Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear when you say dirty order you’re talking about a commodity constraint right?
Yes. If the commodities required to complete an order are not available, an order is classified as “dirty“ and is not normally scheduled. There have been exceptions on Bronco and other models in the last 12 months, where orders get partially built, but are still awaiting specific commodities — say, acceptable MIC hard tops that pass QC specs, or specific control modules awaiting chips — so the builds cannot be shipped, but are still partially complete and held in a storage yard as WIP inventory, awaiting the missing commodities. Nevertheless, those are exceptions to the normal rule.

Bottom line, commodities always trump allocation. Your dealership can have the nations’ largest allocation and your order may be #1 in line, but if the commodities are not available to complete the order, the order cannot and will not ship. But even though your ultimate fate is still in the hands of the commodity gods, you’re always better off with a PC1 order than a PC 10-19 order,
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What I fail to understand in these situations is, why is it on the dealer to re-order from anew and hope for Ford to grant a priority build? After waiting over a year for the 2003 Nissan 350Z with a pre-order, my VIN went overboard from a container ship shortly after leaving Japan. While very disappointed, Nissan immediately rescheduled my build while making very generous offers as a goodwill gesture. The dealer has contracted with Ford for delivery of the vehicle. A Ford contracted transportation company has suffered a loss making the delivery impossible. Without good delivery, I would think that Ford still owes the dealer the contracted allocation. Why is it on the dealer to start back at square one? Better question... why doesn't Ford give two hoots that this vehicle "belongs" to a customer and in that customer's eyes, Ford has failed in it's delivery?
I feel for you buddy. I've been in your position before, but with a much better vehicle manufacturer. Ford seems to have a really bad F.U. attitude towards the end purchaser, not just in this instance but multiples over the past couple of years. I sincerely hope you get it all figured out and can find happiness with whatever you decide.
Legend has it that container washed up on an uncharted island where the local natives got the Z and went ripping around all over the island,and drifting was born.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your loss, I get a bit anxious whenever there is a bad storm that has a potential for hail. Hope Ford can get things moving along at lightning speed to get you another built. They watch the forums cause you will see them occasionally post, best of Luck and Ford do the right thing and get this person a Bronco. Oh and all the other people that reserved in 2020 and even 2021, cause it’s disheartening to hear that people ordering them this year are getting Broncos before them. Sorry if you are one of those people but there are a lot of folks that have had skin in the game for a much longer time like this person with the hail damaged tragedy.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope Ford can get things moving along at lightning speed to get you another built.
Let's hope they can do a little better than that.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been thinking about this situation. Hail, for the most part has damaged the hood, and windshield. If it is a MIC top then that most likely was damaged to some extent. I get that the cost of these parts is over an established “ legal” limit to sell it as a new vehicle, but even the smallest bumper tap costs a few thousand to repair these days. Not to mention the body panels are made to be removable. Unless the windows were totally smashed out and rain loured into the vehicle, seems to me the vehicle would be repairable.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- Bronco Reservation: 07.14.20

- VIN Received: 03.04.22

- 1st Built Week: 04.25.22

- 2nd Built Week: 05.09.22

- Built Email: 05.13.22

- Delivery Window 06/12 - 06/18.

- Email Confirmation on June 14th from dealership delivery window still holds true.

- Learned from another Bronco6g member there was a hail storm on 06.07 in Omaha, NE and his vehicle was a total loss.

- Contacted Ford Chat 06.18.22.

Response below:

1655593517766.png

My truck was there too, damage as well. Dont know extent, But have similar timeline.

7-14 8am res
and been waiting sooo damn long.

I'm not sure how to describe how I feel.
Oh no, that sucks! So sorry to hear that. There are probably others that were damaged. Ford should fast track a replacement!
Mine was there too, and also damaged.
I'm also a 7/14 reservation. I feel the pain

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's kind of surprising considering pretty much every body panel of the Bronco was designed to be removable, not like a unibody vehicle where fenders would have to be sawed off and re-welded.
Exactly my thought.

Readyset

Base
First Name
Curie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base

- Email Confirmation on June 14th from dealership delivery window still holds true.

- Learned from another Bronco6g member there was a hail storm on 06.07 in Omaha, NE and his vehicle was a total loss.

Response below:

1655593517766.png

I am sorry to hear that! :(

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a disaster! Sorry OP. Hopefully Ford steps up and gets you another quickly.

TiFi

Wildtrak
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to hear and I'm sure there will be others that were affected at the holding lot.

Same advice to you as I gave to the other member who's Bronco was damaged in the hail storm. Keep pressing the issue to have the dealer escalate the issue with the zone rep.
Yes please have the dealer reach out to Ford.

I had mine 2021 Raptor stolen from the Atlanta Hapeville rail yard and the driver who sold it was killed in a crash and the truck was a total loss. I had been waiting on the truck for 8 months and Ford stepped up and got me a new truck built the next production scheduling run.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, but I am suggesting that you get the option to make the choice as to what you would or would not accept (and perhaps at a significant discount). I would consider it, especially if I were able to get a warranty from another company.
Even without a warranty it won’t sell for a considerable discount at auction. Just saying.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Response below:

1655593517766.png

That is abhorrent. Sorry to hear that happened. No remedy?

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm perplexed that for these damaged in transport vehicles they don't immediately get rebuilt. It makes no sense. Sorry amigo. I know this beyond sucks. Im a 7/14, 1 a.m. reservation that got delivered last October. I'm not sure what I'd be feeling if I was still waiting and this happened. Best of luck to you.
Sponsored