Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He means time to clear the shelves of outdated commodities... stuff no one wants added to packages

@GOODVBZ
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"WE MAY send communications about products, services, offers, promotions, news, and more that are customized based on your personal information, including your location, speed, and driving characteristics."

https://owner.ford.com/privacy/privacy-notices.html
https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/
http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20160809-your-car-is-not-your-friend
https://www.adaptautomotive.com/articles/672-ford-collaboration-includes-access-to-telematics-data
(The Exchange makes driving data more accessible from Ford connected vehicles and informs insurers of drivers with qualifying discounts)

Relevant discussion

I will pass on the FordPass.

Agree with BlazinGTO that we need better legislation.
This has been beaten to death, but they do not share information with your insurance company unless your insurance company has a program with them and you opt in. The OBD2 information has been collected forever and can be accessed in certain cases. The Bronco brings nothing “new” to the table in data or connectivity. It’s definitely not as “invasive “ as the internet tracking or your cell phone. The auto manufacturers (including Ford) have been very conservative and biased towards customer privacy and data compared to many industries. I get if you don’t like it, but it’s not something you can avoid unless you have an older vehicle. I would watch out for our legislators doing a good job “protecting “ us, their track record isn’t very good in the past. Better to have your $$$ vote IMO. I worked for a very large data company and what they collect and connect is truly astonishing. That being said, data use and privacy was by far the biggest priority. Partly due to legislation, but largely due to the market and how it would punish them if they made mistakes in either case.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the BBC report on this:

That said, this January Ford announced it had entered into a partnership with Amazon to allow its drivers to connect to their cars and Ford’s technology through the cloud. This new feature effectively turns the car into an Amazon Echo on wheels. The Echo is an always-on device that has already sparked huge privacy concerns as it sits in your living room quietly and passively listening for you to give it a command. And now it will quietly listen to you in your car as well.
http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20160809-your-car-is-not-your-friend
Allow, not require, that’s the key. If they made you connect to Amazon and captured tour data as a part of the vehicle, that would be problematic IMO.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could tell you plenty of places you can go where none of the tech works. Does that help you any?😉
I've got bodies to bury...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
including useless crap no one wants
Like those GOAT modes.... just give me what I need: :)

Ford Bronco Do you REALLY want that high package Shift

Yes, that is a Easter Egg.

Last edited:

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
No.

But I don't even want mid.

I just want a cold weather package like jeep offers

As for the tinfoil hand stuff. Get over it cause you're already being watched.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to disappoint anyone, but usually the people who are the most alarmist about being monitored and tracked aren’t important enough to monitor and track.

When it comes to private companies, they only care about the data in aggregate. Knowing how many times *you* go to Whole Foods is useless data... knowing how many times *everyone* goes to Whole Foods is gold. Sure you’re being tracked, but not because they want to know anything about you.

That thing where an old hippy thinks they’re still relevant enough that the NSA will want to read their Public Radio annual donation receipt emails.

Ford Bronco Do you REALLY want that high package 1616155871536

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BUT WHAT IS SHELVES TIME?!?
It's "clear the shelves" time. i.e. I only want an AM radio and Ford makes me buy FM and satellite radio to get it. "Clear the shelves" for all the unwanted features.

Last edited:

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd be more concerned about tech such as integrated tracking for insurance purposes. And with that tech, the issue is more the people who opt-in, and could end up screwing over myself and others who opt-out, in terms of our insurance rates.

Similar situation with opt-ins for retailer "reward" accounts screwing me over. Basically I don't care much if some people want to be wired up 24/7 and their behaviors slice and diced ... until it starts negatively impacting me for not joining.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing about insurance rates... the insurance companies aren’t naïve. They’re quoting you rates based on how they expect you to drive, and that includes all the speeding and distracted driving you already do, and then some.

If an insurance agent was sitting next to you in the car they’re unlikely to be surprised or alarmed... and if they are you are such an outlier you probably do deserve to have your rates changed.

Insurance companies already know the overall accident and injury rates. The reason they have programs to opt in isnt to gather that data, it’s because when people know they’re being watched they tend to behave even better then the average... and in this case, would reduce insurance payouts.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a Bronco with a radio only ? Or where is that switch ?
Big Brother
Sure there is, an old Bronco. No way to evade capture in a modern vehicle.

On the bright side, getting a new Bronco means that whenever we "need" to find you, we will. 🧐

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I have already been abducted by aliens and a chip inserted under my skin, I am going with the LUX. I hear that the LUX package interferes with frequency waves from the mother ship.👽 🤪
Sponsored