Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have only ever owned one vehicle with a rear wiper. (Ford Expedition) The wiper, squirter, and defrost controls are on the panel, not the stalk. The stalk controls the front wipers.
Still though, Think they will include the controls if the vehicle was built without?
Now I have to go look at all the interior pics too. LOL
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daughter's VW has a backup camera and through the rear window wiper system, you can also spray off the camera lens covering too if it gets dirty.

Wonder if the Bronco would have that feature with the rear system?

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure the wiring is the reason the Safari bar is a constraint as well 🤦
They just waited until the 11th hour to realize it "has" to be fixed (no it doesn't, it was better looking before) and then make it a commodity constraint preventing people from getting their order build. That is the most ridiculous epic fail of the whole thing and so simple. Meanwhile every Bronco we see out there has the older safari bar on that we'll never be able to get.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have only ever owned one vehicle with a rear wiper. (Ford Expedition) The wiper, squirter, and defrost controls are on the panel, not the stalk. The stalk controls the front wipers.
My 2017 Escape has the rear wiper controls on the stalk. Pull back for windshield spray, push for rear window spray. A switch on the end controls the two speeds if you want it to run constantly.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They just waited until the 11th hour to realize it "has" to be fixed (no it doesn't, it was better looking before) and then make it a commodity constraint preventing people from getting their order build. That is the most ridiculous epic fail of the whole thing and so simple. Meanwhile every Bronco we see out there has the older safari bar on that we'll never be able to get.
It's pretty impressive how they actually managed to make it worse, isn't it.

Sponsored

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford included the hardtop connections on soft tops builds, I would gladly switch and just wait and pay my own way for a hard top later whenever they become available. And I’m sure a lot of people here would do the same.

So Ford if you’re listening and want to salvage this mess (and make a bunch of your early res holders happy) just spend the extra 60 cents per Bronco and include the connections.
If Ford included the hardtop connections on soft tops builds, I would gladly switch and just wait and pay my own way for a hard top later whenever they become available. And I’m sure a lot of people here would do the same.

So Ford if you’re listening and want to salvage this mess (and make a bunch of your early res holders happy) just spend the extra 60 cents per Bronco and include the connections.
Dear Ford, please read this.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with the mic start to finish haha... I just can't trust people enough to just have a soft top... Besides I like being able to just take the whole thing off and go completely topless haha They mic top is one of my fav features of the Bronco... 😍

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this rate I'll be able to get a MY23 with white top with my first day reservation. :cautious:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not changing a thing, it'll get here when it does. Only thing that would make me change is the already mentioned wiring and plumbing. Include that on ALL 4 door Broncos and I'll switch to soft top today, it's the top I'd rather have for most if not all of the year anyway. I think. But I've never had such a vehicle, maybe I'll hate the soft top and then it'll cost me a pretty penny to just get that wiring and plumbing done to go for a hard top? No thanks. Stupid decision to not add it to all vehicles, can't be THAT expensive. But some penny pincher in accounting was having a fit I guess.

I'd much rather have a soft top in summer instead of dealing with those panels all the time, include those things and I'll e-mail my dealer today. Otherwise I'll just wait, I'm in no rush.

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Everyone ordered their Bronco based off what they really truly wanted. To change that now to MAYBE get it slightly earlier - Is it worth it?

I would say no. I'd rather have what I 100% wanted from the start. I've purchased a lot of vehicles over the years, and I can tell you there is always something I regret not getting. My current vehicle, which I love, I had them bring it in from a few hundred km's away because it had the lighting package and that was a deal breaker for me. I still gave up the original colour I wanted (a dark grey) however I was fine with that at the time. As time went on, I started to regret not having that grey colour.

Anyways, all I'm saying is don't go nuts changing orders and possibly screwing it up (we've seen some stories from other members on this - A keying error can happen, something isn't inputted, etc.).

Just my 2 cents.
100% this. My build is exactly what I want. I’m not going to chase a build on the off chance of getting a Bronco a few months earlier.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% this. My build is exactly what I want. I’m not going to chase a build on the off chance of getting a Bronco a few months earlier.
Concur. I want what I want and will wait impatiently for it.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't really care about a rear wiper and defroster. Doesn't look like you can see out of the back window that much anyway because of the tire. I plan on installing a rearview mirror with a rear camera so I can see behind me anyway all the time. Will be able to see more that way. Wish I could see what aftermarket will have for a hard top.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to grudgingly remove the trailer tow from my build, though I don't expect it's going to help much with my BL / 2.7 / lux / MIC build.

Since all of this happened, I shopped around and found another vehicle I really like, so I've decided to let fate decide (unless I find out I'm definitely pushed to 22). I'm not ordering the competitor, but I'm keeping an eye out and if a properly configured one appears, I'll buy that and cancel the Bronco. I'd really like something new right now, but this decision has made me the most "zen" about this fiasco.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Put me in the happy to get a soft top if I got the hardtop connections club. Of course doing that will probably make those connections a constraint…
Sponsored