Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It just happened to me.

I logged into my Ford account and one of my reservations was converted yesterday without my permission. Luckily, my back up reservation at another dealer is still good (so far). What is the dealer's rationale for doing this? Not only does it tie the customer to the dealer and reduce our bargaining power (not an issue for me I'm Z-plan, but issue for others) but it might lock us into a build we don't want.

I reserved an OB and that's what was ordered, but I want a loaded BL. Has it been confirmed that we cant change trim levels after the order is placed? If so, this is a major problem. Good thing I have a backup reservation a few mins after my first with another dealer, but still. What do I do if my backup dealer also submits the order without my permission?

Not cool.
Sponsored

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm confused, was your reservation converted to order? If not, did you by chance order late availability items like the modular top? I was under the impression that late availability items aren't in the system yet to add to the order. Maybe someone with WBDO access can confirm.
Basically I sent my dealership the pdf of my build and asked them to place my order. It doesn’t contain any late availability items. I noticed my reservation status changed to order but I hadn’t received any contact from the dealership showing my build sheet or pricing. When I asked them about it I was told that my order was received but currently locked due to a commodity restriction and they they currently couldn’t access my order. They said that Ford is aware of this and I will be contacted when the issue is resolved. Ugh... no idea what all that means. Was just a regular badlands build with no late availability items. Now I have no idea what’s going on...

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to believe that it is poor communication and training from Ford.
Its so frustrating. My dealer guy knows I was coming in on Saturday to convert (and he wasn't even in the office yesterday), so it looks like someone higher up in the dealership is mass converting orders.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Its so frustrating. My dealer guy knows I was coming in on Saturday to convert (and he wasn't even in the office yesterday), so it looks like someone higher up in the dealership is mass converting orders.
I am optimistic that it isn't dealers being nefarious, just dumb and ill informed

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe I've got to page 31 of this thread and none of the conspiracy theorists on this forum have observed that this dealer behavior also benefits Ford.

Remember the 75% conversion rate that Ford estimated. That looks like where we are headed with dealers converting orders that now may be unwanted by the original reservation holder. Certainly Ford wouldn't want to have to report a 50% or 60% conversion rate to the marketplace when they estimated 75%.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am optimistic that it isn't dealers being nefarious, just dumb and ill informed
If that's the case, I can live with that (though I'm not pleased), as long as I can change the trim level they ordered.

Cactus Grey

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It just happened to me.

I logged into my Ford account and one of my reservations was converted yesterday without my permission. Luckily, my back up reservation at another dealer is still good (so far). What is the dealer's rationale for doing this? Not only does it tie the customer to the dealer and reduce our bargaining power (not an issue for me I'm Z-plan, but issue for others) but it might lock us into a build we don't want.

I reserved an OB and that's what was ordered, but I want a loaded BL. Has it been confirmed that we cant change trim levels after the order is placed? If so, this is a major problem. Good thing I have a backup reservation a few mins after my first with another dealer, but still. What do I do if my backup dealer also submits the order without my permission?

Not cool.
Jen,
You should move this over to the Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco thread.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet the dealers are trying to increase their conversion percentage. I guess the reservation owner could cancel, but what about those that changed mind and never contact dealer to cancel? Dealer takes delivery and puts it on the lot? I know there's rumors that Ford has a plan on place to keep dealers from keeping allocations for themselves... But if a customer doesn't follow up with the dealer, then what ya gonna do....

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It just happened to me.

Not cool.
I just texted my salesperson (used to be my neighbor) about this and to ensure they understand I am not OK with it (I put it nicely lol). I am curious to see what his reaction will be.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent my salesman two builds; one BD and one BL. Neither of those were what I reserved, BB. No way they can convert my reservation without me.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet the dealers are trying to increase their conversion percentage. I guess the reservation owner could cancel, but what about those that changed mind and never contact dealer to cancel? Dealer takes delivery and puts it on the lot? I know there's rumors that Ford has a plan on place to keep dealers from keeping allocations for themselves... But if a customer doesn't follow up with the dealer, then what ya gonna do....
My guess is that once the order is placed you cannot, or at least you will have to jump through hoops, to change dealer. They obviously do not want that and they think once the in person meeting goes down they can just edit the order to what the customer wants.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if this is true, that it works the way explained, but I was told the dealers are hoping if they have a higher conversion percentage, Ford will up their allocation. So, if their conversion rate is well over 30%, maybe they will get allocated greater than 30%. My dealer said he wants to make sure everyone is gung-ho so they can convert them all. Seems they may be converting them all in the hopes they get more vehicles, maybe the buyers will then back out and they can sell them as retail stock.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sent my salesman two builds; one BD and one BL. Neither of those were what I reserved, BB. No way they can convert my reservation without me.
They sure can. You might not like it, but they can.
Sponsored