Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly, I'd just fill with some bondo and sand it smooth... then make an appointment to get the hard top Line-X'd

Looks better, and will be more durable long-term. I had mine done, and it makes a huge difference in the overall look

20230606_180623.jpg

20230511_184040.jpg
Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I'd just fill with some bondo and sand it smooth... then make an appointment to get the hard top Line-X'd

Looks better, and will be more durable long-term. I had mine done, and it makes a huge difference in the overall look

Ford Bronco Dent in my MIC hardtop!! Branch fell onto my roof 20230511_184040

How does that stuff hold up against UV? No fade? Seems like a good idea for the OP. Or prep and paint whatever color and sheen he wants.

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

How much heavier are the panels after the LineX?

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How does that stuff hold up against UV? No fade? Seems like a good idea for the OP. Or prep and paint whatever color and sheen he wants.
I've only had it for 3 or 4 months. No issues yet, but don't really expect any fading, as this is bedliner. Resists scratches and tough as can be.

How much heavier are the panels after the LineX?
I'm sure it weighs a bit more, but not noticeable. Still easy enough to take the front panels off, and still a 2 person job to remove the rear portion.

Only downside is a bit more wind noise due to the texture. But looks good enough to ignore a little extra noise.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you do claim it through insurance, i would strongly consider the new abv hard top (i think its abv, whatever the hardtop is that just came out with the slightly slanted back). Regarding filling it yourself. It’s possible but i can’t imagine it being a water tight seal. And as you can tell the factory hard tops are basically cardboard on the inside. Once water gets in, thats it. Mold mold city.
Yea, fiberglass is essentially the bulletproof material which served so many so well for so long....

100249-oncar-01_6.jpg

It's strange how you don't see too many of these cherry body kits anymore, why is that?

Oh right, Pepperidge Farm remembers.... It's because they crack like crazy and are ridiculously time consuming and expensive to repair. Sadly, Ford chose a roof construction which is only one small step more durable and robust than fiberglass. It's not much, but it's something, fiberglass is not an "upgrade" material.

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_text.gif

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, fiberglass is essentially the bulletproof material which served so many so well for so long....

100249-oncar-01_6.jpg

It's strange how you don't see too many of these cherry body kits anymore, why is that?

Oh right, Pepperidge Farm remembers.... It's because they crack like crazy and are ridiculously time consuming and expensive to repair. Sadly, Ford chose a roof construction which is only one small step more durable and robust than fiberglass. It's not much, but it's something, fiberglass is not an "upgrade" material.

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_text.gif
It might not be the golden bullet but it's also not going to separate and crack on its own nor will it puncture like a balloon. Nor is it filled with cardboard (literally). I mean, all that to talk simply to trash a possible solution...without providing a solution. Thanks man. Really. Wonderful contribution. LOL. Common dude.

Im just going to put this right here....ahem ahem
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/adv-vs-oem-hardtop-comparison.74982/

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It might not be the golden bullet but it's also not going to separate and crack on its own nor will it puncture like a balloon. Nor is it filled with cardboard (literally). I mean, all that to talk simply to trash a possible solution...without providing a solution. Thanks man. Really. Wonderful contribution. LOL. Common dude.
At this time there isn't a solution to "why are these roofs made with terrible materials?"...

If there was the answer of "company X makes one out of stamped aluminum" then I would have been singing that from the trees.

As for the OP, I would personally fill the compromised roof with silicone or resin. Something hydrophobic yet flexible. However, I would look into any warranty/insurance solutions first, as you don't want to be denied by trying to fix it. Once the bean counters have the paperwork in order then fill it and wait for the eventual outcome.

^^^ Was that better for you, @omi205 ? It seemed like the level of common sense that, apparently, needed saying to placate you.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this time there isn't a solution to "why are these roofs made with terrible materials?"...

If there was the answer of "company X makes one out of stamped aluminum" then I would have been singing that from the trees.

As for the OP, I would personally fill the compromised roof with silicone or resin. Something hydrophobic yet flexible. However, I would look into any warranty/insurance solutions first, as you don't want to be denied by trying to fix it. Once the bean counters have the paperwork in order then fill it and wait for the eventual outcome.

^^^ Was that better for you, @omi205 ? It seemed like the level of common sense that, apparently, needed saying to placate you.
You sure your ok man? Someone take something from you today?

Let me get this straight. You think that "warranty" still applies here. :ROFLMAO:. Yah OP. Take this to your local ford dealer and try to make a claim under "warranty". Can't wait to see how that goes. "a tree fell on hard top and put a hole in it, clearly manufacturing defect, can I have new one?" :ROFLMAO:

Regarding your comment on fiberglass being "bad". Every Wrangler hardtop is made of...drum role...fiberglasssssss. How many issues do you see with them? Have you owned a Wrangler @Rick Astley? Guess what. I have. No issues at all. Im also part of the wrangler forums. And guess what. No threads on their hardtops going bad either. Claiming that the Ford Bronco MIC hard top is superior to a wrangler fiberglass hard top (or fiberglass in general) is misleading. The ABV hardtop is most definitely superior. You not liking it, is your own opinion, for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You sure your ok man? Someone take something from you today?

Let me get this straight. You think that "warranty" still applies here. :ROFLMAO:. Yah OP. Take this to your local ford dealer and try to make a claim under "warranty". Can't wait to see how that goes. "a tree fell on hard top and put a hole in it, clearly manufacturing defect, can I have new one?" :ROFLMAO:

Regarding your comment on fiberglass being "bad". Every Wrangler hardtop is made of...drum role...fiberglasssssss. How many issues do you see with them? Have you owned a Wrangler @Rick Astley? Guess what. I have. No issues at all. Im also part of the wrangler forums. And guess what. No threads on their hardtops going bad either. Claiming that the Ford Bronco MIC hard top is superior to a wrangler fiberglass hard top (or fiberglass in general) is misleading. The ABV hardtop is most definitely superior. You not liking it, is your own opinion, for whatever reason.
You win the internet! You guessed it, I only work on 2-stroke unicycles and the only forum i've ever been on is this one. Nicely done! Where do I get red shackles for my front bumper, and you've changed the world, fiberglass is the indestructible roof material of the gods! (PS: don't look at this, apparently fiberglass on wranglers can crack as well. https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/cracked-2021-jl-hardtop.2441903/)

FWIW: I didn't bring wranglers into this (you did), and I didn't bring your other forums into this (again, you did. I think to add some sort of extra anecdotal validity?). You want accuracy in your quotes., be the change you want to see in the world.

Strangely, I did answer @erics667 actual question regarding filling. Perhaps..... FILL IT WITH A WRANGLER, AND READ ALL ABOUT IT ON THE JEEP FORUM!

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would't bondo work? It is routinely used to repair dents. Sure you have to sand it and paint it, but that patch is on top of the MIC where noone would ever see it.

Editorial comment: Ford really shit all over themselves with both the MIC and the soft top. One is made of fragile egg cartons, the other looks like a saggy POS on every photo I have seen. "Hidden" snap buckles hold the windows in place? Really @Ford Motor Company? You couldn't contract with @Bestop_Team and let their decades of experience help you get a better soft top out?

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You win the internet! You guessed it, I only work on 2-stroke unicycles and the only forum i've ever been on is this one. Nicely done! Where do I get red shackles for my front bumper, and you've changed the world, fiberglass is the indestructible roof material of the gods! (PS: don't look at this, apparently fiberglass on wranglers can crack as well. https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/cracked-2021-jl-hardtop.2441903/)

FWIW: I didn't bring wranglers into this (you did), and I didn't bring your other forums into this (again, you did. I think to add some sort of extra anecdotal validity?). You want accuracy in your quotes., be the change you want to see in the world.

Strangely, I did answer @erics667 actual question regarding filling. Perhaps..... FILL IT WITH A WRANGLER, AND READ ALL ABOUT IT ON THE JEEP FORUM!
I am so confused. You came swinging at me from left field, with your initial comment, and now you want to play victim. You literally attacked my comment suggesting that OP explore AVB as a possible alternative. If you read a bit more, I also suggest to OP possible insurance and possible repair. Stop man. Why are you turning a place of sharing ideas into a hostile place. Why?

The only reason I brought up the Wrangler was to point out that fiberglass (your worst enemy, apparently) is working extremely well for them, for years...but for some reason you hate it. Thats your personal opinion.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were mine, I’d stop by a boat repair facility. They repair boats that have run into docks daily. They should have the ability, or know the shop that does. May even be cheaper than an insurance deductible.
Sponsored