Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

cnflctd

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
why does Ford need to install this? Having purchased tunes for Mustangs in the past, its a pretty simple plug and play, no?

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My opinion - The gains listed are the minimum. If they said 50HP and someone got 48 or any number different from the number posted the FREAK OUT would be insane. A 5% to 7% benefit to the weight to HP ratio will make a difference. I suspect it will be more on the 10% increase side but they can't say that because of the potential / likely freak out if someone doesn't hit that mark once.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance 1664464875293

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This might be a silly question, but after reading the PDF install instructions I can't tell.

Does the tablet device need to stay connected after the tuning is complete?

typical tuning devices are removed afterwards but this kit includes a suction cup to mount the device. Seems like it needs to stay attached.

If that's the case, I'm not sure I'm OK with that. I run doors and top off almost 3 seasons of the year....

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The description on the 2.3L page is for the 2.7L...if someone does not catch that they may think they are getting more than they are.
Thanks for the heads up. We’ll make sure to address that right away.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This might be a silly question, but after reading the PDF install instructions I can't tell.

Does the tablet device need to stay connected after the tuning is complete?

typical tuning devices are removed afterwards but this kit includes a suction cup to mount the device. Seems like it needs to stay attached.

If that's the case, I'm not sure I'm OK with that. I run doors and top off almost 3 seasons of the year....
I don’t believe the device needs to be plugged in all of the time. Once flashed you should be able to remove and store it. The only reason you’d keep it plugged in and mounted is to monitor the vehicles parameters or for when you datalog with it. I will confirm though once I speak to my Ford Performance rep.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s about half of that, price wise. As far as power, JB4 is claiming 100hp/120wtq, which seems high for the 2.3L and I feel those numbers are for the 2.7L. But even half of that would be more than the power in the FP tune. I already have the 4.7 gears and 35” tires because of my Sas package, so I felt that the only value I’m getting is the increased TQ and HP. The warranty doesn’t concern me, since it would be a piggy back system and I would simply take it off for any issues. Along with that, taking the money saved and adding a new intercooler along with some charge pipes would seem like a better setup in my situation. Thanks for the input, I’m taking everything into consideration with the info I’ve been getting.
I have a 2.3 SAS as well and am looking at all options. Warranty is appealing but so is paying half. Thanks for the response

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just out of curiosity, what is the average HP increase by just adding a Cold-Air-Intake?
I’m wondering this too. Cold air intake and exhaust vs tune? Is there any reason someone couldn’t do all 3? Is there “ too much” for my 2.3 SAS?

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not concerned with the maximum power and torque increases from these tuners. I'm more interested in the "under the curve" gains and better driveability. OEM tuning is very conservative for emissions, NHV and durability (read: warranty).

Almost all of my vehicles have been tuned. Either a canned tune from the handheld tuner or a custom tune. Most of the time, I just run the 87 performance tune as it still helps the transmission shifting and throttle response but still allows it to run 87 octane.

If I can get a little bit more torque and better driveability out of my base 2.3L 7mt AND still keep the factory warranty, sign me up!

Sponsored

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered. I've been waiting on this to be available for a while now. Looking forward to seeing what gains I get pairing this with my Roush "intake" and exhaust.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do we buy from you guys and bring it to the dealer or buy through dealer ?
Yes. You would purchase it from us and then take it to a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician for it to be installed and covered under warranty.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The kit for the ranger gives a 45hp and 60ft lb of torque boost. This just seems a little week.
I hear ya but we all need to understand it's a totally different platform. Just like how the 2.7L F150 see's higher gains from tunes than we do.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just out of curiosity, what is the average HP increase by just adding a Cold-Air-Intake?
We haven't done any real world back to back testing from stock to the Roush or other aftermarket intakes to say for sure. If anything it's minor at stock power levels. It may however show a little more of a gain with an aftermarket tune or piggyback module where increased boost is seen.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are two completely different products so you really need to look at it and decide which option is better for you.

The VR tune is a great option just like the JB4 module. These are piggyback devices that are plug and play with the factory wiring harness. So at no point is the PCM ever flashed with them. Performance gains are really good. What these don't offer is transmission tuning, the disabling of the auto start/stop feature and the ability to adjust for gear ratio or tire changes.

The Ford Performance device and cal is a full flash device which not only increases boost and timing for more power but the shift schedule is also tuned. So the Bronco will have more optimum shift points than one that's stock or running a VR/JB4 module. This device also allows you to recalibrate the speedo for gear ratio and tire changes where the other devices don't. So if you do a lift and upgrade to a larger tire size or change axle ratio this is where the FP comes into play.

Now I'm unsure about some of the other things that the Whipple device offers and whether or not those features will also be available on the Ford Performance device. Things such as datalogging and the auto start/stop feature disabling.

As we get more info we'll definitely be sure to share it with you guys.

Thanks!
Excellent and thorough response that even I can understand. Thanks!
Sponsored