Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how much you can trust that. Sounds more like he’s saying you can still change your order details. Unless that’s all your worried about.
I want to be able to order based on the latest information. If 2 dr continues to be constrained then I will go with 4 dr. Still waffling on BB, BD or BL(which I have reserved). I don’t want the inventory mgr at the dealership to decide for me.
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps, yes, particularly if you made your reservation however long ago and didn't converse with the dealer in the interim to understand their real or perceived process on the who, what, and how of that getting converted to an order. I've had multiple conversations with the Dealer to determine what the scoop was, would there be an uncharge or a discount and how much, who would contact who when orders opened, what their expected allocation might be, and whether I needed to be there to place the order or could do it over the phone. The point here is to become informed and eliminate or minimize any surprises. Had any shady tactics or processes arose in those discussions, I had plenty of time to divert to another Dealer. Food for thought.
Not all dealers were as open and transparent as yours. I talked to multiple dealers getting the same responses. I am glad it worked out for you, but there are a number of people here that heard nothing from dealers and had their reservations converted to orders. Do you put all the blame on all of us? Should it be the customer seeking out dealers 100+ miles out trying to find the "right one"?

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
I think you should threaten the dealership with a lawsuit for breach of contract. By charging your credit card the $100 reservation fee, the dealership was agreeing to a contract that said you had the right to change dealerships if you wanted to. By converting your reservation to a an order without your permission the violated the terms of the contract. Tine to make the sales idiots feel some pain!

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to be able to order based on the latest information. If 2 dr continues to be constrained then I will go with 4 dr. Still waffling on BB, BD or BL(which I have reserved). I don’t want the inventory mgr at the dealership to decide for me.
Yeah, I don’t think you have anything to worry about there.

This problem is only a big deal to people who haven’t agree to a price yet and think they still might have to shop for a new dealer.

This also happened to me, but I have a second reservation that wasn’t converted, so I’m not as worried unless that one get converted too.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am totally stumped after talking to my local dealer where my reservation is being held. Here is all of the issues I'm seeing from them:

* No email has gone out from them yet to reservation holders (he said, "oh yeah, I am going to have to find some time this weekend to get an email out")

* He said his spreadsheets for reservations was all out of order and he wasn't able to sort and tell me where my reservation fell in his allocations

* Said Ford had not trained them/given enough info on placing orders

* He said 3 others had just popped in to complete their orders but system wasn't allowing him to order Badlands, Wildtrax or First Editions at all

* Didn't know when I would have to put a down payment (WHEN DO I ?????????????)

I set up an appointment for next week but really am concerned about how and if my order is going to be processed.

ANY HELP FROM YOU GUYS IS APPRECIATED!!!!!
Most of that is not surprising. Lots of dealers (most?) weren't proactive about being ready to convert orders. Order banks have been open for less than 48 hrs, and they have a couple of months at least to get things entered. Certainly not surprising they don't think Ford gave them enough training/info.

Limitations on the trims is a little odd, but could just be user error.

I wouldn't freak about any of this yet, as long as they are making progress and communicating with you.

No down payment should be required until delivery. Perhaps a deposit at the time they order.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not all dealers were as open and transparent as yours. I talked to multiple dealers getting the same responses. I am glad it worked out for you, but there are a number of people here that heard nothing from dealers and had their reservations converted to orders. Do you put all the blame on all of us? Should it be the customer seeking out dealers 100+ miles out trying to find the "right one"?
Try 2500 miles over an ocean! But I feel your pain. I only found out last Thursday what dealers were doing. Still hoping I can go local.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you should threaten the dealership with a lawsuit for breach of contract. By charging your credit card the $100 reservation fee, the dealership was agreeing to a contract that said you had the right to change dealerships if you wanted to. By converting your reservation to a an order without your permission the violated the terms of the contract. Tine to make the sales idiots feel some pain!
There ya go. In order to be able to switch dealers, so that you can save a little bit of money on buying a new car, threaten to hire a lawyer. :rolleyes:

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My issue is I'm trying to schedule a time to meet with my sales guy to go over some things, and he's just telling me if I don't send him my build ASAP, they'll just skip me and move on. I'm like - that's not how this is supposed to work. And he's being real dodgy about answering my questions about their allocation and where my reservation is in their list. Really frustrating because I've done business with them before.

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was told my order was received but it was locked due to a commodity restriction and they can’t access it... what does that even mean?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told my order was received but it was locked due to a commodity restriction and they can’t access it... what does that even mean?
I’m able to explain what each of those words mean individually... but I am unable to explain what all of them mean together arranged in that particular order.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got ya. My dealership did this to all their reservations as they accidently gave me the printed list. Question: I have the number 2 time slot at my dealership meaning I'll likely get and configuration I want in 2021. If you change dealerships does Ford have a process to preserve my spot in line? For example the dealership I want to move to told me anyone who placed a badlands after 10am on the 14th will likely have to wait till 2022. Would I be pushed down as well?
I am sorry, but this has been quoted a bunch of times and haven't seen anyone react, so I have to wonder if I am reading it wrong, or are people just skimming this stuff?

Are you saying that your dealership accidentally gave you documentation that they converted ALL of the reservations at their dealership to orders!?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm confused, was your reservation converted to order? If not, did you by chance order late availability items like the modular top? I was under the impression that late availability items aren't in the system yet to add to the order. Maybe someone with WBDO access can confirm.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I am totally stumped after talking to my local dealer where my reservation is being held. Here is all of the issues I'm seeing from them:

* No email has gone out from them yet to reservation holders (he said, "oh yeah, I am going to have to find some time this weekend to get an email out")

* He said his spreadsheets for reservations was all out of order and he wasn't able to sort and tell me where my reservation fell in his allocations

* Said Ford had not trained them/given enough info on placing orders

* He said 3 others had just popped in to complete their orders but system wasn't allowing him to order Badlands, Wildtrax or First Editions at all

* Didn't know when I would have to put a down payment (WHEN DO I ?????????????)

I set up an appointment for next week but really am concerned about how and if my order is going to be processed.

ANY HELP FROM YOU GUYS IS APPRECIATED!!!!!
Sorry to say but "Don't support local" this time.
Sponsored