Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an easy answer. ALL THE TIME LOST WAITING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN SPENT WITH MY BRONCO!
Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1. It is badly over sprung for normal driving. The spring rates are fine for blasting through the dessert But they need to do something to soften first few inches of travel.

2. They needed to offer a real all terrain with the Sasquatch package. Maybe the BFGā€™s that they put on the badlands. The goodyears are crap mud tires and too noisy for an AT.

3. Memory seats! i forgot just how useful they are.

Last edited:

el_june

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this thing, but if I have to complain about one thing, itā€™s MPGā€™sā€¦

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m sure it has been said several times in the previous pages butā€¦ā€¦

cheap plastic interior
Horrible sound system and
Very low quality on the hard top.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interior storage is my only complaint. 4dr owner here just used to a lot more storage for stuff in my other vehicles.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
Right now my biggest complaint is that they really did not have a lot of foresight when they configured the front end. There are so many obstacles to putting a winch on that it is ridiculous. Block the camera, block the intercooler, kill the approach angle... all to simply install an accessory that anyone who intends on offroading will absolutely want to add.

Other than that, I'm 100% in love with my Bronco. My favorite purchase I've ever made.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No big complaints. The door plastic looks like it will be easy to scratch...was the same on my Tacoma. Wind noise from the hard top at highway speeds...not bad but could be better. Interior storage spots are limited but it is a 2 door.

So minor items. I figure the one I got is a solid one. No window rattles, no leaking top, the top panels are match in color, solid engine performance, smooth driving, everything works. I'm genuinely looking forward to long term ownership. It is a daily driver and I'm intending to rack the miles up.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interior lighting is pretty bad. Thatā€™s my only complaint. Oh, and people offering to buy her when Iā€™m pumping gas.

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco is a '21 Outer Banks 2 door with 2.3L. I have several complaints:

1. The brakes are the worst that I've ever experienced in a brand new vehicle. Mushy and not smooth.

2. Audio system is inexcusably awful.

3. The gas shock on the swing gate fights you every time you want to open it.

4. Rear seats - the process for folding them is awkward and difficult. Plus, they don't create a flat load floor.
The rear seatbelt buckles are positioned in such a way that you can sit on them and hurt yourself when climbing into the back and getting positioned.
Rear seat access is also tighter than it was in my '06 Rubicon.

5. The instrument cluster. I find the overall look to be very unappealing, and not particularly easy to read.

6. Infotainment is glitchy. My screen frequently freezes and is unresponsive when using Android Auto. Sync frequently thinks I'm giving voice commands even when nobody in the vehicle is talking.

7 Wind noise at highway speeds is considerably louder than I anticipated.

8. Fit and finish. There's a couple minor metal flaws on the hood and the MIC top has honeycombing and a couple blemishes that should not have passed QC.

8. No heated steering wheel. This is a feature that shouldn't be only included in higher packages and trim levels.

9. Odd engine rattling. It's difficult to describe but there's a slightly unsettling rattle under throttle, almost (but not quite) like a jingling sound.

10. Poor interior lighting.
YES - THIS - "#3 The gas shock on the swing gate fights you every time you want to open it." I HATE that thing! Coming from a 2007 FJ where I never had an issue with the rear swing door, I find myself wondering why it is not designed to be open ASSIST and not RESIST!

Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My "complaints" are less issues and more "wishes"

1) I don't need a memory seat but I miss the easy exit seat that would pull back to make it easier to exit when the engine got shut off.
2) I wish the Waze NAV option could go full screen like the stock NAV option.
3) When I have Waze up, I wish the side section would stay on the setting I selected. Once I put the care in R it reverts back to the stock NAV option - for dueling maps.
4) Its been very windy lately - and the Bronco catches every gust.
5) Don't drop anything in the back seat at night. There is zero lighting.
6) Wish mud flaps could be used with the side step without drilling options.
7) Wish there were better front license plate options that did not require drilling. I am currently using a clamp on a tow hook.
8) Wish I could use the front camera option at higher speed settings, I understand why I can't but wish I could.
I put the valkyrie front license plate mount on. Looks great.

nsmiller0807

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2019 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only thing I canā€™t stand is the dash. I have a speedometer next to the digital speedometer šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø In 2022, they should all be fully digital. My fathers Hyundai has a full digital dash, why not every Bronco.

Thats a small complaint but I love my Bronco.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what killed any idea of buying a 4-door for me. On the 2-Door the door is 6" longer, and thus the B-pillar is 5-6" further back and actually behind your shoulder.
That's something I hadn't considered. Not a giant, but 6'2 is enough to make B pillars and arm rests an issue in many if not most vehicles. I need the cargo space of the 4 door more than the rear seats.