First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that these tires had a load C rating. Could that be why they didn't air down as much? Letting too much air out of the tires could lead to the bead rolling off the non-beadlocked rims or a sidewall getting torn on the rocks.
Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should check out Hell Hole while they’re in the area. It’s got nothing on the Rubicon, but it’s a cool little trail.
I’ve been up to hell hole reservoir but not on the trail. How good is it?

Miki

Wildtrak
First Name
MIGUEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
as we have seen with other testers and pre-prod broncos out there, parts have been mix matched. interiors have also not been finalized. so we don't know what we are getting just yet. so they could have just thrown in any seats they wanted to have the seats in there. they aren't spec'd out trucks, they are more of a parts bin right now as they test.
We all like Bronco, but we should understand that no solid front differential means no full off road vehicle, but good spressway rocket, with turbo and looks. Our Bronco is no Wrangler, not even on the tires, our Bronco is a fast Bronco to go to the office, supermarket, Friday night and camping. Not Rubicon trail material.

Miki

Wildtrak
First Name
MIGUEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How quickly everyone's tune changes. On monday after the first pics of Bronco's on the Rubicon trail, everyone's talking trash; "The Broncos ae going to show the Wranglers how its done!"
Then today after 2 videos of the Bronco failing to make it up a couple rocks; "Those guys are pencil pushers, they don't know how to drive!", "They should have aired down the tires!"
Is not the drivers and team fault. Our lovely Bronco is not designed to conquer the Rubicon trail, but is designed to do everything else better than the Wrangler, including looks, turbo, sand and snow cruising and spressway driving. And supermarket chores.

Sponsored

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I watched him trying to go over those rocks, and failing. Did they aired down those tires? They looked way too round.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pardon my ignorance - but why would a 4dr be better in dunes? Isn't more weight inherently bad?
Longer wheelbase - you can only take so much kidney pounding. 4-door is only a couple of bundles of junk-in-the-trunk heavier.
Tow ratings are all in the wheelbase length - the sway gets uncontrollable with short wheelbase.
In the tight rocks it is all about short wheelbase, but over 15 mph it has to stretch.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We all like Bronco, but we should understand that no solid front differential means no full off road vehicle, but good spressway rocket, with turbo and looks. Our Bronco is no Wrangler, not even on the tires, our Bronco is a fast Bronco to go to the office, supermarket, Friday night and camping. Not Rubicon trail material.
"Not Rubicon trail material" three Bronco's just completed the Rubicon, did that slip by you? Maybe, since you completed your expert analysis from a 1 minute video, did you also fail to notice the tires were not aired down?

GET A GRIP, Rock Crawling is maybe 5% of off-roading. Further, Rock Crawling will be less then 5% of the time for most people, I'll gladly take the other 95% in better capability, comfort and style.

And 99% of people are not going to take their new $40K, $50K, $60K to the Rubicon and thrash it before the payments are up.

I used to live in SoCal, there are a 100 places you can go there an have a blast and have more challenges then skills allow for, and I'm not talking about the 405 or 91, here is one for you to try, "Big Tree Trail to Cucamonga Peak"
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/big-tree-trail-to-cucamonga-peak

For the rest of us in fly-over country, there is way more to see out there that is not rock crawling. (and of course we welcome the California companies landing here in Texas, Toyota and now Tesla.)

Last edited:

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it's awesome they made it through, whether or not they aired down, chose the best lines, or sacrificed a fatted calf to the offroad gods beforehand. What they did in those Broncos is more than I'll ever do with mine, but it's nice to know what it's capable of.

I think people just need to be real with themselves and how they're approaching these questions of capability. If you're gonna jump to negative assessments and spread those assessments by pointing out this and that, you should know what you're talking about first-hand and not just tossing around stuff you heard on the internet. For example, I do beach driving in my jeep, not rock crawling, and I won't pretend otherwise. So I'm in no position to criticize how these Broncos performed on the Rubicon because I've never done anything near that difficulty level myself. My thinking from viewing lots of comments and threads on this site: Most people around here are not Rubicon Trail-level offroaders, but lots of people like to pretend they are or will be.

Just a whole lot of people out there posturing, so be careful whose comments you decide to give credit.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

completely disagree. it's like saying the raptor is street truck that would be better handling pot holes than dirt. maybe you should stick to older vehicles cause nothing in the 21st century will please you. i'm going to say it based on your 3 posts all in this thread. "jeep troll". thanks bye.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How quickly everyone's tune changes. On monday after the first pics of Bronco's on the Rubicon trail, everyone's talking trash; "The Broncos ae going to show the Wranglers how its done!"
Then today after 2 videos of the Bronco failing to make it up a couple rocks; "Those guys are pencil pushers, they don't know how to drive!", "They should have aired down the tires!"
Didn't look like they aired down @ all to me. My favorite was "those rocks are slippery".
They are??