Sponsored

Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why is it GREY?!
Coupl'a things come to mind:

1. It might'a been a total random selection....maybe purple was the second choice
2. It doesn't match anything else on the vehicle...so it adds variety
3. In addition to being CEO, Jim Hackett owns the license to Several shades of grey
4. The guy who picks colors is the same guy who runs the 'reservation system'
Sponsored

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2 things. 1 - The 392 Wrangler is a SEMA concept that has been going to sema for YEARS this is nothing new. Itā€™s not coming to production.

2 - the Warthog Bronco will have AT MINIMUM 400hp 415lbft from the 3.0 ecoboost. Just slightly less than the 392. But way better low end torque and WAY better mpg. And way cheaper.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/34797/the-v8-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-is-coming-to-production-report Then of course we had the infamous tweets from the FCA exec showing pictures of a 392 in the Jeep and then basically said it's coming without saying its coming directly. Either way, now its definitely coming because the Bronco has changed the landscape. Its more likely now than it was before the successful Bronco launch. BTW I dont know why you think the 392 is some unicorn. It is a hell of a motor, an the reviews on the Scat Pack cars are downright glowing, but its a motor Dodge has proven it can put into no small number of not expensive cars. I can pick up a Scat Pack challenger from my local dealership for around 37K. Provided FCA has done the suspension work to support and it sounds like they have, its not some hard thing the way you have it in your head.

Last edited:

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Me walking in excited to read the forums today.
Ford Bronco Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning. A67FE79C-2ED4-4469-BF51-55D1CFF76E72

But in all seriousness. Between all the complaints and criticism, Iā€™ve read a lot of replies explaining the reasons behind Fordā€™s decisions. Which so far, ensures me Ford has made pretty solid off-roader thatā€™ll only get better as time goes on.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was it not shown during MPG tests of the V6 and V8 JGC, that in the real world the V8 did better?

The fact is when your constantly having to use boost to move your vehicle there is no more ā€œecoā€. In the real world someone turning 35s+ would get the same or better MPG with a V8 than the 6 cylinder turbo, and likely even the 4 cylinder constantly in boost.

A tiny stressed engine under constant boost of doing a job meant for a bigger engine simply will not have the same reliability as a regular sized engine doing the same work without stress.

Thereā€™s a very good reason you donā€™t see Ford putting ecoboosts in the F-250+.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn't know the hybrid would be so soon....... now i'm rethinking my life choices ?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s a very good reason you donā€™t see Ford putting ecoboosts in the F-250+.
Don't think about challenging them on that!

Just for giggles doesn't the Diesel have a Turbo ;) rhetorical question, yes, we sell them..

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like we need a seniors forum, all the post lately feel like HS when most of us are well into parenthood :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only disagree on the Sadsquatch and no Man-Squatch.

The 2.7 is out due to the torque rating on the Getrag barely designed to cover it, but it will handle 35s. You'll want the beefier IFS, though.

I don't get the people that rebut with the "Rubicon has a manual" without seeing that it only has 33s. The anti-IFS crowd must not know about the King of the Hammers.

Ford is one-upping the Jeep and what I saw in the reveal was a better future than hoverboards!

If they didn't know about the Hammers before the reveal, they do now because a lot of what you saw was the Hammers, @ 6:35 it states "THE HOSS" system and show the Bronco pounding through a wash full of ruts and rocks the size of your head, might not sound like much but it wasn't going slow it was bouncing from rock to rock and not wildy, but in a controlled fashion. This to me was quite impressive !!! I ready to test out that IFS myself.
Sponsored