Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this a product that is 50 states legal? I have a 2.3 and I live in Cali. As far as I know none of the catch cans are legal in California.
It did not come with a CARB EO sticker, so probably not.

BUT I really have no idea. In my experience most 50-state legal components from Ford will come with an CARB EO sticker, but I don't know if that's strictly required or not.
Sponsored

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i started catching oil at 1000 miles with my aftermarket can... quite a bit actually.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All I know is I don't have catches and changed my own oil at approx 7k interval recently (for youtube undergrads, it was before cluster nanny suggested) and it was basically pitch black with very little translucency. However I didn't check it once before I added engine flush (liqui moly) so that may have pulled alot more crap into it in the last 10min of idling before purge

I drive about 70% hwy for 10-15min jaunts

Definitely considering adding them

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that the kit that requires messing with infuriating fittings or was install "easy"?
The one fitting was a little hard to get to/take off, but using some elbow grease, I decided to just break it since I wasn't expecting to ever put the OEM hose back on. Install of the entire thing was about 45min.

Horseman

Badlands
First Name
Horse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought my Bronco (2.7L) w/ 5,000 miles from a friend who swapped it for a F-150 Raptor because he had 2 small children and the baby seats didn't fit in the back without the front seats being uncomfortably forward. He had already purchased but not installed an RXP catch can https://teamrxp.com/ and gave that to me.

It took a little effort to install but team RXP was very helpful. Due to the tight fit and not wanting to jimmy the cans out for every oil change, I added some drop hoses with shut off valves just below the catch can lower fitting. First oil change (6,000 miles after install) was a couple of weeks ago and the catch was minimal, just a few drops.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance DUAL catch cans for 2.7 engine now available IMG_3699

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7L? Iā€™ve been trying to decide if itā€™s worth it.
yes sir. lots of debate on whether or not it's needed with the combination of direct/multiport injection. but, if it keeps that crap out of my intake why not.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But $625, geez guys, it seems that they should have engineered my beast from the beginning. I am on a fixed budget and I got a long list of other things to do. Do I really need this or is it just more to clutter the engine compartment?

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But $625, geez guys, it seems that they should have engineered my beast from the beginning. I am on a fixed budget and I got a long list of other things to do. Do I really need this or is it just more to clutter the engine compartment?
If you want the double catch can save money and buy the mishimoto for like $400ish

Sponsored

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this considered OEM? No warranty implications?

Donā€™t want to play that game with Ford

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As the title states, Ford has released a version of their catch cans for the 2.7 Eco engine. What is interesting it is for both sides. They have a can for each. The price, 625$ Oof!

What are your thoughts on this? I know we have been round and round on rather a catch is needed for the 2.7, with the direct and port injector system, it's interesting that Ford has released this.

Thoughts?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-B27

Ford Performance air/oil separator KIT for 2021-2023 Bronco w/2.7L Eco Boost engine.
  • Separate left and right canisters
  • All required hoses, brackets, and hardware included
  • Precision molded canisters with unique filter media separates oil vapor from the air in the PCV system
  • Designed and engineered specifically for installation on the Ford Eco Boost family engines
  • All OEM quality hoses and fittings are used for a high quality installation and function
  • This is a highly engineered system, not a universal "fits-all" kit, developed by the experts that know your Bronco engine best
  • Canisters are easy to drain by removing PCV lines off canister, removing canister and draining oil
  • Engineered and manufactured in the USA
Part Number: M-6766-B27
Retail Price: $625.00
Instruction Sheet: Available (PDF)

M-6766-B27_TEMP.jpeg
So, I'm a day 1 reservation and followed n posted on if catch cans were needed for a Gen 6 Bronco. Now Ford is saying yes....? Ridiculous!!!

Unless you are running higher boost, it is not needed. IMO....

I have Mishimoto dual catch cans installed (mounted) but, not plumbed up since the hack into the ECU isn't done yet allowing for higher boost pressure.

Maybe it's a sign the hack is close....šŸ«°šŸ«°

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Bad Ass!

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went ahead and picked up this Ford Performance version from an OEM parts dealer for $550 all in. Get it from Lethal Performance for $470+shipping/tax (should be a little cheaper).

Three things:

I had read somewhere that port injection is used for cold starts and low loads and then direct injection takes over once the engine has reached operating temperature. That didn't sound like enough "port" for me.

Then, I saw a youtube video of two ecoboost engine teardowns, one with and one without port injection, at like 70-100K miles. The one with port injection (and direct) was cleaner, but not too clean.

Then when I saw the FP version looked a lot more "fitted" to the 2.7, with dual cans, that did it. Along with the fact that the warranty police won't be tempted to gripe at an FP logo.

I work really hard to make my truck engines go 250K+ miles, so figured this might be worth it. Who knows. OCD wins again.

Last edited:

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It did not come with a CARB EO sticker, so probably not.

BUT I really have no idea. In my experience most 50-state legal components from Ford will come with an CARB EO sticker, but I don't know if that's strictly required or not.
Thanks god to know.
By the way I follow your YouTube channel, great content keep it coming.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I got some jingle burning a hole in my pocket so I have this on order via a sponsor. Iā€™m told itā€™s on back order at this time. <SHRUG>
Sponsored