Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a WildTrak so I am already at 4.7 my biggest hope is that they addressed the lag from 0-15mph. Moving from a 2014 Taurus SHO to my 2022 WildTrak was a bit of a surprise and some what disappointing. I know I can't/shouldn't compare the two because they are two very different beasts but still.
If I was a betting man, I'd put solid money on anything from Ford keeping the power cap on 1st and 2nd gears in place to protect the transmission.

Whoever posted earlier that the Bronco is a slow vehicle is absolutely correct. Weight isn't an excuse for those acceleration numbers for the amount of power the v6 makes, and one only has to look at the 0-60 (or more telling the 5-60mph) numbers from the almost-identically-heavy F150 with the same engine to see that. Ford just doesn't want a disagreement between the crankshaft and the contact patches at 415 lb-ft.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Excellent and thorough response that even I can understand. Thanks!
Happy to help! We can't wait for these to be out in the wild. The "best" part of the Ford Performance calibrations, in my opinion, is the transmission tuning. On previous cars, it has been night and day. They claim to adjust with the modes, similar to how stock does, so I think this one will be a homerun.

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After reading the PDF....So you can DIY this....?

The warranty gets in place if an SAE tech does the initial install?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After reading the PDF....So you can DIY this....?

The warranty gets in place if an SAE tech does the initial install?
Yes and yes. If you DIY you risk the warranty aspect but any SAE tech (with proof of their install, typically as an invoice) would have you keep a 3/36 powertrain warranty.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hear ya but we all need to understand it's a totally different platform. Just like how the 2.7L F150 see's higher gains from tunes than we do.
Yes, But let’s face it. We all know the real reason is they don’t want the numbers getting too close to the Raptor numbers.

Sponsored

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems like this won’t be available to buy with points. I have lots and they should be almost exactly $700…
can anyone provide any insight on that?

I can’t imagine I can use ford points to buy from lethal….

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LethalPerformance if/when you get these, I would be super beneficial if you did dyno testing and/or track testing.

What I'm (and I'm sure lots of other people) are interested in is the difference from:
stock with 87 octane
stock with 93 octane
FPP tune with 93 octane

In a perfect world this would be with 2.7L, 2.3L Auto and 2.3 MT.... It's kind of deceptive for Ford to show graphs of stock 87 to FPP on 93 without even addressing the stock with 93 info. I know it's available but would be better in one place and help the cause.

I realize that is a big investment in time and money but I'm sure that if this product puts out good numbers then a lot of Nay Sayers would be converted and you'd get a lot of sales.

And it's promising that you have been responding to questions on this and other topics on the forum too, which people notice.

NAP51DMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nun-ya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LethalPerformance on your product description y'all seemed to have accidentally copy pasta'd the 2.7 onto the 2.3 page.

Also does the tune upload device (brain is failing on the actual name) read obd codes by chance?

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance on your product description y'all seemed to have accidentally copy pasta'd the 2.7 onto the 2.3 page.

Also does the tune upload device (brain is failing on the actual name) read obd codes by chance?
All of the product information should be updated and correct on our site. If it's still showing the incorrect info please refresh the page.

The Procal 4 device is included in these packages are able to read and clear DTC codes.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance if/when you get these, I would be super beneficial if you did dyno testing and/or track testing.

What I'm (and I'm sure lots of other people) are interested in is the difference from:
stock with 87 octane
stock with 93 octane
FPP tune with 93 octane

In a perfect world this would be with 2.7L, 2.3L Auto and 2.3 MT.... It's kind of deceptive for Ford to show graphs of stock 87 to FPP on 93 without even addressing the stock with 93 info. I know it's available but would be better in one place and help the cause.

I realize that is a big investment in time and money but I'm sure that if this product puts out good numbers then a lot of Nay Sayers would be converted and you'd get a lot of sales.

And it's promising that you have been responding to questions on this and other topics on the forum too, which people notice.
We definitely plan on testing these cals on both a 2.3L and 2.7L once they show up. We'll make sure to keep everyone posted once that happens.

Thanks for the support guys!

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We definitely plan on testing these cals on both a 2.3L and 2.7L once they show up. We'll make sure to keep everyone posted once that happens.

Thanks for the support guys!
Let us know if you can roll back to factory tune or if it's permanent!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let us know if you can roll back to factory tune or if it's permanent!
I don't believe the stock file is saved on the device. The only way to return to stock would be to take it back to the dealer where they would use their software to flash the stock cal back onto the vehicle. If I find out that's not the case I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't believe the stock file is saved on the device. The only way to return to stock would be to take it back to the dealer where they would use their software to flash the stock cal back onto the vehicle. If I find out that's not the case I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks!
I am anticipating the same, just like the Ford Rangers. Also Ford does update this product, so every now and then they roll out more power!
Sponsored