Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters
OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not implying this isn‘t an issue, but haven’t seen evidence to confirm this is widespread. Like a lot of threads along these lines, a handful of our colleagues share their horror stories and it’s assumed Ford sucks and “I’m glad I bought a Jeep”.

There are, what?, 40k members of this forum and we have a few dozen cracked hardtops in this thread. I’ll keep my Bronco and hardtop for now.
Half of these members are still waiting for their Broncos
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is 100% correct. Not an issue of an inexperienced supplier but poor cost-cutting decisions on the part of the OE.
Well I'd certainly not place all the blame on Ford. I suspect if the current design met all of Ford's requirements to Webasto there would be radically fewer issues at the owner level.

Plenty of blame for both Ford and Webasto, but from a practical perspective, being that we are Ford's clients, they ultimately have all of the responsibility.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is terrible. Not only are the MICs causing massive order delays but to add insult to injury, the MICs getting out to customers are pathetically failing. Finally, salt in the wound: dealers denying warranty claims when explicitly documented/approved directly by FoMoCo.

It is genuinely hard to believe. Someone should make a very strong youtube video about this and get try to get some visibility, somehow, with some Ford Execs.

Also, on a loosely related note, just saw a post on the other forum about razor sharp edges on MICs. Multiple folks confirming such. One fellow got cut badly taking of a MIC panel and due to that dropped it.

Do we have to hand sand all of the removable panels to prevent cuts, blood and stitches?
Can confirm. My son needed a bandaid after brushing up against the top while looking out the window.

I think Ford and Jeep use the same hardtop supplier Webasto. Seems they tried to reinvent the wheel probably to drastically cut cost and it's backfired badly.
Jeep uses these guys, who know what they're doing:
https://www.bulldawgmfg.com/jeep-wrangler-about-us

ssstang67

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 & 2011 Mustang 2012 F-150 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One thing to remember is that there are at least 2 topics the @Ford Motor Company account avoids.....

1: 2.7 failures
2: Hard top failures

#staypumped
What 2.7 failures? The under 50 in early run of 21s. We're still not over that. After we'll over 100k have even built really 🤦🏻

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW 428i, 2021 Black Diamond CG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to be putting my rear clamshell MIC hardtop in for a warranty claim very soon. Will see what they say / argue. I have one small crack on the passenger side rear clamshell below the window. it's "opening up" more and more. And I'm sure it's certainly getting water/moisture in now. In fact, I did see a water droplet coming out of the crack shortly after one of my recent car washes.
Damn so you trying to sell the broken clamshell or what?

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What 2.7 failures? The under 50 in early run of 21s. We're still not over that. After we'll over 100k have even built really 🤦🏻
Yeah the one that the OP of that thread got shadow banned.

But it doesn't matter if it was 1 failure or a lot more, the fact that Ford has publicly ignored it all together should raise suspicion

Last edited:

ssstang67

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah the one that the OP of that thread got shadow banned.

But it doesn't matter if it was 1 failure or a lot more, the fact that Ford has publicly ignored it all together should raise suspicion
So you think 50 out of a 100k deserves Ford to personally apologize or something? You do realize other vehicles have 50 failures too right. U must be in the group that needs ro be coddled! It was a big problem and doesn't need anything from Ford except to fix them 🤦🏻🤣

pjstans

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

PXL_20230127_194355596.jpg
PXL_20230221_160445538.jpg

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
I had a 78' Bronco for almost 28 years...white top...never had a problem..there is no accountability with Ford and now they want to put kill switches in cars.....should tell you where they are headed

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
Ford is the only company in the whole world that would say stupid shit like that!

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont think the 2.7 problem is still a problem. Has been fixed with the stronger parts.

ssstang67

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is the only company in the whole world that would say stupid shit like that!
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but sounds like dealer not Ford

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford untilon they resolve all the issues.
Class action lawsuit ASAP

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are these the same issues as the 21 hardtops that Ford did replace tops on?I just don’t see how it can’t be called a mfg. defect, it’s not normal. Some of those pics are really bad!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn so you trying to sell the broken clamshell or what?
No. It will get surrendered to Ford as part of the warranty claim. They’ll toss it in the boneyard with all the other defective MIC tops.
Sponsored