Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how much extra does it cost per month to add it? i’m sure you’ll be pleased with it opposed to always wishing you had it
Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat 15K-20K per year with a lot of highway miles.

Right now I am leaning toward BD or BL with the upgraded aluminum rims.

Does any know if I could add the larger 35" AT tires after the intial 33" tires wear out? Or will I need to change suspension etc?

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmm..
Ford Bronco Do I need really the Sasquatch??? rapid

Add 32s for about $900, but no trail turn and not lockers. Nearly empty hero switches.

Ford Bronco Do I need really the Sasquatch??? rapidsq

$5700 more and no regret.

or

Ford Bronco Do I need really the Sasquatch??? rapidBD

Rubber floors, 32s, locker and Vinyl for the price of the squatch.

I went and test drove a Jeep for tire size and top perspective keeping the wife in mind.

I most likely go Base and add 32s and running boards. 35s cost a lot to replace and the additional height would make working the top harder even with running boards. I only plan dirt roads and beaches with some road trips to the mountains. Standard 4x4 is good.

My suggestion is go drive a Jeep, when I did helped me focus one what I wanted out of my rig.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch package looks fun, but it's going to cost more $$$ in gas with the tires, higher suspension, and higher rear axle ratio. Or, you could get sasquatch and spend $5K on a sh%tbox for your daily driver.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco should be vastly better than that.
yeah I have to assume that the 4.7 gearing, IFS, Torque of 2.7 or even the 2.3(I plan to get Mansquatch) will make the Bronco Sasquatch have great on road manners.

Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say go for it. The Sasquatch package is a bit overkill for my purposes as well, but, there's more to the Squatch than just the 35s, so, if it ends up that I don't like the 35s? It'll be much easier to go down to 33s while still retaining the other features that Sasquatch brings.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you think you’ll ever want a locker or larger than stock tires... just do the Sasquatch. But for someone like my dad who will never change anything, a non squatch black diamond compares very favorably to a stock TRD Pro 4Runner which is a very capable vehicle.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The videos a couple weeks ago of the new Bronco SPORT in moab was tougher off roading than what 99.9% of the folks on this forum will ever do. Almost everyone getting the sasquatch package in truth is doing it for looks only and will never use nor NEED the sasquatch package.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you sit here and think $5000 is pocket change then yes go for it. $5k is a lot of money to spend on something you may never use to be honest. I would just get bigger tires and maybe a lift and call it a day if I were you. Don’t even get me started on the “it only costs me XX per month to get it” as no matter what way you look at it, you are spending extra $5k. If you are ok with that than go for it since Sasquatch comes with a lot of great upgrades you will need to hard core off road.

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you sit here and think $5000 is pocket change then yes go for it. $5k is a lot of money to spend on something you may never use to be honest. I would just get bigger tires and maybe a lift and call it a day if I were you. Don’t even get me started on the “it only costs me XX per month to get it” as no matter what way you look at it, you are spending extra $5k. If you are ok with that than go for it since Sasquatch comes with a lot of great upgrades you will need to hard core off road.
Yea to be honest I don’t need the extreme off road goodies, just doing it for the looks, so I most likely can just buy some km3’s keep rims and call it a day

Sponsored

gavalan

Base
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm torn on this too. TBH I want Sasquatch mostly for looks (I think the Bronco looks best with these proportions), but it kind of seems like a good deal to me? Price out how much new wheels, tires and a lift will be. Maybe $2500? With Sasquatch you get it right off the bat, plus the upgrades, plus auto transmission which is $1500. I don't particularly love the aftermarket look, and I don't know when I would just drop $2500++ to change it all out. I'd rather head out for some adventures right after delivery.

Last edited:

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think your assumption on price won’t work out, I think you’re assuming it includes auto trans. I look at the 5700 price tag on base and ask, do I really need a $6k off-road package, or could I just add some 33s and maybe wheels and be just as happy. I personally don’t think I’ll be off-road enough to justify the 5700 option
If you just want light off road with a truck like this, all you really need is a rear locker. Wheels and tires can then be tailored to match whatever style you like. Save money on your order and customize over time through the aftermarket. I feel like that’s how this whole Bronco concept started.

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you need it? Of course not, do you want it? Most likely. (Cool factor all day long)

Though to add to that, if you go Base, then it'd definitely be a good move. From what I've seen so far (and I could be wrong), the Base ONLY offers the rear locker with the Squatch package (does the locker mean that much to you? Off-roading it certainly could). Also, larger tires, want smaller gear ratio (If I have smaller/bigger correct, always confuse it). If you plan on towing, I'd go with the upgraded gears as well. Only way to get 4.46 gears is to go with 2.3l. Well if you want the 2.3, then you are good there.

So the answer isn't as simple as a yes or no.
That is not true, front and rear lockers are included for the sasquatch package.

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds like you definitely don't NEED it, but you may find yourself seeking out more off road challenges once you realize how incredibly capable your vehicle will be with sasquatch.

Off roading isn't for everyone, but most drivers will admit that it has an addictive quality to it. You would be filled with regret if you cought the off road bug and didn't have the sasquatch package. Recreating it if after purchase will cost a lot more than $5k.

Also keep in mind that the sasquatch package upgrades your front differential from the aluminum-cased dana m190 to the iron-cased m210. (The numbers are the ring gear diameter in mm)

It will also likely increase your resale value if that is a deciding factor for you.

If the reduced mpg and road handling with the 35's isn't an issue for you and you might find yourself doing more than just mild off roading then go for it!

Last edited:

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some math to think about...

If you’re just going for looks and you don’t squatch now but you want 35s later, then you’re in for 5 x around $325 (35s / 315s are about 325 each, and you need 5 because you will look like a dork without the matching spare on the back) so you are looking at $1600 for tires, then add $125 for mounting and balancing So you’re now at $1725. Also, If you then actually decide to change wheels/rims then you will add another $1200 minimum (and that’s for for shitty Rockstar type wheels). And all this without having the front and rear lockers, 4.7 gears and upgraded suspension.
Sponsored

Last edited: