First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Mustang GT, 22' Jeep Cherokee, 22' BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe a rookie question, but would these level the ride off? I know the cheap 2" lift spacers level it off with a difference between the front and rear spacer "pucks" being diff't.
Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the fact that my garage door and trailer coupler height force me to not spend money on stuff like this lol
Ha. Same boat. My 1900's house and nearly as old garage probably wouldn't fit a sas. For now - i'm good, but this is interesting option/

More on topic - Assume these would be a warranty item so that might be worth it to some(?).

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If guys, me included (sort of), are willing to pay ADM what's a bit more for a "look" backed by Ford warranty? My first Bronco was getting a lift and 35's (I had already purchased lift and wheels) before its untimely demise.

Dealer bought back my old SaS wheels as they installed my previous trucks new wheels and tires.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I bought an OBX non-sas mainly because I wanted the painted fender flairs. I didn't think I would be into any real off-roading. I bought sas wheels and tires and a 2 inch zone lift before I got the truck mainly for looks. The first time I took her off road, I immediately regretted going non-sas.

My question is, If I took out the zone lift and put these on would I keep the same height and leveling, and would it smooth out the ride. I feel every little bump, and it feels like my shocks are tight as hell. I don't mind the ride off road but would love it to be smoother on road. I have never put a lift on any of my trucks, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I bought an OBX non-sas mainly because I wanted the painted fender flairs. I didn't think I would be into any real off-roading. I bought sas wheels and tires and a 2 inch zone lift before I got the truck mainly for looks. The first time I took her off road, I immediately regretted going non-sas.

My question is, If I took out the zone lift and put these on would I keep the same height and leveling, and would it smooth out theride. I feel every little bump, and it feels like my shocks are tight as hell. I don't mind the ride off road but would love it to be smoother on road. I have never put a lift on any of my trucks, so I have nothing to compare it to.
Bilstein 5100 & 6100 are digressive valving so little bumps are stiffer and large bumps are softer. I would look into other options for your wants. Maybe the new rancho shocks(rancho is tipically softer than Bilstein) or Eibach pro truck ones, they may be more geared to what you want.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So these springs will make a non Sasquatch Black Diamond higher then a Badlands or Sasquatch with comparable 33 or 35” tires?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems that Ford has found a way to extract extra dollars from Bronco owners that didn't order the Sasquatch package. Add in the Ford labor and you're at $3,000. I didn't order the Sasquatch because I wanted to pick my own wheels and tires. The total for my lift, wheels (5), and tires was $3,500. Don't believe the hype.
Same, I knew the rims I wanted to run and I knew that I was not going to run anything over 35" (probably not much over 34"). My Badlands suspension, rims, and 33.5" tires was about the same $3750 ($1500 lift + $1250 rims + $1000 tires).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

My question is, If I took out the zone lift and put these on would I keep the same height and leveling, and would it smooth out the ride. I feel every little bump, and it feels like my shocks are tight as hell. I don't mind the ride off road but would love it to be smoother on road. I have never put a lift on any of my trucks, so I have nothing to compare it to.
The stock OBX suspension is the most plush and soft I have seen on the Bronco. However, it definitely didn't sit flat and looked goofy.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] received_893055024935496

Initially, I put 33.5" tires and rims on the OBX and didn't have any regrets with on or off road manners, but the stock OBX rims and tires were certainly quieter and more fuel efficient than the 33.5" Mud Terrain tires. Off-road the extra clearance afforded by the 33.5" tires was welcome. No other modifications were needed beyond rims and tires to get 33.5" tires in there (even retained the crash bars).

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] received_233184485644998

I then decided to upgrade the suspension to get just a hair more lift and a little more articulation. I installed the shocks and springs for a Badlands on my OBX. I lost some of the on-road smoothness and plush ride that is the OBX, but I gained 0.6" of clearance, 10-15% more articulation, and better damping off road at speed.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] IMG_20220910_181104

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] IMG_20221006_185615

Currently, I am running the General Grabbers and rims taken from a Black Diamond (a good compromise between the OBX tires and the 33.5" mud terrain tires). I had a happy accident with the front spring rate and it is perfect for the winch installed up front.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] IMG_20221030_120759

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] IMG_20221030_120833

In the near future, once I wear out some tires, I will probably run a 34.5" tire. I am also upgrading to the HOSS 3.0 steering rack. That should finish it off.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The stock OBX suspension is the most plush and soft I have seen on the Bronco. However, it definitely didn't sit flat and looked goofy.

received_893055024935496.jpeg

Initially, I put 33.5" tires and rims on the OBX and didn't have any regrets with on or off road manners, but the stock OBX rims and tires were certainly quieter and more fuel efficient than the 33.5" Mud Terrain tires. Off-road the extra clearance afforded by the 33.5" tires was welcome. No other modifications were needed beyond rims and tires to get 33.5" tires in there (even retained the crash bars).

received_233184485644998.jpeg

I then decided to upgrade the suspension to get just a hair more lift and a little more articulation. I installed the shocks and springs for a Badlands on my OBX. I lost some of the on-road smoothness and plush ride that is the OBX, but I gained 0.6" of clearance, 10-15% more articulation, and better damping off road at speed.

IMG_20220910_181104.jpg

IMG_20221006_185615.jpg

Currently, I am running the General Grabbers and rims taken from a Black Diamond (a good compromise between the OBX tires and the 33.5" mud terrain tires). I had a happy accident with the front spring rate and it is perfect for the winch installed up front.

IMG_20221030_120759.jpg

IMG_20221030_120833.jpg

In the near future, once I wear out some tires, I will probably run a 34.5" tire. I am also upgrading to the HOSS 3.0 steering rack. That should finish it off.
Did I miss the part that this is about the suspension in this thread.
I’m interested in this Suspension and I’m going to buy it. does anyone have anything helpful to add to this discussion or is it dead.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did I miss the part that this is about the suspension in this thread.
I’m interested in this Suspension and I’m going to buy it. does anyone have anything helpful to add to this discussion or is it dead.
And I wasn't talking to you... Did I miss the part where you were elected forum police?

I was responding to another forum member about his concerns regarding the OBX suspension and changing from it.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why don’t you just keep the zone lift but get some SAS takeoffs?

skap407

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So would purchasing SAS suspension components and installing it on non SAS be cheaper than this?
I was thinking the same thing, I got a quote from my parts department around 1400 for everything... What is the benefit of going with these over the SAS suspension? I dont even see a reservoir.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why don’t you just keep the zone lift but get some SAS takeoffs?
I may do that if I can find them. I am mainly looking for a smoother ride while keeping the 2 inch lift. If I had the takeoffs, would I still need the zone lift? Forgive me, but I am new to this.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] IMG_20221030_120833

Looks great! I drove mine (stock) 12 miles from the dealer to a shop and had the SAS takeoffs wheels and tires and the lift put on. I remember not liking the look of it at the dealer with the stock wheels and tires but I don't remember how smooth the ride was at all. I just know it feels tight as hell every time I hit a bump on the road. I have over 7K miles on it and it drives me nuts.
Sponsored