Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

PXL_20230127_194355596.jpg
PXL_20230221_160445538.jpg

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
I had door alignment issues with my Bronco, but that was an easy fix and have not had any other issues. The paint is really nice.
Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Soft Top has not developed one single crack. Not one. Thank you.
You probably couldn't see them with all the wrinkles... I kid this is getting silly Fords going to end up with a class action lawsuit if they don't get on top of this.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my running list of prohibited combinations gleaned from stories in this forum:
O2 + MIC
H20 + MIC
Wax + MIC
Cold + MIC
Warm + MIC
Pretty much. Early on when the first round of hard tops failed the explanation was exposure to moisture and sunlight.

What exterior component of a vehicle isn't expected and tested to withstand sunlight and rain?

If you want the core made of Ikea cardboard for "reasons" fine, but it sure as **** better be able to withstand normal weather in the region you're selling it in without changing or having structure issues for 5+ years.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a gladiator and not to compare as I have 1 of both but if my jeep had a hairline anything in my painted glad top I would not be happy in my 42k HA, just seems Ford got the wrong company to do this top somehow and they cant get it right, just glad my 2 DR bronco hasnt had any issues

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fordā€™s prioritizing their EV product line cuz the climate cult demands it. Warned about a $3B loss on the Lightening this year. They donā€™t give two shits about the Bronco HT. They have much bigger problems.

Turns out switch to flaccid top was a GD blessing.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fordā€™s prioritizing their EV product line cuz the climate cult demands it. Warned about a $3B loss on the Lightening this year. They donā€™t give two shits about the Bronco HT. They have much bigger problems.

Turns out switch to flaccid top was a GD blessing.
I don't think that's how it works...

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP, I know you started this thread with a response from the dealer denying your request for warranty coverage. But have you gone to the dealer and actually seen the write-up request they made to Ford for warranty? I would want to see how they wrote this request. Your cracking is worse than mine was. I sat in the service department for about an hour or so after they submitted their request for warranty replacement. Ford responded in that time frame with an approval and the hard top was immediately allocated to ship. I would suspect the request was ill written thus the denied response. If you can not get satisfaction at said dealer then go elsewhere. I would tend to believe that another dealer may say no since vehicle was purchased elsewhere, but you never know and may get a responsible dealership to do it.

I would go back to service department management and request to see the request they sent for warranty. And have them resubmit for warranty with clear pictures of damage. Something was not done correctly to achieve approval. Just my 2Ā¢!

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think "Normal" means what you think it does.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well stating a $60k truck shouldn't have cracks is irrelevant. No cracking should be happening on any trim level. I took mine into the dealer a couple months a go for cracking. Within 1 hr I had an approval for the whole back half to be replaced minus windows. Received the top within a week and a half and got it replaced.

Here is the thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/updated-02-08-23-another-mic-2-0-hard-top-cracking.62878/
Same here. I think it is the way the dealer handles it IMO..

joeyha

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They also said my manual transmission that sounds like a garburator is normal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BroncoĀ® The Sasquatchā„¢ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, I know you started this thread with a response from the dealer denying your request for warranty coverage. But have you gone to the dealer and actually seen the write-up request they made to Ford for warranty? I would want to see how they wrote this request. Your cracking is worse than mine was. I sat in the service department for about an hour or so after they submitted their request for warranty replacement. Ford responded in that time frame with an approval and the hard top was immediately allocated to ship. I would suspect the request was ill written thus the denied response. If you can not get satisfaction at said dealer then go elsewhere. I would tend to believe that another dealer may say no since vehicle was purchased elsewhere, but you never know and may get a responsible dealership to do it.

I would go back to service department management and request to see the request they sent for warranty. And have them resubmit for warranty with clear pictures of damage. Something was not done correctly to achieve approval. Just my 2Ā¢!
I'm going to send another request and this time I will address it to the Service Dept manager. I'll post their reply in this thread.

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco, ā€˜21 F250, ā€˜96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not implying this isnā€˜t an issue, but havenā€™t seen evidence to confirm this is widespread. Like a lot of threads along these lines, a handful of our colleagues share their horror stories and itā€™s assumed Ford sucks and ā€œIā€™m glad I bought a Jeepā€.

There are, what?, 40k members of this forum and we have a few dozen cracked hardtops in this thread. Iā€™ll keep my Bronco and hardtop for now.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I come to this forum, it makes me want to sell the Bronco. I usually only come now to see if others have the same issues Im having. And 9/10 there are twenty threads and one larger thread about each issue Im having. My top might have this issue, and it might not, but Im sure as heck not looking for fear I may go insane.

I already have two issues that Ford cannot fix, and doubt they'll fix them anytime soon.

Ford, get off your rears and take care of your customers!

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to remember is that there are at least 2 topics the @Ford Motor Company account avoids.....

1: 2.7 failures
2: Hard top failures

#staypumped
Sponsored