Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@LethalPerformance first off thank you for all of the work that goes into investigating all our questions!

I have one for you now. Did the Ford Perf Rep happen to say when these would be delivered? I went to the Dealer that I bought my WildTrak from and placed my order which they didn't know they could do because they didn't know they were out. They didn't give me.an ETA so figured I would ask you.

I have my list of other parts to buy from you ready and will be placing that soon. Thanks again for all the great reviews and work on this.
Sponsored

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@LethalPerformance In addition to the HP gains, do you know if this would eliminate the need to have a pedal commander? I added one and it makes a big difference, wondering if the tune eliminates that as it saves it improves throttle response... Thanks!

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I appreciate you asking the question, but that is such a cop out answer from the Ford Performance rep. They work for and represent Ford, so call down to the ESP division and get a definitive answer FFS. This isn’t the first factory tune Ford Performance has sold, so you’d think they would’ve already figured out the answer.
I think those ESP plans are fufilled by a 3rd party, do dealers even all use the same one?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think those ESP plans are fufilled by a 3rd party, do dealers even all use the same one?
I only buy the Ford (or whatever brand) ESP, but there are plenty of third party plans available. All Ford dealers can sell Ford ESP, but many will try to sell something third party that gives them more profit.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So for whatever your dealer will charge for install, how many ate interested in 1 year 36000 mile warranty on extr ponies for just $825? Under consideration here

Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
mine said 75$

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance first off thank you for all of the work that goes into investigating all our questions!

I have one for you now. Did the Ford Perf Rep happen to say when these would be delivered? I went to the Dealer that I bought my WildTrak from and placed my order which they didn't know they could do because they didn't know they were out. They didn't give me.an ETA so figured I would ask you.

I have my list of other parts to buy from you ready and will be placing that soon. Thanks again for all the great reviews and work on this.
Hi there! We're happy to help and support the platform. We're car guys & gals ourselves here and really love to see the Bronco find its place in the market.

@LethalPerformance In addition to the HP gains, do you know if this would eliminate the need to have a pedal commander? I added one and it makes a big difference, wondering if the tune eliminates that as it saves it improves throttle response... Thanks!
Essentially, yes, but you can still keep it on and adjust your toe-in acceleration to your liking.

So for whatever your dealer will charge for install, how many ate interested in 1 year 36000 mile warranty on extr ponies for just $825? Under consideration here
The install does not HAVE to be from the dealer.. an ASE certified technician would be fine as well :)

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So can you turn the tune on and off if you want to run 89octane and then on and run 91? or does it stay on all the time? some of the other tunes you can turn on and off as needed. Thanks for all your info on this @LethalPerformance.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
as someone who has no idea about the "performance world". why would premium fuel be required if youre not changing any parts... wouldnt it just be the same decision you make now? lol
high octane fuel will give you maximum combustion and slightly more power....looking at the graph i don't think the premium fuel would be worth the extra $1 a gallon.

Sponsored

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So can you turn the tune on and off if you want to run 89octane and then on and run 91? or does it stay on all the time? some of the other tunes you can turn on and off as needed. Thanks for all your info on this @LethalPerformance.
Once flashed the calibration will be on the vehicle until you return it to stock. You can return the vehicle to stock with the ProCal 4 device as it has the option to save your stock file on it before you flash the vehicle with their cal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why is everyone saying the tune for the 2.7 only gives you up to 35" wheels? I see 37":

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-B27
You're completely right on that one. Here's the newest info from Ford Performance on the 2.7L cal regarding tire sizes.
  • Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (2,779mm circumference).

We've also updated all of the listings on our site to include any new changes Ford Performance has released on these calibrations. Feel fee to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does this tune add rev matching to the 7Mt?
Rev matching is part of the calibration for 7MT owners. Obviously restricted to the 2.3L Broncos as they are the only ones with the manual transmission. Let us know if you have any other questions.
  • Down-shift rev matching for manual transmission equipped vehicles (2.3L 7MT Only)

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're completely right on that one. Here's the newest info from Ford Performance on the 2.7L cal regarding tire sizes.
  • Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (2,779mm circumference).

We've also updated all of the listings on our site to include any new changes Ford Performance has released on these calibrations. Feel fee to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Of course, 2,799 mm circumference is in fact, a 35" circle, so who knows....
Sponsored