Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had both soft and hard tops on my Jeeps, and agreed flipping the soft top down is very convenient. Sounds like you made a good choice based on your typical weather and usage.

For various reasons including living farther north, I've always liked having both and was planning to get with oem hardtop, and then buy a lower cost aftermarket soft top later. The people planning to later buy a hardtop will be in for a rude awakening on the cost.
Yes this was a concern for me and one of my initial reasons for wanting to get a hard top in the beginning. Looks & it is so much easier to buy a soft top aftermarket than a hard top.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was tempted to switch to a soft top but I'll be keeping this truck a long time. The softy certainly has a cool factor but I'm concerned how the top, specifically the plastic windows, will hold up after 2-3yrs.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was 100+ on my dealer list. Went soft top. Have most the other deadly sins except for SAS and PPF. Got build date in the next round of scheduling.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happy for you guys getting your Bronco and happy with the soft top. For some reason, I am hard headed. It was 2 door or bust. Even my wife supports that. I don't know why. To me, a Bronco is a 2 door.

Finally picked her up yesterday.
Ford Bronco Finally Caved For Soft Top - Who Else? IMG_6199.JPG

Also, I use to use this gif a lot here. Every time we heard a bad news from Ford. I haven't used it in a while. Must be a good sign. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Ford Bronco Finally Caved For Soft Top - Who Else? tenor

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched to soft top but it was only because when I initially placed my order I falsely assumed the center MIC piece could fit in the vehicle without folding seats 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So after having the same nice long wait that many of you have had, I finally caved in and changed my order to a soft top. Ford gave me time to think, and that I did.

I figured if I was going to change to a soft top I might as well take care of anything else that I was on the fence about. That lead me down a rabbit hole and now I've done a complete 180 on my build. Went from a heavily constrained Wildtrak hardtop down to a pretty plain Jane mansquatch Big Bend. Best part of the decision was while on the phone with my dealer I was told my new build combined w/ my early timestamp should get the truck to me much much sooner. I know the implications of "my dealer said", but it's still nice to hear it from them.

Anybody else make the convert to a soft top, if so was it worth it? If anyone made the change and pulled constraints, did you receive a build date quick afterwards?

Not looking for a crystal ball with my build date, just looking to see what other's experiences have been.
I did as well. Went from BD hardtop to BaseSquatch soft and getting built 1/17.

My decision was two-fold. First the shit quality of the MIC. Second - my "two car" garage will barely fit just the Bronco so I would have had no where to store the shell when I did remove it.

The soft top to me just fits the bronco. It's not about being quiet and warm. It's about top down sun and fun.

Last edited:

khudgi

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 CC / 2023 F350 CC LAR 4x4 PS 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had both soft and hard tops on my Jeeps, and agreed flipping the soft top down is very convenient. Sounds like you made a good choice based on your typical weather and usage.

For various reasons including living farther north, I've always liked having both and was planning to get with oem hardtop, and then buy a lower cost aftermarket soft top later. The people planning to later buy a hardtop will be in for a rude awakening on the cost.
I was hoping Ford will give those of us that switched due to their issues with the top will give us a decent price on the MIC in the future. I was a duel top order as well before making the switch.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need the roof rack, and that only leaves one option, the MIC top.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I need the roof rack, and that only leaves one option, the MIC top.
So far. There is atleast one company working on a soft top roof rack.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was hoping Ford will give those of us that switched due to their issues with the top will give us a decent price on the MIC in the future. I was a duel top order as well before making the switch.
I would like the duel top also in Michigan you need the hard top in the winter and the soft top in the summer.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If by fair you mean $4,000 to $5,000 then yes I'm sure they will, in 2023 or 24.

OP
OP
Evergreen

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am not a super early reservation holder, I placed my order last spring.. However I did initially plan to order a MOD top. When news came out that was pushed to 2023 I put in for a MIC top.. then over the summer I flip flopped back and fourth and eventually decided on soft top. I am a petite woman and I realized that if I went MIC I would rarely take the top off, at least the 2nd row, because It would just be too cumbersome to be high on my to do list, lol. A soft top is SOOO much easier for me and I forsee the top off all the time. This joined with the availability of the soft top really became a no-brainer for me. I live in NC so the weather is mild enough that I don't forsee a need for a hard top (IE long winters, lots of snow, etc) and we own our house with a garage (car won't be parked on the street or in public parking overnight, etc)... so given all factors of my situation a soft top really makes the most sense.
That's really good to hear since most of my driving will be in SC/NC. We don't exactly get winter weather in coastal SC, so my only exposure will be taking the truck up to western NC during the winter. Should be totally fine with the limited exposure to snow.

I switched to the soft top after driving a demo. It would definitely be nice to have the hard top for the snow.. but plenty of PA people run soft top jeeps year-round and I work from home most of the time now anyways.

I also had the 2.3 engine and after driving a 2.3 demo swapped that for the 2.7 (which I have not driven yet).

I got picked up in October and scheduled for 12/20 and then over this past weekend was pushed to 1/3.

I originally wanted dual tops, so this was a worthwhile swap for me. On the other hand - my heart is set on the heated steering wheel, so I wouldn't drop Lux.

I think if you will be happy with it, make the swap. But if you'll be sad when you see your original build on the road, hold out as long as you can.
You can swap a top - can't swap a trim level.

I think what really steered me towards this trim level oddly enough was wanting a manual, and not wanting a black interior. After about an hour in B&P that pointed me to this build. The only, and I mean only, regret I have is no heated seats lol. The more I thought about it the more I came to the conclusion that 99% of the joy would come from just having the truck and being able to use it.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea switched to soft-top for 22 and got a build of 1/31/22 but still will upgrade to Mod Top or aftermarket hard when available.