Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, it’s complete and total trash. The Jeep hard top is 100X nicer than the Bronco one. We waited 2+ years for a vin (that we finally got 3 weeks ago) but we already moved on to a Jeep Wrangler. The hardtop was the one thing that really made me nervous about owning a Bronco. Ford needs to trash this 💩 design and do whatever Jeep is doing.
we have had 7 Wranglers, all hardtops over the years, and not one top ever gave us problems. My current 2020 Rubicon hardtop(painted too) is top notch! Hoping my top on my Braptor is good to go for years as well!
Maybe Ford can give in, reach out to Jeep and find out who their supplier is.....I do like that the Braptor interior of the hard top is nicer than the Jeeps and black!
Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting for the Ford person to respond and give the usual boiler plate and ask for the OP's info. I always wonder who the person is who reads this forum and sends those messages. What do they drive? What do they think about Bronco's build quality?

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, on a loosely related note, just saw a post on the other forum about razor sharp edges on MICs. Multiple folks confirming such. One fellow got cut badly taking of a MIC panel and due to that dropped it.

Do we have to hand sand all of the removable panels to prevent cuts, blood and stitches?
I've had my front and middle panels off many times and never noticed a sharp edge but I know it comes up. The inconsistency of these tops is astounding. It actually makes me concerned about the future of tight specifications in any industry.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we have had 7 Wranglers, all hardtops over the years, and not one top ever gave us problems. My current 2020 Rubicon hardtop(painted too) is top notch! Hoping my top on my Braptor is good to go for years as well!
Maybe Ford can give in, reach out to Jeep and find out who their supplier is.....I do like that the Braptor interior of the hard top is nicer than the Jeeps and black!
I think it’s Webasto lol or I heard that once.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what is different about the jeep top? Never really paid close attention to the inside of the jeeper tops
The Jeep top is like a resin that’s poured I think. So it’s way, way stronger than the Bronco top. The exterior is really hard and doesn’t easily scratch, it’s just perfect. It’s also light. The bronco top is cardboard lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had my front and middle panels off many times and never noticed a sharp edge but I know it comes up. The inconsistency of these tops is astounding. It actually makes me concerned about the future of tight specifications in any industry.
I just got my MY23 WT hardtop and the edges are extremely sharp, I was so surprised, other than that the truck is amazing. I keep a set of work gloves in the car, but kind of sad the quality on these tops arent better especially after the first model year the kinks should have been ironed out.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ford sucks. Bottom line

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Waiting for the Ford person to respond and give the usual boiler plate and ask for the OP's info. I always wonder who the person is who reads this forum and sends those messages. What do they drive? What do they think about Bronco's build quality?
its not a person

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the definition of normal. :ROFLMAO: If you go by "conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected", then I suppose cracks are normal.

Now were you to say acceptable? Absolutely not.

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The worst part about the tops cracking is, if covered under warranty and you get a replacement, it's likely made the exact same as your old one. So when you get a new one, it's not like Webasto/Ford has accepted the cracking, fixed it, and we're all good from here. They aren't making thicker/better tops because of all this. At least not that I've heard of.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst part about the tops cracking is, if covered under warranty and you get a replacement, it's likely made the exact same as your old one. So when you get a new one, it's not like Webasto/Ford has accepted the cracking, fixed it, and we're all good from here. They aren't making thicker/better tops because of all this. At least not that I've heard of.
And then when the replacement top cracks when out of warranty, the end user is going to be SOL.

This is all going to end badly for Ford down the road for not addressing the issue.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what is different about the jeep top? Never really paid close attention to the inside of the jeeper tops
I said the same thing 2 years ago about the top. Why wouldn't you have used a tried and true mfg. The older the particular issue is around the more Ford will walk away from it. Ford has big financial issues. I sometimes wonder if there are issues paying their vendors.

I just got my build date today, for what that's worth. I'm leaning more toward a new Jeep then getting a Bronco. My 2¢.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking mine over after delivery and noticed that the inside ledge was bowed down pretty good by each bolt. Thinking that maybe the factory was overtorquing the bolts, loosened and retorqued to spec. They really were not that tight and after looked about the same. Thought I might be on to something but the top is just very weak and cheaply made.

Had a late 70's Blazer. That top was fiberglass but sort of heavy. Bet you could roll it down a hill and not crack it though. Definitely wasn't layered over cardboard.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My vote is "Normal." Dissappointment in quality and dealer experience is normal on Broncos. Problems with any Top is normal. So yeah it is now normal.
Sponsored