Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am getting a BL 100%.
I am good with the price (2DR, SAS, 2.7, Auto, High Int).
I am however waiting for the black top from the factory.
They might not even offer it to anything but the WT and FE. Those models are already having to wait for the black top.
I have no evidence to back this up except that Ford said the reason for the delay is to make the 2021 production line faster, nothing to do with vender availability.
Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They might not even offer it to anything but the WT and FE. Those models are already having to wait for the black top.
I have no evidence to back this up except that Ford said the reason for the delay is to make the 2021 production line faster, nothing to do with vender availability.
I have no doubt it will come to the BL level.
I think it's fair for FE and WT to get it first though because that was the standard top from the jump.
WT orders will be in the shitter though because the interior sucks balls.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have no doubt it will come to the BL level.
I think it's fair for FE and WT to get it first though because that was the standard top from the jump.
WT orders will be in the shitter though because the interior sucks balls.
I think a bunch of FEs reservations will also be changed. You can get a better interior and better equipped BL for less money

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love this thread - thanks for creating it! I'm also BL + 2.7 + SAS (undecided on color, but MIC top is great for me). Posted this on another thread, but this is my drive home from Granger (IA to UT) plan:
Had positive fun yesterday planning my first trip in my new Bronco with my 70-yr old Dad (from Granger IA to home in Utah)
  • Day 1) Pick up Badlands Bronco with no hassle, do 8-hr drive to Badlands NP in my Badlands (yes I understand engine breakin and will adjust accordingly)
  • Day 2) Explore Badlands NP
  • Day 3) 8-hr drive to Ouray CO
  • Day 4) Wheel Imogene Pass and Black Bear Pass
  • Day 5) 4-hr drive to Moab, wheel Fins-n-Things
  • Day 6) Wheel Hell’s Revenge and Poison Spider
  • Day 7) 3 1/2-hr drive home
Will arrive home fully satisfied, great pics to share, and most importantly special memories with Dad.
Wow! Sounds like an amazing trip!! Please post a thread on it when you're done.

I lived in SW Colorado for several years. I've done a majority of the passes including Black Bear (in a Scrambler). Should be a very memorable trip.

Unlike many on the forum lately I am extremely excited to get my Bronco!

It's like some sort of strange club around here lately where if you aren't negative and critiquing things you don't get to be one of the cool kids. Everyone is trying to out-bitch everyone else. I've actually wondered on more than one occasion if some aren't paid shills from a competitive product's marketing team trying to steer conversations in a negative direction.

Anyway - I can't wait to get my Badlands! may have to take another trip to Badlands National Park. And like someone above said - head to Ouray and hit all the primo trails in the area again. Then off to Moab!

Reserved an FE on night one. Badlands is a better fit and what I am ordering.

Most likely:
Iconic Silver (considering black so I can do a dark green wrap and have unwrapped parts still look good)
Sasquatch
MIC top - wanted painted but still need a hard top for road trips
MGV seats - one of the reasons not to get an FE
Lux
Towing
Winch
Pod lights
Bikini top
maybe other accessories
2" lift when they become available
I am extremely excited as well and don't get all the negativity. I've been a project manager for years and understand what it's like to juggle a massive amount of moving parts and unknown issues while trying to bring a project to completion. For me it's actually been kind of fun to see things unfold and watch how Ford handles the bumps along the way. I'm actually impressed with how they are handling the moving parts of this project (or at least the parts I can see) and how they are handling all the haters who whine every day because they can't have what they want right now.

I'm 100% going badlands, and even changing my color to get one. I wanted AMB with a white top, black fenders / handles / grill. Since that's not an option, I just looked at what colors look good with the MIC top. Area 51 looks amazing with MIC top and the grey accents so I'll just go that route. Maybe in MY2023 I can get the white top and a lighter color interior.

Here's my build
4 Door
Area 51
Hard Top
Black rims
MGV seats
LUX
Towing
Storage bag for doors

Aftermarket soft top
Aftermarket mesh top

Reservation date is 7/17 so I hope I get it before the end of summer next year so I can enjoy the top & doors off for a while. I live in Colorado so I'll be hitting some trails too before the snow hits.

BWS_TX

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my build
4 Door
Area 51
Hard Top
Black rims
MGV seats
LUX
Towing
Storage bag for doors

Aftermarket soft top
Aftermarket mesh top

Reservation date is 7/17 so I hope I get it before the end of summer next year so I can enjoy the top & doors off for a while. I live in Colorado so I'll be hitting some trails too before the snow hits.
I have a very similar build but was slow to the pull the trigger on the reservation. Let me know how it looks. I also chose A51 because of how it looks with the grey components and top.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think a bunch of FEs reservations will also be changed. You can get a better interior and better equipped BL for less money
I wasn't aware the non MIC top was constructed differently than the MIC.
Seems like the non MIC will be heavier, but also has been reported to be somewhat quieter as well.
I am waiting for the factory black top for sure.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't aware the non MIC top was constructed differently than the MIC.
Seems like the non MIC will be heavier, but also has been reported to be somewhat quieter as well.
I am waiting for the factory black top for sure.
They're constructed the same but the outer layer is a different material

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... Screenshot_20201024-172427

My build
4-door - 2.7 - auto - MIC - vinyl - sasquatch - lux - Velocity Blue

Aftermarket
37's - lift - winch - hitch - bimini - NO Ford accy's

Custom fab
Tube doors - rock rails - exo-cage - spare tire carrier - winch mount - beauty rings - limb risers - rear cargo cover

Swap
Interior from a Black Diamond

Sponsored

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it really that much different? It can't be more than a total of 4 more inches in clearance that you can get for like 1500 aftermarket instead of paying 2500 for rims tires and a small lift at most right? I could be missing something though.
I’m waiting to see definitely what the difference in suspension is. If it’s the same suspension that can be lifted yourself then I’ll just go aftermarket wheels and tires.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m waiting to see definitely what the difference in suspension is. If it’s the same suspension that can be lifted yourself then I’ll just go aftermarket wheels and tires.
I dont remember where I heard it. On one of the videos for super celebration east or west. A rep was answering questions and stated that the sasquatch suspension was the same as the badlands. Other than the disco of course! The "high clearance fender flares" would imply not much lift. For a "high clearance suspension" to accommodate 35's on the sas. But not on the 33"s for the badlands. IMO the most cost effective way would be 2" coil spring spacers on IFS and 2" blocks on the leafs in the back. (Assuming stock bronco is relatively level) I have installed those on a truck myself and it costed me less than 300 for that whole setup. The only other way to do it "properly" would be like a drop mount bracket for both the upper and lower a arms. That requires alignment and welding and stuff. Also not feasable to fit 2" difference in radius of tire.

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont remember where I heard it. On one of the videos for super celebration east or west. A rep was answering questions and stated that the sasquatch suspension was the same as the badlands. Other than the disco of course! The "high clearance fender flares" would imply not much lift. For a "high clearance suspension" to accommodate 35's on the sas. But not on the 33"s for the badlands. IMO the most cost effective way would be 2" coil spring spacers on IFS and 2" blocks on the leafs in the back. (Assuming stock bronco is relatively level) I have installed those on a truck myself and it costed me less than 300 for that whole setup. The only other way to do it "properly" would be like a drop mount bracket for both the upper and lower a arms. That requires alignment and welding and stuff. Also not feasable to fit 2" difference in radius of tire.
I keep going back and forth. The 2 door with the 35s just didn’t look right compared to the Sas 4 door

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep going back and forth. The 2 door with the 35s just didn’t look right compared to the Sas 4 door
I mean im from the south so im biased to lifts and big tires regardless of length! ?‍♂
Sponsored