Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
To help pass the time, I have been looking at the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I look at mine every day! A lot of days I think I should probably just keep it a couple more years and escape the madness (especially since I really really prefer a soft top)

THINKING OF GETTING THE BRONCO.. HAS BEEN THE BEST DISTRACTION FROM CORONA!!
Never thought about it like that but it sure is!
Sponsored

brewdad

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco-Badlands vs. Jeep-Rubicon (Pros / Cons)

First, I would like to state that I plan to get a Badlands and I am NOT a jeep hater. I honestly love the competition.

For those of you how might own Jeeps already and plan to / or not buy a Bronco.. Why or why not?
What are some pros and cons to getting a Bronco vs. a Jeep?
I really hope that Jeep and Bronco owners becomes a friendly rivalry.. At the end of the day.. we all want a fun, open air and capable vehicle!
IMO: I do not see other vehicles being in the same class. If the doors, windows do not come off.. I do not care for it.

What is your thoughts on this? Thanks and Happy New Year!!
I have owned two Jeep Wrangler's in the past, but plan to order a Badlands. Almost no Wrangler owners lower their windshields, but Jeep bosses insisted on keeping this feature in the latest generation. Every new Wrangler I test drove had terrible wind noise/leaks at highway speeds because of these windshields. Wrangler has no power seat option, water pours on the dash and drivers leg when opening door during a rain and there is no 35" tire option from manufacturer.

brewdad

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost forgot, Wrangler has no full canopy airbags, one of the last production vehicles to not have this safety feature; also, a similar equipped Wrangler Rubicon is about $4,700.00 more than my Badlands build.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JULY 31st.. Looks like 2022 club for me...

It is very nice to hear how so many of you are very positive and making the best of the situation. I hope they keep Velocity Blue for the 22 model. I do not think there will be a Big price increase for many reasons.

Personally, I think why I am sad / disappointed and a little angry with how Ford has handled this. See points:

1. Once they knew how many people ordered the Bronco in the first 3 DAYS(Over 150,000), they should have stated then the the likely hoop of any one after the 15th of July would get a 2022 model.
2. Even if the delay did not happen (6-8 weeks at most) there was NO WAY IN HELL they would have been able to produce $100,000. The suggested September 18th cut-off was completely misleading!!!!
3. Still, I am very excited about getting Bronco and its has been great being apart to the BRONCO G6 community.

THINKING OF GETTING THE BRONCO.. HAS BEEN THE BEST DISTRACTION FROM CORONA!!
Come on man, you know good and well that you don't want a Wrangler. Once you've dropped that $50K bomb, then you've got to go right out and drop another grand in aftermarket gear. That Goose set up you mention is about $800+.

If you really wanted that Wrangler, you'd have pulled the trigger by now. You want a Bronco. I've posted with you for over 6 months here, so I know you don't want that Jeep!

Does this suck? Hell yes it does.
Did Ford shit the bed? You bet they did and need Depends
Did COVID make the entire thing even worse? Sure

But we're looking into the light brother and we're almost there. Heck, it's almost a dang crucible (praise all the Marines out there), so you never know when you may get that call later this year to come pick up your Bronco. You want that call, you need it; I know you do.

Riding topless and doorless with that shit eatin grin and knowing that you made no compromises; what's that worth to ya?

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since switching from Black Diamond to Badlands fairly early in the process (once it became apparent the only way to get the 210 front axle and pair of lockers on BD was Squatch, then BD was out), there hasn't really been a single thing along the way that has upset me or a prospective build. Sure there are some delays but if you take a wholistic approach to the Bronco timeline, the only thing that really matters to the owner is when you need it by and if it's available by then. Delaying B&P, or errors with B&P, or delays with submitting your order aren't all that important overall. Broncos will still get built and Ford is perhaps one quarter behind schedule for production. Considering 2020, that's not bad at all!

Seeing Cactus Gray change from an incredible heritage color to week-old Condom Goo was as heartbreaking for me as it must be for those of you with teenage daughters dating a d-bag.

However, turn that frown upside down! No, i'm not talking PP, i'm talking about not having to wait for a white top, duh!

Except that for me the exterior color change from Condom Goo to Race Red has simply shifted the top color from white to painted shadow black. I think it's going to be an excellent combination and keep the textures/gloss consistent which will be a real looker.

Hey Rick, so are thinking order the shadow black top, or get the Bronco sooner abc the shiny black top later?
That modular top will be best in shadow imo.
Placing my order tomorrow and still unsure on the color ?

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Rick, so are thinking order the shadow black top, or get the Bronco sooner abc the shiny black top later?
That modular top will be best in shadow imo.
Placing my order tomorrow and still unsure on the color ?
In doing a bit of the ol' mathematics, i've got an outside chance of securing a MY21 Bronco at the dealer of choice if I stick with MIC top. So that's what i've done. Come April(ish?) when Ford gives us our approximate build dates, and the dealerships confirm who is getting their allocations, if i'm not one of the lucky XX folks who get that dealership's allocation (as is most likely), then i'll be adding the shadow black roof to force a MY22 build and guarantee that a VIN isn't created between April and the start of MY22 production in December, it also lets me re-assess exterior color choice based on whatever new green comes to market.

All that being said, Ford has released NOTHING to make me think that magically all the roof options are going to be in-stock and ready for VIN creation of MY22 builds on the day that MY22 starts. Just because they are pushed back to MY22 is no guarantee that they still won't be late MY22 availability...... So take that with a grain of salt. Yea, we all WANT every single one of the "six deadly sins" to be available the day MY22 starts..... But is that going to be the case? I doubt it personally but haven't seen anybody else utter those words yet...

Whatever the case, I won't be adding the painted roof top after the fact. I can spend close to two grand in better ways than having TWO hard top roofs lying around :)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope mine comes with a "Badlands 2022" sticker on the side. (y)

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Build is in my Signature.

Being a new member, I was kinda blown away by all the negativity. I then had a larger and very lame dealership buy the dealership where I made my reservation. I almost bailed. Chapman of Horsham saved me and this thread is a breath of fresh air.
I haven't had a serious 4x4 in years. Ex Vehicle was a 2003 Rubicon on 37" Tires with Off Road Only's AirRock System and loads of other goodies. Second version of it was setup for Class II RC Rocs Rock Crawling competitions so I used to be one of those hard core crawlers. I sold it due to medical reasons and a couple years down the line, started to seriously regret it. Feeling much healthier now and can't wait to get my Bronco.
Badlands was the only choice.
It won't be as flexible up front, but that should keep me limited to some more "Normal" wheeling levels. :ROFLMAO: At least, that is the theory going in.

Token Build Pic for your drooling pleasure.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 1612534211896

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Build is in my Signature.

Being a new member, I was kinda blown away by all the negativity. I then had a larger and very lame dealership buy the dealership where I made my reservation. I almost bailed. Chapman of Horsham saved me and this thread is a breath of fresh air.
I haven't had a serious 4x4 in years. Ex Vehicle was a 2003 Rubicon on 37" Tires with Off Road Only's AirRock System and loads of other goodies. Second version of it was setup for Class II RC Rocs Rock Crawling competitions so I used to be one of those hard core crawlers. I sold it due to medical reasons and a couple years down the line, started to seriously regret it. Feeling much healthier now and can't wait to get my Bronco.
Badlands was the only choice.
It won't be as flexible up front, but that should keep me limited to some more "Normal" wheeling levels. :ROFLMAO: At least, that is the theory going in.

Token Build Pic for your drooling pleasure.
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 1612534211896
Welcome and very nice build! I agree. There is a difference from not being happy about something that FORD is doing, to being just a negative person. Badlands Forever!!

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In doing a bit of the ol' mathematics, i've got an outside chance of securing a MY21 Bronco at the dealer of choice if I stick with MIC top. So that's what i've done. Come April(ish?) when Ford gives us our approximate build dates, and the dealerships confirm who is getting their allocations, if i'm not one of the lucky XX folks who get that dealership's allocation (as is most likely), then i'll be adding the shadow black roof to force a MY22 build and guarantee that a VIN isn't created between April and the start of MY22 production in December, it also lets me re-assess exterior color choice based on whatever new green comes to market.

All that being said, Ford has released NOTHING to make me think that magically all the roof options are going to be in-stock and ready for VIN creation of MY22 builds on the day that MY22 starts. Just because they are pushed back to MY22 is no guarantee that they still won't be late MY22 availability...... So take that with a grain of salt. Yea, we all WANT every single one of the "six deadly sins" to be available the day MY22 starts..... But is that going to be the case? I doubt it personally but haven't seen anybody else utter those words yet...

Whatever the case, I won't be adding the painted roof top after the fact. I can spend close to two grand in better ways than having TWO hard top roofs lying around :)
Another question about your build, Rick,
which wheels & tires and why, if you don’t mind?
I’m leaning towards upgrade Hi-Gloss on my Iconic Silver 2-Door, but not the Territories, for now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Another question about your build, Rick,
which wheels & tires and why, if you don’t mind?
I’m leaning towards upgrade Hi-Gloss on my Iconic Silver 2-Door, but not the Territories, for now.
Just the basic badlands 33" . If I'm going to do serious wheeling it will require better tires anyway, and I'm thr type the have separate wheel sets for their purpose.

If I ever go 35" it would be on some steelies so I can field repair them if a lip lost the bead.

For $2,000 I just don't see the value of the badlands tire/wheel upgrade, and for $3,000 it's the sasquatch wheels (badlands, MT = 4.7 gearing and everything squatch except a changed bump stop)

For less than $2K I can get a much better set of dedicated off road wheels and tires..... When I need them.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Badlands 4DR 2.7 V6 10 SPD Auto in MGV w/ Sasquatch and Lux Package in Velocity Blue.
First time ordering a brand new vehicle.
Fiance and I are stoked for camping/overlanding trips with our dog and friends.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered my Badlands this week. I got the 2D, 2.7, and high package, in AMB. I'll never use anywhere near the capabilities, but the way Ford set up the trim levels, Badlands is the only way to get MGV and high package on the same vehicle. Those were my two must have items. Better to have the ability and never use it I guess.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on everybody that placed an order. Super cool stuff. Badlands forever. Got to be honest with all of you, I think I’m leaning towards the auto 2.7 due to the king of the hill videos. Those options are amazing. If you haven’t seen them, I strongly encourage you to do so. Badlands is definitely the trim to get.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put my order in this week, Badlands Area 51, 4 door, 2.7 Auto, Non Sas, Optional Wheels with KO2s, Lux package and don't laugh but I opted for Leather and Power Seats, I'll be 66 by the time I get it and I'll never be in mud so I figured it's easier to vacuum out the sand from our desert trips then hosing it out LOL, Happy Trails All 😀
Sponsored

Last edited: