Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I still have one with a 3.5" floppy. Retro computers are the in thing now.
Have an old IBM PC in storage with a 5.25" SSDD floppy. Should dust if off. It's probably worth a fortune.

If nothing else, maybe @cbrenthus can show me how to hook it up to my Bronco. ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have an old IBM PC in storage with a 5.25" SSDD floppy. Should dust if off. It's probably worth a fortune.

If nothing else, maybe @cbrenthus can show me how to hook it up to my Bronco. ;)
We could maybe run it through the Aux switch wiring with a SCSI cable ;D

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And someone mentioned books on CD, I think Cracker Barrel still rents them. So that is a good reason to have a mobile CD player

EDIT: I looked it up and it looks like CB no longer does this :(

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it a 51xx model? Those can go for some big bucks in working shape. I'd like to have one again someday, I remember playing Zork on one back in the day.

Sponsored

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The tech for this has been around since the late 50's....I think its about time that Ford remembered that this was sooo much easier than dealing with smart phone doohickeys and digital voice controllers.

Ford Bronco Easy CD player solution 93fdf2b9d7eb23e018a31b645f2c63b7

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's why I'm sharing this. I don't like ripping CDs because its a pain, and I sometimes like the focus of choosing a single album and listening to it from start to finish.

They also make CD players that can be installed in new vehicles and controlled through the interface and I'm considering getting one for my wife's Pacifica, might be an option for the Bronco someday. The vehicle simply sees it as a usb drive.

As for other things people may not know exist, we go through a ton of distilled water in the winter, like several gallons a week, for humidifiers and I just found out that home water distillers exist for ~$70 and got one because I hated wasting all the plastic water jugs, and it'll cost me 25% to make a gallon compared to buying a gallon ;)
Got a link to the water distiller? :D

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would you need a blank CD to rip a CD to a hard drive?
Well, you wouldn't. But then you want the hard drive in the Bronco....lol

Sponsored

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, you wouldn't. But then you want the hard drive in the Bronco....lol
I'm not sure if you are being willfully ignorant to troll and pass time, or if you are just a confused luddite. They make these little USB thumb drives that you can insert directly into the Bronco's USB port and play music from it. No need for blank CDs or large hard drives.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if you are being willfully ignorant to troll and pass time, or if you are just a confused luddite. They make these little USB thumb drives that you can insert directly into the Bronco's USB port and play music from it. No need for blank CDs or large hard drives.
Not a luddite nor willfully ignorant (pick another) but was unaware that we could play off a thumb drive! Does that show as a source when inserted?

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a luddite but was unaware that we could play off a thumb drive! Does that show as a source when inserted?
Sorry for being dickish, yes you can put a thumb drive in the USB port. The Bronco audio system will pull metadata off the thumb drive and have album covers, and can sort by album name, artist name, or songs. I am not sure what the size limitation is for the thumb drive, but I am using a 16 GB currently. Works great!

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience, the thumb drive is very slow and that's why I use old iPhones as iPods to overcome this, however I haven't tried a thumb drive since '17 so I might be outdated on this info ;)

KCW

Base
First Name
K.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 6, Kawasaki Nomad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would be nice for a road trip if you had a book on CD like you can get from the public library system. I used to like to listen to those on a log trip. This way you wouldn't have to buy the digital copy to list to.
You can possibly borrow recorded books from your local library. I use an app called Libby and you just need a library card. After all, you're paying for the library already.

For music, I ripped all the songs from my CDs and put them on a small USB for my motorcycle. Works great!
I recommend you save the songs to a PC or cloud drive, so you can easily make a duplicate later. USB driver will fail eventually.
Sponsored