saying so. Everything I’ve read so far says the MIC is still in short supply. I hope I get delayed until ‘23MY, so I can get a painted modular top.
You can make sure that happens by telling your dealer to change your priority code to 99. That preserves your order but ensures it won’t get scheduled. Then when MY23 ordering season begins have them submit a new order with a regular priority code

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll have to ask the dealer how that affects my position in the line, or maybe you know. I would gladly 99 the order if it puts me at the head of the line for a ‘23MY. The lease on my current vehicle can be extended to December. Hopefully, that coincides with a ‘23MY.
It doesn’t alter your position in line at all. You will naturally “move up”, at least as much as reservation order determines things, because you’ll be one of the last 2020 reservations at that point

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I remember early on when I was ordering at the beginning of 2021, the 2-door was always a constraint for producibility. I never understood why, thinking the floor pan is different between the 2 and 4 door models and that's about it. Interior is mostly the same. So it seems the 2-door constraint has always been the hard top availability. The MIC is just a hard part to produce in large quantities with a low-loss rate (in production terms "shrinkage").

Queue the Seinfeld meme...

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

'
It doesn’t alter your position in line at all. You will naturally “move up”, at least as much as reservation order determines things, because you’ll be one of the last 2020 reservations at that point
Thanks! When do you think we'll know if the painted modular top will be offered on the '23M?

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get what you're saying, but when he told me no Hardtop option for the 4-door, I said okay, order me a 2-door, cuz the MIC is standard on that one. 10 minutes go by and I was told no Hartops, period, 2 or 4 door, till Ford fixes the issue.
Since 2 door only comes with a hard top, that would mean no 2-door Broncos at all. I find that hard to believe.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The MIC is just a hard part to produce in large quantities with a low-loss rate (in production terms "shrinkage").

Queue the Seinfeld meme...
Ford Bronco Dealer said Molded In Color Hardtop not availble 1643490080966

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious how much this is going to cost them in lost business. How many people will switch to a wrangler or buy something else instead of wait. Not a big deal as it isn’t costing anyone money right now but what happens when all of the dealers start adding the mark ups even if you ordered it over a year prior? I had to go to several dealers before I found one that wouldn’t charge market ad on.
It cost them at least my Bronco. I wanted a mod top… when that got pushed to 2023, I considered a MIC top, and when that had issues, I bailed and bought a used FJ Cruiser.

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could be all the “new” MIC tops are being diverted to replacing the defective original ones. i just got my new top installed on my 2dr.
P.S. The Dealer said they were instructed to cut up the old top.

Status
Not open for further replies.