First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took the full roof off for the first time this weekend. Went to reinstall the hard top and somehow the top right spot was about a quarter inch too far forward for the screw to align. The other 9 screws all went in no other issues and as of now with the top in place no leaks. Is this even worth taking to a dealer to be looked at or should I wait for my new roof?
Sponsored

Kurt1

Outer Banks
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!
Just ordered an OBX soft top with SAS. How long you think I’ll wait?

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have fun taking Ford to court to have them prove that. I've seen some instances where a mod was blamed for an issue, factory or aftermarket. The claim was denied and said you're sol or the warranty was voided all together. Only recourse was suck it up and drive on or take it to court.

Example: On the Jeep forums, someone had a dealer install a factory non performance part, which had a 1 year warranty, as it was installed by the dealer ( air filter assembly). Owner had engine issues after the fact. Dealer blamed it on the dealer installed part. Customer had to buy a new block.

Another example: Catch Can Voids Warranty
you are so right thats why on all warrantees it says it can void warranty with aftermarket parts or miss use like that lady who took her jeep gladiator in deep of water and jeep void her warranty

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!
If you ordered the base Bronco with 33” wheels and then decided to install 35” or 37” tall tires later, what else would be required? A lift is obvious, but what about the engine management and speedometer readings? Is this something a typical owner can accomplish on their own?

First Name
peng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep renegade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
hello! its very nice to have here for our questions, I want ask is there Electronic slip limiting or those kind of thing on Bronco?

Sponsored

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi KYLE
i WANT built a shed specialy for store all piece went i remove my modular shadow black hard top in 2023 and replace with my soft top.
question :
dimension an inch from rear clamshell= hight, long wide
dimension an inch for center panel = hight long wide
dimension an inch for front panel = hight, long, wide.
scuse my english i'm french CANADIAN.
best regard
TRACKTOY

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Consumer reports (not biased) interviewed engineers from multiple major manufactures and the short answer is modern engines and transmissions do not need break in periods. They are manufactured better than on the past ads designed for showtime from day 1. The fact that this is required for the Bronco is likely coming from the legal team as the break in recommendation was wildly broad, as will the Master Techs answer will be. New model, you never know what could go wrong and it’s better for it to go wrong at a slower speed and while not towing a 5th wheel than at slower speeds. Ford learns a things from the Explorer tread seperator days
Engines are "broke in" at the factory where they are made. No other break in is necessary.
The tranny doesn't need break in either- just time to learn your driving style. The gear set in the diffs do need a little time to set.
Ever saw a custom engine builder stick one on the dyno? After a couple of easy pulls it's WOT and a full pull..

Luchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Software Tech Question: Mid-Lux Bronco's come with 360-Degree Camera, which is awesome. Lux Broncos have the ability to remote start, hooked up to an on-board modem. Very cool too. Can or will these be combined so Bronco owners can remote view the Bronco from the Ford App? Multiple auto makers have this as an option. I'm assuming based on whats available to Bronco owners , this is just a software upgrade ? This would be perfect for Bronco's when the Doors/Top is off. You can "check-in" on your Bronco when its parked with Roof/Doors off. Very cool. Can this happen with the Bronco?

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hyundai accent, 1988 Porsche 944
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have not received mine yet. I went with a Base Model just for the fact that I know the aftermarket is going to go crazy over these things so why spend the extra money and have something everyone else has when I can make it my own.
Big same on that!

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kyle, if you haven't done so already, you should put a disclaimer that you are not speaking in an official capacity as a Ford employee, you cannot provide any proprietary information from Ford, and your opinions are strictly your own.

Just friendly advice from in-house counsel of another Fortune 50 company.

Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No smog checks for the first 6 years of the new vehicle FYI
Yes. Others have mentioned that too. Is it really worth it though? Why wouldn’t it be standard equipment as it isn’t a performance item?

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Kyle, I have several questions is about the Trailer Towing Package.:

1. Any changes to PCM Programming?

2. , Any changes to the cooling system? like a bigger radiator?

3. Is an external transmission cooler added or does it already have one?

4. Are the brakes upgraded or are they the same?

5. Is there an existing factory harness from the front to the back or is this dealer installed? If dealer installer is it plug and play or is it cut wires and solder?

6. Is the trailer plug a 4 wire, 7 wire, or both?

Thanks for your time and input!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi Kyle, I have several questions is about the Trailer Towing Package.:

1. Any changes to PCM Programming?

2. , Any changes to the cooling system? like a bigger radiator?

3. Is an external transmission cooler added or does it already have one?

4. Are the brakes upgraded or are they the same?

5. Is there an existing factory harness from the front to the back or is this dealer installed? If dealer installer is it plug and play or is it cut wires and solder?

6. Is the trailer plug a 4 wire, 7 wire, or both?

Thanks for your time and input!
1. I think there is that activates the built-in sway control
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Wiring is integrated with the factory TT package. Otherwise it's a giant PITA. See the threads by @flip for a lot of great info.
6. The factory TT package gives you both 4 and 7 pin plugs. Otherwise the available dealer-installed harness is only a 4 pin.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Engines are "broke in" at the factory where they are made. No other break in is necessary.
The tranny doesn't need break in either- just time to learn your driving style. The gear set in the diffs do need a little time to set.
Ever saw a custom engine builder stick one on the dyno? After a couple of easy pulls it's WOT and a full pull..
My 2020 Kia user manual said no break in procedure was needed. But then conversely the manual proceeded to recommend several actions in terms of initial driving, to as they put it potentially increase engine life. So I followed those steps.

I've read similar for some other vehicles. While break in might not be same as earlier days, where special oil and stuff was used, some manufacturers do recommend initial driving styles, such as not keeping the same rpm for lengths of time, or refraining from lots of higher revving.