Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really can’t wait until I see velocity blue on a 2-door bronco. Still deciding between Area 51 and Velocity Blue. It would be great to see them next to each other before December. If not, Area 51 looks like a nice color..
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone here who is tech savvy know how hard this electronic sway bar disconnect would be to remove if it ever gave me issues down the road? I could not find any close up pictures or information on what it would take to remove the electronic part and swap in a standard sway bar if need be.

My top three reasons for wanting BL:

front and rear lockers
Beefier axle standard
33’s standard
(All this comes with 7MT while other trims have to add it so price makes sense on BL?)

cant wait to get this baby next year and see y’all on the trails

Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally ordered today, have a ZR2 diesel now so having F & R lockers will be a good transition. Now just to decide over the next 18 months what options!

Love the 2.7, maybe upgrade rims but honestly the base rims look amazing too.
Off Bronco topic, but how do you like the Colorado ZR2 with the duramax? I was considering one if the Bronco dissapointed, Which it hasn't. Loved the idea of smaller truck with diesel and the suspension set up the ZR2 has. I currently have a GMC Sierra 2500HD with duramax and allision tranny that I love
So appreciate this thread, as others are hard to read with all the complainers

Stuckin918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Off Bronco topic, but how do you like the Colorado ZR2 with the duramax? I was considering one if the Bronco dissapointed, Which it hasn't. Loved the idea of smaller truck with diesel and the suspension set up the ZR2 has. I currently have a GMC Sierra 2500HD with duramax and allision tranny that I love
So appreciate this thread, as others are hard to read with all the complainers
It’s pretty great, figured with the ZR2 my mileage would suffer but I average 26.5. No programmer or mods just stock. I’ve only taken it off road here in OK where there’s nothing too difficult compared to Colorado.
I’m surprised by how smooth it is on highway and quiet it is. Also the 6 speed avoids all issues the 8 speed suffers from.

LimitlessTruth

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Totoya Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking Black Diamond but I went with Badlands for the following reasons
1. 4.7 final drive w/o SAS (unless I'm mistaken)
2. 33" tires w/ Bilstein shocks w/o SAS
3. Higher tech package options (aiming for high or lux)
4. Sway Bar Disconnect
5. Orange trim interior
6. Marine grade vinyl

I don't really want M/T tires, I'll likely do a lift and 35" or bigger tires in the future with the aftermarket.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Final Results for the Poll. Thanks very much for completing thepoll. Very helpful to see what people are thinking in regards to Wheel / Tire set-up. You really can’t go wrong with any of these combinations. Another reason why Badlands ROCKS!!!!

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 404EF709-92E9-41A0-BE06-E0C47D67C2CB

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ONCE YOU GET YOUR BRONCO BADLANDS AND YOU HIT THE ROAD....What would you do if you see another 2021 Bronco BL on the road?

Here are a few options of what we can do:

A. BEEP YOUR HORN NON-STOP!!!!!
B. BEEP and PUMP YOUR FIST up in the air.. Point in approval!!!
C. Pull next to or over and tell the person.. That is the nicest F...ING Vehicle Ever!!
D. Stop and suggest you should take pictures of each others vehicles together!!
E. ALL OF THE ABOVE..lol

I know this is extremely cheese ball, I personally would be excited to see you guys on the road!!
Since there will be so few of us out there in year one, we will be a special group. One of the reason why I am so excited to be the first group.

Might have to start a poll If people are interested...

Badlands Forever!!

Last edited:

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1. MGV. wanted leather but like this option better.
2. Most of squach. I like it has most of the Sasquatchpackage but the wheels and tires. I plan on going after market for those anyway.
3. Access to high package. I want that big a$$screen lol.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once I hit $45K on my BD build, I decided a vehicle that expensive was a no compromise purchase. For me, that includes the 12” screen. As much as I like the bead lock capable look, those standard 33” wheels and AT tires are an absolutely perfect balance of daily driver with off road chops.

vinyl washout Interior mostly eliminated other models

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if these have been posted before, but new to me.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 3CEE2054-56E4-4DAC-B202-D401E2521B5E
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 1E503F0C-5F19-43B5-B5C1-4B4994F77D81
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... C53A9086-BF42-4F23-B9B9-2C58054DF0B7

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if these have been posted before, but new to me.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... C53A9086-BF42-4F23-B9B9-2C58054DF0B7
No. First time seeing these as well. Looks great. Some how they do not look small even though they are not 35”. Very interesting.

Keep going back and forth with 35” vs. 33” I feel like getting 33” for me, is like walking away from a fight that you know you can win.. lol.. WTF to do.. Good problem to have..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 LT Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still debating the BD or Badlands. My monthly pmt between the two is a $100 difference ($6000 overall cost difference) I do off-road alot and the bronco will be the new family off-road vehicle. It will also be the second vehicle in the convoy to my built tacoma.

The only reason for the badlands for me is the swaybar disconnect. The front locker I can do without since it is ifs. A front winch is more beneficial than a front locker IMO.

I thought about getting the BD and just removing the swaybar on day one. I haven't had a swaybar on my tacoma in 10 years.

I also would just have 33's, but I like the basic wheels of the BD.

Still need to weigh If I want to pay the extra $100 a month for the badlands...

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has already stated that there is only 10mm (.4") less of travel/articulation with 35s so pretty insignificant.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to see the dealer with my build sheet. I did not have to put anything down. He told me that all the way up to 2 weeks before my build actually starts I can change anything about my build. Add or takeaway options etc. The sales manager also gave me a free Water bottle (from Ford's website) with the bronco name and logo on it. They also said no upcharges etc.

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these beadlock capable wheels or look a likes? On the B&P page it just says "17" Black High Gloss Painted Aluminum Wheels". No mention of beadlocks? I know they look the same but when you add the ones that say beadlocks it makes you upgrade to to the mud-terrain tires for $2,495.
Did you ever get an answer on this? I am very curious.
Sponsored