Sponsored

Getting ready... What other accessories / preparations?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm waiting for the next list to come out to see if I "need" anything else. I plan on mud flaps, even though they've been removed from B & P. It states they're available for all models.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

However my accessories in order will likely be

1. Warn winch once it comes out with a bumper that has the winch inside it and it doesnt block the camera.

JEEP BUMPER.jpg

2. Lighting , KC hilites pro6 lightbar and flex era 4's , Have not decided what rock lights i want yet though

flex era 4.jpg

3. Based on the KOH video stating they were running almost full pressure in the tires , i might have to put off an air compressor entirely.

4. A tent. Leaning towards a shiftpod but who knows

5. Ultra long term a overlanding trailer like the valiant 452
valiant trailer.jpg
I wouldn't put off the compressor unless you plan to stick to light trails. How much PSI to run totally depends on the weight of the rig.

At KOH, all they carried were people, not people plus gear. Riding 35s at full PSI on trails just sounds painful for no reason. lower PSI of course improves grip; you know this! So, while on that loose or bumpy ground, you will need to air down.

Now, with this said, do you need the big boy ARB? No. Unless you plan on wheeling like 2 weekends per month for at least 4-6 months out of the year, you can get by with a cheaper solution. Sure, it'll take longer and run hot, but it should last at least 2-3 years, but beware of plastic and plastic connectors.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One item I definitely want in hand before taking delivery is a quality satellite emergency locator beacon.

I might even go a step further and get a sat phone or a satellite internet hot spot.

They certainly aren’t cheap, but I plan on taking the Bronco to some pretty remote locations and think it would be a good investment.
A Garmin In Reach should take care of your needs unless you plan to run the Trans American?

If you've just got the $$, sure, Sat phones are awesome, but will cost a ton for a 5 minute call to whoever.

An In Reach allows you to text to keep family informed of where you are, or in an emergency and you can take it hiking or anywhere since it'll fit in your pocket.

Just a thought.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No worries! Also, I carry a small snow shovel in my Jeep just about all winter long. Has come in handy when I didn't expect more than once! Jumper cables, zip ties, duct tape, utility knife are all small things I keep in my Jeep all the time too. Never know when you will need to cobble something together.
Sorry Philly, just saw that you covered the gamut here and in your first post which is helpful as always; awesome!

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I"m seeing a ton of these threads; which is fine, but I keep seeing true accessories listed, or cosmetics which are cute, but aren't always essential.

What is essential is a solid investment in recovery gear, and the shit ain't cheap. a kinetic strap, tow strap, shackles (soft, bow), shovel, recovery boards, etc are must haves. This is at minimum a $400 investment. Good shit, think $700 and I haven't even mentioned tools yet.

Zip ties, duct tape, fire extinguisher, Communications, air down tool, jump starter (lithium Ion).

These are the things that everyone new to this should start saving up for and buying right now.

I am so tired of dragging douche bags out of spots with my rig. Not sure I'll do much of it with the Bronco since it'll be new. I will use my winch in a pinch, but I hate to because they're high maintenance even though I have one now on the old Disco.

Snatching someone with my new rig is likely a "what kind of gear do you got?" scenario. Anyone without any gear or tools at all with anything more than a simple flat (with a spare), or a dead battery will likely get left on the trail to learn a hard lesson. Don't assume that other guys got ya. Go prepared, get to go home.
I hear ya, MadMan. In addition to cool accessory suggestions being posted already, I was just wondering what other people are thinking about or doing to occupy their time in this interim period. I had a bunch of fun with thinking about the custom license plate options. That took a few days to decide. My dealer has been awesome and had some Skrewball hand sanitizer on his desk, so I got him some real Skrewball that I will be delivering to him. I am going to be heading down to a local dealership to see the F150 in AMB and take some pics. Just trying to see what people are thinking / doing. Winter is long in Michigan and waiting for a Bronco is even longer...

Sponsored

Bronco Beard

Base
First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Base
During the waiting times between reservations, orders, March 19, production start, and delivery - I am just curious what other accessories and/or preparations others are doing to stay occupied. In particular, things outside of the "official" published accessories list already posted. For me, in no particular order:

1. Custom license plate
2. Bronco6G Stigger (thanks, Ashley)
3. Sasquatch sticker
4. ARB compressor
5. Horse whinny horn
6. Whiskey to celebrate "take delivery" day
7. Whip light(s), flag whips
8. Gift for dealer (who has been awesome)
9. Surfing the Bronco6g.com forums (of course)

Looking for some other ideas... new cowboy hat, event/travel planning, meet-ups, onboard coolers, etc.?
I'm in for #6 "Whiskey to celebrate" but I keep drinking it while on Bronco6G Forums!

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve got to pair down & lighten up the camping equipment, and make a solid investment in recovery goods. The objective of both camping equipment and recovery gear will lean towards simplicity, minimal quantity but mid-high quality.

Our current Kodak Canvas tent for my family of 5 will be a little much in the weight & bulk department for a 4cyl 4 door Base model.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2. Lighting , KC hilites pro6 lightbar and flex era 4's , Have not decided what rock lights i want yet though

flex era 4.jpg
Definitely going the KC Flex Era 4 over the Ford Rigid, just seems a better light
Already have my Kenwood Dual Band VHF/HAM/GMRS radio with remote head (pic rail mount?)
EV Strobe light set-up TBD
next??????

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya, MadMan. In addition to cool accessory suggestions being posted already, I was just wondering what other people are thinking about or doing to occupy their time in this interim period. I had a bunch of fun with thinking about the custom license plate options. That took a few days to decide. My dealer has been awesome and had some Skrewball hand sanitizer on his desk, so I got him some real Skrewball that I will be delivering to him. I am going to be heading down to a local dealership to see the F150 in AMB and take some pics. Just trying to see what people are thinking / doing. Winter is long in Michigan and waiting for a Bronco is even longer...
All good man. I'm trying to push everyone outdoors to go wheeling. So fun to run even the most simple and basic trials, look at trees and birds and shit. Camping is so fun in the fall and early springtime, bourbon and some food by a fire, no TV or the internets..... I'm telling ya, nothing like it.

Get your rig looking the business; I'm all for it. But also want you thinking about getting out, but grabbing some basics so you have a safe and fun time. You'll only get the wife stuck once before she remembers how much she really liked that guy in high school who worked on cars, drove a cool car, was rough around the edges, and did other stuff very well....... :oops:

All of that goes through a woman's mind while stuck on the side of a trail or the highway, so don't be that guy! ;)

:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All good man. I'm trying to push everyone outdoors to go wheeling. So fun to run even the most simple and basic trials, look at trees and birds and shit. Camping is so fun in the fall and early springtime, bourbon and some food by a fire, no TV or the internets..... I'm telling ya, nothing like it.

Get your rig looking the business; I'm all for it. But also want you thinking about getting out, but grabbing some basics so you have a safe and fun time. You'll only get the wife stuck once before she remembers how much she really liked that guy in high school who worked on cars, drove a cool car, was rough around the edges, and did other stuff very well....... :oops:

All of that goes through a woman's mind while stuck on the side of a trail or the highway, so don't be that guy! ;)

:ROFLMAO:
I am a newbie, but I love your suggestions about the experience aspect of it all. "Stuff" is great, but the memories you get are priceless. The "stuff" is just a means to an end. Additionally, I have been a lifelong camper, hiker and totally agree with you on all points about being prepared. Yes, I was a Boy Scout for years. No, I wasn't... you know, thankfully. I am new to off-roading, but do so much in the outdoors that it is time I add it to my resume and my lifestyle. I can't wait to join the community of the more experienced bunch of you all here. I am sure I will make an a** of myself at some point with people shaking their heads on the trail. But, you gotta learn somehow, right? I will just try to avoid being a "SPORT" - Stupid, Poor, Old, Rescued, Turd

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't put off the compressor unless you plan to stick to light trails. How much PSI to run totally depends on the weight of the rig.

At KOH, all they carried were people, not people plus gear. Riding 35s at full PSI on trails just sounds painful for no reason. lower PSI of course improves grip; you know this! So, while on that loose or bumpy ground, you will need to air down.

Now, with this said, do you need the big boy ARB? No. Unless you plan on wheeling like 2 weekends per month for at least 4-6 months out of the year, you can get by with a cheaper solution. Sure, it'll take longer and run hot, but it should last at least 2-3 years, but beware of plastic and plastic connectors.
The bumper is because Ford dropped the ball on badlands design. The warn winch blocks the camera

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok this is a little crazy, and likely more than you asked for, so buckle up. This is my running prep list for next summer’s (hopefully 2021) Bronco adventures. Pandemic life has provided many slow nights to read & research.

Background: I build camping gear for a living so half the fun here has been putting together a new / revised solo camping kit designed to fit in the 2D. I’m a camping gear whore.

Enjoy the madness

Bronco 2D camp kit - solo kit

FULL TIME IN TRUCK:
  • Headlamp ✔
  • Nalgene bottle ✔
  • Leather gloves ✔
  • First aide pouch (back of chair or tailgate w/ pals)
  • Fixed blade knife & multitool ✔
  • Fire extinguisher in glove box? Element

WHEELING GEAR:
  • Navigation: Gaia iPad / road atlas / paper maps✔
  • Hand held CB radios / charger or spare batteries (center console)✔
  • Air compressor (OBA ARB twin?)
  • Step22 Stingray box #1 / portable compressor & air lines ✔
  • Tire Puncture repair kit ✔
  • Air down kit (center console easy access) ✔

CAMPING GEAR:
  • Kelty Grand Mesa 2P tent
  • SJK Roadhouse tarp✔
  • Legit Pillow + stuff sack ✔
  • 0° Kelty Cosmic down Sleeping bag
  • Kelty Waypoint sleeping pad
  • Kelty Camp Chair (deluxe lounge or lowdown)
  • Shovel, use 1000 stuff sack to cover head - or switch to DMOS?
  • Trash Pak / wheel bag ✔
  • Hatchet or foresting axe (Wheel bag or stingray) ✔
  • Hand saw (wheel bag or stingray) ✔
  • Fire start pouch (put in wheel bag) ✔
  • 💩 pouch (in wheel bag)✔
  • sun screen & bug spray (in wheel bag?)
  • 20L Water jerry (swap for generic square blue fit / stand up better?)
  • Bear spray (back of chair or tailgate w/ pals) FHF holster
  • Compact fishing kit ✔
COOLER
  • purchase smaller roto-cooler? 35/40 qt
  • Wait to see what fits
  • Wire up Engle Platinum fridge? (Nah...KISS)
DRY FOOD BOX
  • stingray box #2 ✔
  • Whiskey SS bottle (more whiskey less beer) ✔
  • Paper towel roll dispenser ✔

KITCHEN BOX / STINGRAY box #3 All fits inside
  • Knockoff backpacking stove✔
  • Windproof cooking pot✔
  • Iso fuel canisters (2 / 3) ✔
  • Small carbon steel frypan (lid?)
  • Atlas kitchen roll ✔
  • long plastic spoon ✔
  • Fork & stake knife ✔
  • Cooking knife with sheath ✔
  • Spice rocket ✔
  • Sugar for coffee ✔
  • Small bottle camp Soap ✔
  • SS scrubber ✔
  • GSI spatula ✔
  • small sponge ✔
  • Small bottle cooking oil ✔
  • Lighter x 2 ✔
  • Simple can opener ✔
  • Tiny tongs silicone tips ✔
  • Tiny spatula plastic ✔
  • Japanese handkerchief
  • Black nitrile gloves✔
  • Single SS plate ✔
  • Small Wooden coffee cup ✔
  • Small BD pod lantern ✔
  • primus micro lantern & mantels ✔
  • Small cutting board ✔
  • Water treatment drops / pills ✔
  • Cotton Kitchen towel with grommet & carabiner ✔

PERSONAL:
  • Small clothes duffle ✔
  • Dopp kit / daka pouch ✔
  • Backpacking towel
  • Mystery ranch hiking pack / LW rain coat / wool hat ✔
  • Hiking boots ✔

DOG
  • what fits? (Nothing unless in front seat)
  • Bed & blanket
  • Food bag
  • Bowl
  • Leash hike
  • Leash camp
TOOLS / RECOVERY / IDEAS
  • Lighter smaller less
  • Change to soft Dr style bag in garage
  • Breaker bar / impact driver
  • Separate tool bag form recovery bag?
  • Maxtrax boards (secure with tire bag?)
  • Atlas tool roll - (reduce weight & size)
  • Swap out to soft shackles (minor weight reduction)
  • Swap snatch block for factor 55 wheel (minor weight reduction) Nah...
  • Swap snatch strap for more compact bubba rope (minor improvement) nah...

Tailgate table ideas:
https://www.goose-gear.com/products...angler-jl-and-jlu?_pos=1&_sid=b91ab79ff&_ss=r

http://www.ezoverland.ca/EZTable.html

Other MOD ideas:
Tint ASAP
RTR wheels
Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5x17
OBA compressor
Relocate rear view camera
Front bumper - something like JCR vanguard XJ
Winch / synthetic line / fairlead
Sliders, frame mount - priority
Rear bumper - swing out w/ tire carrier & high lift mount - priority
Aux fuel solution - priority
Baja Designs: ditch lights, fog lights & dust light
Spare delete?
Suspension lift? (TBD per comparison to Tacoma, may not be needed)

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know those beds in The motel with the coin slots? The magic finger beds? I’m thinking that... but in a car seat
Sponsored