Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meh.... I'm fine just cutting and splicing everything in. But factory connection options are always my first go-to ✌
I wish they would stick to a handful of common (Molex, TE, Aptiv, Yazaki, Lear etc) connection systems that have commercially available components. I totally get the need for specific (signal, high current, low current, sealed, unsealed, plating) use but the smaller these things are getting the more we are seeing with problems and lack of Ford or commercially available repair components. I heard the term mega harness for the first time and don't think I'm going to be a big fan. Great for assembly at the factory but sounds like it's not going to be much fun to diag or service.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm working with a guy to get the pigtails put into the system. These are WDP which means not available on the consumer end, at least not this part number. The bumper harness is fairly cheap by Ford standards. WPT-1548 is available for the fog itself but then you either have to splice the ground into the existing harness and run a + to C424 with the correct TE .64 terminal or just jump around and pick up the white/blue on the body side. It's a little one...
rearfogterm.jpg
We're making them. It'll be a pigtail that you plug into the Ford plug and on the other end is either a 2-pin WP, 2-pin DT or 4-pin DT connector for the light.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're making them. It'll be a pigtail that you plug into the Ford plug and on the other end is either a 2-pin WP, 2-pin DT or 4-pin DT connector for the light.
This is for the factory rear fog light mounted in the bumper, correct?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I was talking about the rear one Ford isn't offering on the build but has parts available to do after the fact. Supposed to be for UAE or other export countries that require a rear fog.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, I was talking about the rear one Ford isn't offering on the build but has parts available to do after the fact. Supposed to be for UAE or other export countries that require a rear fog.
Ahh... I think we need 2 different topics, lol. One for front fogs, one for rear "fogs" (as they call them overseas).

I'm not familiar with the rear at all... where do I look, what do we need? We can build anything.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ahh... I think we need 2 different topics, lol. One for front fogs, one for rear "fogs" (as they call them overseas).

I'm not familiar with the rear at all... where do I look, what do we need? We can build anything.
Well for starters I like tall brunettes and short blondes

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally! Now I just need to order a fog kit…

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 0F8B7122-7855-488C-A33B-EBD4C3B5314D
I know a guy... :)

Mine just shipped yesterday also. Ordered mine from Sam Galloway Ford (oemfordpartsfast.com)

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey now! Look what arrived.

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1649892353988

We're a bit late to the party. I mean, it's not like we sell lights for a living and this mod is RIGHT UP OUR ALLEY... right :)

Our pigtails come Friday for us to test out. If everything goes smoothly we'll start offering them to customers whom buy a fog kit from us at no charge (and when we figure out our actual costs, we'll make them available on our site).

For now, we'll make them in-house while our supplier can mass-produce them for us (which will save customers $$)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay so we got some connectors in, BINGO! Fits and works perfect! We'll be starting production on these soon. We'll have them in about a month or so.

They will be 20" long, which is long enough to reach the outer most pair of fogs.

They will be available with 2-Pin WP (Baja Designs), 2-Pin DT (Diode Dynamics SS3/SS6, Rigid D-Series, KC HiLites) & 4-Pin DT (Diode Dynamics SSC1/SSC2/SSC3 w/Back Light).

The 4-pin DT w/Back Light will have a 3rd wire coming off that you'll need to extend yourself up to your fuse panel and/or upfitter to control the back-lighting.

Some sample photos (we ran out of red wire, so had to use black).

Final product will be 20" long as I said and have our braided nylon wire cover over it. Pricing is yet to be determined. Figure around $20 for the pair or in that general area.

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1650049640680

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1650049648753

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 1650049655948

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so we got some connectors in, BINGO! Fits and works perfect! We'll be starting production on these soon. We'll have them in about a month or so.

They will be 20" long, which is long enough to reach the outer most pair of fogs.

They will be available with 2-Pin WP (Baja Designs), 2-Pin DT (Diode Dynamics SS3/SS6, Rigid D-Series, KC HiLites) & 4-Pin DT (Diode Dynamics SSC1/SSC2/SSC3 w/Back Light).

The 4-pin DT w/Back Light will have a 3rd wire coming off that you'll need to extend yourself up to your fuse panel and/or upfitter to control the back-lighting.

Some sample photos (we ran out of red wire, so had to use black).

Final product will be 20" long as I said and have our braided nylon wire cover over it. Pricing is yet to be determined. Figure around $20 for the pair or in that general area.

Will we need to change the factory connector to mate with yours?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will we need to change the factory connector to mate with yours?
No. If your HD Modular Bumper equipped truck has the factory pigtail then it'll plug right in. One way to check is just remove the 4 plastic rivet things that hold the plastic shroud around your tow point and look for the wire/pigtail . It's under that and it's attached behind it on the bottom. If you have that on each side, you'll be good to go with our harness.

If your truck DOES NOT have that, then im not sure what to tell ya. There have been reports where SOME trucks may not have the factory pig tails just left there.

Of course you also need to do FORSCAN programming and get the fog switch but that can be done easily with the data on this post.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. If your HD Modular Bumper equipped truck has the factory pigtail then it'll plug right in. One way to check is just remove the 4 plastic rivet things that hold the plastic shroud around your tow point and look for the wire/pigtail . It's under that and it's attached behind it on the bottom. If you have that on each side, you'll be good to go with our harness.

If your truck DOES NOT have that, then im not sure what to tell ya. There have been reports where SOME trucks may not have the factory pig tails just left there.

Of course you also need to do FORSCAN programming and get the fog switch but that can be done easily with the data on this post.
It just looks different than your picture. Or does it have a water proof cover that need to be removed? I haven't pulled it completely out since I don't have the lights.

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_20220415_150230
Sponsored

Last edited: