Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, Ford should clarify, they say "premium" fuel is required however their warranty for the performance packs at one point stated 91 octane minimum. So are the ratings at 91 octane (and I suspect they are because 93 is not available everywhere and since they are not a boutique tuner but rather a global manufacturer...) If 91 octane, that could explain some of the reason for somewhat lower gains than others publish.

Someone said CA can't get 93, just 91, 93 is rare here, 91 is everywhere.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf
91 is the highest available in many places, most of Cali being one of them. Premium fuel is usually titled 91+ but yes, they used 93 for this testing.
Sponsored

MCOBronco6

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Excellent and thorough response that even I can understand. Thanks!
Yeah, we should take a minute and thank Lethal for being so active and willing to answer the questions here. While it's an obvious business benefit to them to be involved, it takes an additional level of real enthusiasm for the Bronco to be this thorough. Much appreciated guys!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My FP Pack on my 17 was 91 oct rated min, but 93 does help and to be honest event going from 93 to 91, the computer and sensors have enough adjustment into them to where that wont be an issue specially on a Bronco that doesnt rev that high. Knock sensors do wonders.

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, we should take a minute and thank Lethal for being so active and willing to answer the questions here. While it's an obvious business benefit to them to be involved, it takes an additional level of real enthusiasm for the Bronco to be this thorough. Much appreciated guys!
Thank you so much for the kind words! We do our best to keep you and everyone updated with the latest and greatest and provide the best content to go along with it! We appreciate everyone being so interactive with us and giving feedback. We will continue to bring the Bronco community the best information and products :cool:

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LethalPerformance - I am sorry to ask again, but can you please directly clarify the "3yr/36month" warranty? Is this for the tool itself or does this actually DECREASE the powertrain warranty from the standard 5yr/60000miles? There are many people in this thread saying "keep the factory warranty", when in fact it appears that is not the case and they should be aware.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can we stack this on top of the JB4? Any idea of that is a) OK and b) if the results would be additive or diminishing?
Can you? Probably. However I personally wouldn't do that. That's just my opinion on stacking modules on top of performance calibrations.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance - I am sorry to ask again, but can you please directly clarify the "3yr/36month" warranty? Is this for the tool itself or does this actually DECREASE the powertrain warranty from the standard 5yr/60000miles? There are many people in this thread saying "keep the factory warranty", when in fact it appears that is not the case and they should be aware.
The warranty is just like how they do it on their power packs which is listed below.

Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or endorsed by the Red Seal Program (RSE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Ford Performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So 40HP and 40TQ on the 2.7..?
40? the 2.7 on premium is rated at 330/415. this doesn't seem like an increase you'd notice. the curves follow similar lines. maybe throttle response and the crappy trans calibration being updated is worth it

BroccoliBronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco black diamond manual, 2020 Fiat spider
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is the Rev Match downshifting on the MT? Does that mean it will blip the throttle automatically instead of me using my foot when decelerating?

Can you order this through lethal and install it yourself or do you have to take it to the dealer?

Sponsored

ried

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the Rev Match downshifting on the MT? Does that mean it will blip the throttle automatically instead of me using my foot when decelerating?
Yes.

Can you order this through lethal and install it yourself or do you have to take it to the dealer?
You can install it yourself, but you won't get the warranty protection if you do.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
a few extra hp sounds nice.

but paying an extra .80cents a gallon... 20hp isnt worth that.

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
a few extra hp sounds nice.

but paying an extra .80cents a gallon... 20hp isnt worth that.
Should be running 91+ octane on these turbo motors anyway. Doesn't make sense to skimp on fill ups.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Should be running 91+ octane on these turbo motors anyway. Doesn't make sense to skimp on fill ups.
It's a big price difference to run premium. And ford says regular doesn't hurt anything. So I'll take the cost.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok guys. I spoke with a Ford Performance rep today and have some clarification for those who were asking some questions which I was unsure about.

4. Extended Warranty- Someone had asked how this may or may not effect a Ford extended warranty plan. I was told that they are unsure of that and it would be best to contact the extended warranty department for more information if that's something you're concerned about.

Hope that helps. If you have anymore questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks!
I appreciate you asking the question, but that is such a cop out answer from the Ford Performance rep. They work for and represent Ford, so call down to the ESP division and get a definitive answer FFS. This isn’t the first factory tune Ford Performance has sold, so you’d think they would’ve already figured out the answer.
Sponsored