Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Huh...interesting. I used to used a brass one on my TDI
I always use an extractor on my TDI. With the hood-accessible filter cartridge, oil changes are so simple. I hate having to get underneath a vehicle to do an oil change.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always use an extractor on my TDI. With the hood-accessible filter cartridge, oil changes are so simple. I hate having to get underneath a vehicle to do an oil change.
Never went that route. It gets a decent amount of soot out?
It sure is a pain - especially with the heavy duty skid plate.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have used the Fumoto valves on more than a dozen cars over the last 15 years and love their products. I have written and called them a few times over the last 2 years asking them to make a product for Ford's plastic oil pans. Well today, I received an email from them asking if I wanted to beta test their new product. Currently, my wife drives a 2018 Lariat with the plastic oil drain plug.

BTW .. this is important as the 2.7L and 3.0L (Bronco Raptor/Warthog) both have plastic oil drain plugs.

I hope I am selected because if this product comes to market then I am sure many 2.7L owners will be very happy.

See pic below.

1622077647513.png

I didn’t think the dual turbo version of the 2.7 used for the Bronco used the plastic pan... scratch ..it was the 3.5 that went back to aluminum.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Couldnt you make one with simple stuff from hardware store?
Pipe fitting,ball valve ,90 elbow.
You know damn good and well that no one builds anything anymore... get outta here with that nonsense. 😉

Edit: next you’ll expect folks to add a barb and piece of hose to drain it directly into an old oil jug... WTH
You could. Finding a two-step ball valve with the correct threading could be tough. Machining your own would be a fair bit of labour.

This is one product I certainly don't mind spending money on.

Some people are already feverishly against using a Fumoto to hold all the oil in their engine. Those people will blow a gasket learning someone is using a DIY version. :ROFLMAO:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could. Finding a two-step ball valve with the correct threading could be tough. Machining your own would be a fair bit of labour.

This is one product I certainly don't mind spending money on.

Some people are already feverishly against using a Fumoto to hold all the oil in their engine. Those people will blow a gasket learning someone is using a DIY version. :ROFLMAO:
It would be hard to find a two-step ball valve with this threading, so rolling your own might be tough without a 3D printer.

Ford Bronco Fumoto valve for Ford's plastic oil pans ... about damn time E5FB2D20-4D57-4BA9-83D5-BA23D60D9F12

Source: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/changing-your-own-oil.13228/post-583436

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know some people swear by them... and to each their own.

I personally feel like they're an accident waiting to happen.

Being that the drain plug is the lowest possible point on the oil pan... adding this gizmo in 99.9 percent of applications will put it as the lowest hanging fruit and far more susceptible to being damaged then a regular drain plug.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
this is the common reaction every time I post about fumoto. You will change your mind when you do your 1st oil change on the 2.7.

I know some people swear by them... and to each their own.

I personally feel like they're an accident waiting to happen.

Being that the drain plug is the lowest possible point on the oil pan... adding this gizmo in 99.9 percent of applications will put it as the lowest hanging fruit and far more susceptible to being damaged then a regular drain plug.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yeah more of Fords brilliant engineering designs using plastic oil pans and plugs on performance and/or off road vehicles.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

again their junk and its a bean counter move.
Keep reading past the intro. There is some good stuff in the article about the design objectives and achievements that an engineer like you should appreciate. For example...

”As work got underway at DaimlerChrysler in 2007, a parallel program involving BASF and Dana started at Ford Motor Co. (Dearborn, MI, US) on the automaker’s 5.4L/3V (three-valve) V-8 engine for Ford’s F-150 pickups. This three-year effort yielded a 56- by 28- by 20-cm pan that, minus hardware, weighed only 2.24 kg. Also approved for implementation, this effort led to the team’s first North American commercial opportunity, on the 6.7L power-stroke turbo-diesel Scorpion engine in heavy-duty F-250 and F-350 pickups. The Scorpion engine was selected because Ford engineers wanted to integrate an oil level/temperature sensor in this engine’s 38 by 25 by 10 cm, 1.5-kg (fully dressed with hardware) nonstructural pan ― something that would’ve been difficult in stamped steel but straightforward in composites.

Launched in 2009, it was reportedly the first composite oil pan designed for exposed use (typical of North American vehicles without full underbody shields) thanks to a new material (Ultramid B3ZG7 OSI 35%-short-glass/PA 6) and a new waffle-rib configuration. The latter, for which BASF has patents pending, was developed and validated via extensive computer-aided engineering (CAE) analysis and impact testing. A proprietary modification package optimized the resin for stone impacts to -40°C and stabilized it against long-term heat aging in hot oil, bio-diesel and calcium chloride road salts (which normally attack polyamide). Although earlier composite pans had featured sacrificial ribs, this new rib design stood up to multiple stone impacts in BASF testing. Struck by a 100g steel impactor at 113 kph, the PA 6 lower pan sustained no damage, faring far better than legacy aluminum. Pan mass was reduced by 45%, NVH values were similar to aluminum and the pan didn’t rust or corrode. Several components were integrated to reduce assembly cost and it featured the first plastic drain plug, with a cam-lock element to prevent over-torquing and breaking the plug’s screw threads.”