Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rubicon trail is for Wranglers. Sorry , no solid front differential. Our lovely Bronco is for all everyday use, not for extreme abuse off road.
Lol..
I guess these modified jeeps that couldnt make it in the same spot must've used open differential.vs the "solid front differential" you mentioned? Go to 29:00 in the video, you see a modified jeep not able to get up the same spot and was winched up. In another video someone here attached, that group of jeeps did make it...
Shows there are a lot more factors that determine your success at a given obstacle than a vehicle.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been up to hell hole reservoir but not on the trail. How good is it?
I only have been partway down it, my friend’s Frontier wasn’t near up to the task. Like the whole area, it’s just a great spot to be in.

zer0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A stock Rubicon never makes that climb. Period.
Wrong! Period!

Rubicon trail is for Wranglers. Sorry , no solid front differential. Our lovely Bronco is for all everyday use, not for extreme abuse off road.
There have literally been thousands of IFS rigs drive through the Rubicon.
And there will be Bronco's all over it in the coming years

zer0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol..
I guess these modified jeeps that couldnt make it in the same spot must've used open differential.vs the "solid front differential" you mentioned? Go to 29:00 in the video, you see a modified jeep not able to get up the same spot and was winched up. In another video someone here attached, that group of jeeps did make it...
Shows there are a lot more factors that determine your success at a given obstacle than a vehicle.
Another example of some pretty ordinary driving/spotting.
There's really no reason to pull a cable there, they just needed to back off and try a few different lines, or simply give it a bump.

But it does show how easy it is to get each tire perfectly placed with a slippery rock ledge just in front of it :)

Maximus

Wildtrak
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Delorean
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First thing I thought after watching the vehicle fail in the video twice. Not an easy spot, to be sure. I wonder how experienced they are, and if that was a major consideration. But maybe they want to see what less-experienced trail drivers can do with the vehicle. For any tricky trail, you need a good driver and spotter as well as trail smarts like airing down and the proper equipment. Lots of variables.

These videos are not what the PR folks would want to be leaked that's for damn sure, "oh boy, that is some body damage".

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm mostly just happy to see them testing the Bronco on challenging terrain, as they should.

I see what looks like the best stock IFS articulation I've ever seen, and all four wheels spinning. Both good things. That's the "Bronco" part. Tire pressures, tires, drivers, etc are all things that can be changed to suit.

Jim@WILDHORSES

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1966-2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any rig that travels the Con and comes out the other side under it's own power has accomplished something. You can go around many harder obstacles but you can't help but do some serious rock crawling even if you just go over the "easy" stuff. I've been through the trail many times and I'm always impressed by it's level of difficulty.

As for the drivers I have no idea if they know how to wheel or not. I think it's much cooler if they are pencil pushers but again I don't know. Maybe Ford told them not to air down much who really knows?

But can we shed a tear for the beautiful hunks of pre-production aluminum and steel. These poor rigs are destined for the crusher once they have accomplished their mission.:cry:

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really enjoy watching the rock-crawling videos, watched a lot of them when I had my Jeep.

I doubt I will ever do anything that challenging in my new Bronco, maybe later in a heavily modified used Jeep, or even Bronco after I've had it awhile.

I mainly want to go somewhere with mud, lose gravel and sand. Maybe some light rock crawling.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't look like they aired down @ all to me. My favorite was "those rocks are slippery".
They are??
Yup. Wind blown dust can be like a bajillion tiny ball bearings, especially on a smooth rock common for that area (lived right next door to it for years).

Another thing that can be slippery AF... sand dunes! Those dunes in Iraq looked soft in all the pictures and videos (of not Iraq), but I was following a command wire on a dune that was packed hard with a freshly dusted layer of fine sand on top and slid down standing on my combat boots. I immediately thanked the flying spaghetti monster there wasn’t a secondary and the dune was only 20-30 feet to the washout.

Theory #2: Maybe the official Ford Bronco stamped ARB on board air accessory isn't available yet... ;)

Sponsored

marcrowd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m not too familiar with all the obstacles on this trail. Is that true? To me it looked like this Bronco could have made it with a little more grip on the stone and aired down tires. I was happy with the articulation we saw in the video. I’m excited for the rig!!
Me too. I definitely thought it was a driver issue more than anything. That being said, a stock Rubicon doesn’t get over that. It’s not a solid axle Vs IFS problem.

marcrowd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wrong! Period!

There have literally been thousands of IFS rigs drive through the Rubicon.
And there will be Bronco's all over it in the coming years
Going through the Rubicon isn’t the issue. There are ways around Gatekeeper. That doesn’t change the fact that a stock Robicon doesn’t make it over that hill.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol..
Wow. Lifted jeep on what looks like 37’s couldn’t make it on the same obstacle. Nice find for the naysayers. 29:00 on the video!!

Chanman3123

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting a 2 door BD. Till this thread it had never occurred to me to leave the front section of the hard top on while having the back two sections off.

I could see this being my primary set up majority of the time (until it gets cold). Hard top protects all the electronics and equipment in the cockpit while the open air rear only exposes the two rear seats. Leave the drain plugs out and it's nice middle ground between top/no top. Hard top would seemingly give more protection than a bimini or canvas top, of course that's an assumption since we've not seen those tops yet.
This is how i would go about daily too. Looks so Good.

zer0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going through the Rubicon isn’t the issue. There are ways around Gatekeeper. That doesn’t change the fact that a stock Robicon doesn’t make it over that hill.
What? I've personally spotted more than one stock rubicon up that exact hill.

And I'll also bet money that the stock Bronco Badlands could also make it.
Sponsored