First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may want to contact the Colorado group, apparently no dealers in Colorado are playing well. Bunch of them from there are going with Granger...
I'm in the Granger group buy now!
Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who actually do have their original order canceled, please make sure you get a refund on your deposit. My order was canceled a month ago but I have yet to receive a refund of the $100.

I am assuming from what I remember, is that your reservation is always refundable, but if you proceeded to make an order and then you cancel it (regardless if it was unconsented), technically your $100 stays with the dealer. So double-check that you do indeed see the refund come through a week or two after your original order is canceled.
I didnt get notice of refund when i transfered. While looking over my credit card statement a month later, i found the refund.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I didnt get notice of refund when i transfered. While looking over my credit card statement a month later, i found the refund.
Yea that's what I had done already considering it's been a full month. No refund in my account or in the "pending" transactions area as well, unfortunately. Each dealer might have their own method with how they deal with a canceled order.

spdrcrx

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Made my new reservation on Monday. Was told it would take 3 days to move my time stamp to the new reservation. It’s now Friday and no update. Waiting to get through to Ford to see what’s going on.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Made my new reservation on Monday. Was told it would take 3 days to move my time stamp to the new reservation. It’s now Friday and no update. Waiting to get through to Ford to see what’s going on.
Same situation for me. Total fiasco! The incompetence is mind boggling.

Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine's only been waiting a couple days but as we get closer to the deadline to order I'm growing more and more concerned. Keep us up to date on what happens please, I'll be calling Monday if I don't see my reservations merge by then.

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the waiting period since lat Thursday. For those that have successfully seen their new reservations updated, were you notified in any way, or just kept refreshing your screen until you saw the date on your new reservation changed?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question...and apologies if this has been asked already. As I understand the process, the Stealership is best served by putting a rush on converting all the reservations they have to orders, to potentially lock in their allocations. After that, however, if any customers bail on their reservations (as in cancel entirely and not change stealerships), do those allocated vehicles still make it to the dealer? If so, what happens to the order in which the customers are stacked? Example...customer has time stamp that puts him in position 10 at stealership X. Customer who has timestamp position 9 bails, after his reservation was converted. Does that mean customer 10 becomes 9, or does the vehicle intended for customer 9 stay at that position, and then stealership can sell that particular vehicle for huge markup? Similarly, what if the position 9 order bails even before the stealership converted to order?
Any order that is cancelled before the build is scheduled and VIN is assigned (about 2 weeks before the parts start getting bolted together), just poofs out of existence. That Bronco does not get built, it's as if the reservation was cancelled back in December. In your example position 10's order just gets pulled 1 allocation slot sooner by Ford to be built. The dealership doesn't have a say in that. Ford just grabs the next person in timestamp line... and if they just did 8, but 9 cancelled, then 10 is up next.

Dealership allocation is going to be calculated very soon once all the orders are in... so I guess the real question is, if that person cancels, is that dealership's total allocation already set, so someone will get a MY21 Bronco that wasn't gong to before, or will that unit be subtracted from the dealership's allocation so all the same people will be getting a bronco as before. (My gut tells me it's the former, since it would be kind of a nightmare to try to recalculate what dealership "deserves" that newly available Bronco rather than just keep it going to the same dealer for the next person)

If a person's Bronco has the VIN assigned, there's not stopping it being built. If a person decides to bail and their vehicle will or has been built, it becomes the dealership's to sell as if it was a regular dealer stock unit. At that point they can't chose the options or anything, but with demand, there will probably be someone willing to buy it. The caveat is that dealerships will be audited by Ford to make sure they are selling the Broncos to the people that reserved them in the first place (matching names). If too many Broncos get sold to people other than the ones that reserved it, there are penalties to the dealership, up to and including loss of allocation (and ultimately sales). This is meant to prevent dealerships from enticing orders and then forcing people out so they can sell for markup..... it's understood that there will inevitably be situations in which someone intends to buy and then life's circumstances ultimately interfere, especially with the wait being as long as it is with the Bronco, and there is consideration to that (that's to say, if you decide to walk away from your order, don't worry about the dealership)

Last edited:

spdrcrx

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine's only been waiting a couple days but as we get closer to the deadline to order I'm growing more and more concerned. Keep us up to date on what happens please, I'll be calling Monday if I don't see my reservations merge by then.
Just checked and my new reservation made last week now has been updated with my original time stamp date from July. Didn’t get a notification, just checked the website. It took exactly 7 days to update.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just checked and my new reservation made last week now has been updated with my original time stamp date from July. Didn’t get a notification, just checked the website. It took exactly 7 days to update.
I'll be screwed if mine takes that long - it'll leave me 1 day to finalize and place my order. I just checked it this morning and no dice, if no update by tomorrow afternoon I'll call Ford.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be screwed if mine takes that long - it'll leave me 1 day to finalize and place my order. I just checked it this morning and no dice, if no update by tomorrow afternoon I'll call Ford.
I'm in your situation. I called Ford today and they can tell you exactly NOTHING. After ranting and raving I was told a supervisor would call me back in 24 hours. Calling them is useless as are their employees in charge of changing time stamps. The mismanagement and incompetence is remarkable.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in your situation. I called Ford today and they can tell you exactly NOTHING. After ranting and raving I was told a supervisor would call me back in 24 hours. Calling them is useless as are their employees in charge of changing time stamps. The mismanagement and incompetence is remarkable.
Oh well, worst case scenario I don't get my order in and I get a 2022, which I wanted anyways.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh well, worst case scenario I don't get my order in and I get a 2022, which I wanted anyways.
Convert your order and build your Bronco. When they finally get the timestamp switched you'll be good to go. No need to wait on ordering.

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This gives me hope. Tomorrow is 7 days for me. Maybe I'll wake up to an old date on a new reservation.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Convert your order and build your Bronco. When they finally get the timestamp switched you'll be good to go. No need to wait on ordering.
I did this, the order transfer ticket was created on Feb 1 that went nowhere and the timestamp switch ticket was created on march 10 last Wednesday. I've been checking the creation date on reservation page everyday. No change so far. Ford account Sign in seems to be broken at this moment.
Sponsored