Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From looking through the various modules out there it's about 30 HP for $500. There is one that offers 7 Stage tuning which looks interesting but you can only go up to Stage 3 with pump gas. The other stages just are not practical for me.

I'm waiting for a tuner & mapping program that allows parameters changes for upgraded part(s).
I’m a little shocked we can’t get 500 ponies out of this motor on a moderate tune. 20 years ago my buddies were getting 350hp from a 1.8l with a moderate tune. I think it’s just going to be awhile longer to give the tuners more time to play with configs. Exhaust, downpipe, turbo size are also in play…
Sponsored

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does this stack up to the competition

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a little shocked we can’t get 500 ponies out of this motor on a moderate tune. 20 years ago my buddies were getting 350hp from a 1.8l with a moderate tune. I think it’s just going to be awhile longer to give the tuners more time to play with configs. Exhaust, downpipe, turbo size are also in play…
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

194hp per liter

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's right! My goal is 500 hp...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

194hp per liter
First - happy build week.

My miata 1.8 made 325 rwhp (probably just north of 350 crank hp), but I was only running about 15 psi of boost. I could have turned it up quite a bit from there, but 325 rwhp in a 2200 lb car was already quite stupid fun... I could light the tires up at 70 MPH in 3rd gear (~5000 rpm).

Sponsored

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey All!

Ford Performance just released their Performance Calibrations for the 2021+ Ford Bronco’s 2.7L Models, as well as 2.3L models! These calibrations have some impressive gains and most importantly, are backed by a 3 Year / 36K Mile Warranty!

FP BRONCO  CAL.png

While raising the overall performance of the engine, they are also capable of :
  • 433 lb.ft. TQ at 3,500 RPM (2.7L)
  • 355 HP at 5,500 RPM (2.7L)
  • Changing the tire size up to 35" .
  • Changing the axle ratio up to 4.70.
  • Optimizing transmission shift schedule .
  • Improving throttle response throughout entire RPM range.

Each kit includes the M-12655-F ProCal 4 delivery tool and everything you would need to have it calibrated.

It is CARB Approved (E.O. #: D-431-4) for 2021MY vehicles, but 49-state approved with 2022MY vehicles.

As mentioned, the kit is eligible for a 3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician .

Of course, with this calibration, Premium fuel is required!

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out with any of us here at Lethal Performance!

Joe Rocchio / [email protected]
877-2-LETHAL | lethalperformance.com
1637347377084-png-png-png-png-png-png.png
I got a question regarding the graphs advertised with the kit. The FP tune will be a 97 fuel which was specified on the description, know the factory bronco for max HP and Torque is rated at 97 as well, why would they compare 87 on stock 2.7 against 97 on the FP. Wouldn't it make more sense and be more accurate to run 97 before and after the tune to get a more accurate gain?

There might be a simple explanation but I'm not to knowledgeable on the Tunning side of things.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First - happy build week.

My miata 1.8 made 325 rwhp (probably just north of 350 crank hp), but I was only running about 15 psi of boost. I could have turned it up quite a bit from there, but 325 rwhp in a 2200 lb car was already quite stupid fun... I could light the tires up at 70 MPH in 3rd gear (~5000 rpm).
thanks man!

He said moderate tune

194hp per liter is excellent and on the high end and not really ‘moderate’. I’m sure you had a few mods outside a ‘tune’

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thanks man!

He said moderate tune

194hp per liter is excellent and on the high end and not really ‘moderate’. I’m sure you had a few mods outside a ‘tune’
Yes, I added a turbo, intercooler, injectors and a ECU. A naturally aspirated Miata isn't going to make that power level. This was my daily driver back in the early 2000's

However, it was a stock motor and transmission running 91 octane pump gas. The only other real modification was switching to a 3.636:1 ring and pinon because a 4.3:1 gear was ridiculous at that power level.

Now with a fully built and tuned 2 liter, I was able to make 620 HP at the wheel on race gas. That would be like making nearly 840 HP on a 2.7.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I added a turbo, intercooler, injectors and a ECU. A naturally aspirated Miata isn't going to make that power level. This was my daily driver back in the early 2000's

However, it was a stock motor and transmission running 91 octane pump gas. The only other real modification was switching to a 3.636:1 ring and pinon because a 4.3:1 gear was ridiculous at that power level.

Now with a fully built and tuned 2 liter, I was able to make 620 HP at the wheel on race gas. That would be like making nearly 840 HP on a 2.7.
That’s awesome I love modded things

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's great that they came out with this factory tune - but its annoying that they don't post figures for 91 OCT and ONLY do it with 93 OCT to get boosted figures. There are a LOT of states that do NOT have 93 OCT.

Sponsored

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Step one: Physically swap front and rear diffs for those with 4.70 gears
Step two: Use programmer to let the vehicle know that you have swapped the gearing so that it can recalibrate to the new gears.
oh that seems rather expensive lol.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

194hp per liter
Honda was making 100hp per liter naturally aspirated in 1999 in their B16A2. Do you think forced induction would not do more and tech would not improve over 23 years??

Hell, I had a 2000 Si that made 375whp off a T3/T4 running 18psi. 500 crank hp via a 2.7l v6 with forced induction is a cake walk.
Here, let Corky Bell educate you: Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing and Installing Turbocharger Systems (Engineering and Performance) https://a.co/d/7kQ5BxY

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honda was making 100hp per liter naturally aspirated in 1999 in their B16A2. Do you think forced induction would not do more and tech would not improve over 23 years??

Hell, I had a 2000 Si that made 375whp off a T3/T4 running 18psi. 500 crank hp via a 2.7l v6 with forced induction is a cake walk.
Here, let Corky Bell educate you: Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing and Installing Turbocharger Systems (Engineering and Performance) https://a.co/d/7kQ5BxY
If you are going to educate me slapping on turbos isn’t a ‘tune’
And I can’t wait to see your 500hp cakewalked 2.7!

do it!

194hp per liter

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

moderate tune

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

name some production cars making 194 per liter on a ‘tune’ that are 50,000 or less… 😂😂😂😂😂

whats so hard about making factual statements?

I mean I know a guy that built v6’s for the gentry offshore racing boats that were so silly gm sent engineers to see what the heck he was doing. And it wasn’t simple, a tune or particularly reliable.
And I’m still not going to quote the stats as some easily achievable goal

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

LOL, funny you should mention Corky. He's like my adopted father and a really close friend of mine. He makes a killer Margarita, nearly as good as some of the turbo kits he's made. I think the strangest moment I can recall being friends with him was him asking me which turbo made more sense in a given application... Talk about feeling confused, happy, humble, and proud all at the same time... Corky has forgotten more than I know about anything automotive (he's also a hell of a driver, even over 80 the man can drive)!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are going to educate me slapping on turbos isn’t a ‘tune’
And I can’t wait to see your 500hp cakewalked 2.7!

do it!

194hp per liter

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

moderate tune

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

name some production cars making 194 per liter on a ‘tune’ that are 50,000 or less… 😂😂😂😂😂

whats so hard about making factual statements?

I mean I know a guy that built v6’s for the gentry offshore racing boats that were so silly gm sent engineers to see what the heck he was doing. And it wasn’t simple, a tune or particularly reliable.
And I’m still not going to quote the stats as some easily achievable goal
Here, let me help you out. It's easy even on pump gas. Here is a mostly stock 1.8 liter Miata motor (Pauter Rods, Wiseco pistons, stock head. Toga oil pump... stock crank and most of the motor other than rods and pistons), using a RX-7 turbo II transmission and RX-7 Turbo II rear differential. It's not an exotic build, I built and designed the turbo system, manifold, intercooler, and provided the Haltech E6k engine management and initial tuning. Mind you, this was the early 2000's, but it wasn't a high $$$$ build. It was dead reliable though.

10.94 @ 139 MPH - 5500' above sea level. It was probably pushing somewhere north of 425 HP (or 236 HP/Liter) and that was 20 years ago with a crappy Haltech E6k, no direct injection, pump gas, driven to and from the track over 30 miles.

This wasn't some crazy build. It was less than $5000 ($8000 in today's dollars) with all the parts (including the internals and RX-7 Turbo II parts).
Sponsored