First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wasn't trying to teach Ford a lesson, I was trying to get Granger more allocation to stick it to the other fat cat dealers who obviously complained to Ford about Granger and Stephen's.
I've said it multiple times before, as I've sat in on a good many dealer council calls and spoken to the Bronco brand manager multiple times, it wasn't solely the dealers who got the allocation formula changed. Ford was not a fan of what happened with the low ball pricing strategy. Sure, I think the dealers definitely complained, but that was not the driving decision. It absolutely was a brand devaluing tactic that drove it.
Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the Tweet by Levine telling people to basically seek out a Dealership that sells the right quantities of the whole Ford line and has a Reservation and allocation level that will support getting a '22 is ridiculous. I was annoyed before, but after reading that I am pissed. Like I am going to call around and get sales Volume numbers, Allocation and Reservation levels from every Ford dealer in my area, assuming they would even give me that info.

Is he really that tone deaf to make that comment? Ford has basically dropped us all into a maze while telling us to figure it out on how to get a Bronco at the end, and at the same time telling us they can move walls at any time. I really wanted a Bronco, but Im not a glutton for punishment, and there is no way in hell I am waiting another 1, 2 or god forbid 3 more years for one.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Tweet by Levine telling people to basically seek out a Dealership that sells the right quantities of the whole Ford line and has a Reservation and allocation level that will support getting a '22 is ridiculous. I was annoyed before, but after reading that I am pissed. Like I am going to call around and get sales Volume numbers, Allocation and Reservation levels from every Ford dealer in my area, assuming they would even give me that info.

Is he really that tone deaf to make that comment? Ford has basically dropped us all into a maze while telling us to figure it out on how to get a Bronco at the end, and at the same time telling us they can move walls at any time. I really wanted a Bronco, but Im not a glutton for punishment, and there is no way in hell I am waiting another 1, 2 or god forbid 3 more years for one.
@Ford Motor Company

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've said it multiple times before, as I've sat in on a good many dealer council calls and spoken to the Bronco brand manager multiple times, it wasn't solely the dealers who got the allocation formula changed. Ford was not a fan of what happened with the low ball pricing strategy. Sure, I think the dealers definitely complained, but that was not the driving decision. It absolutely was a brand devaluing tactic that drove it.
Ford should of been fully aware of what was going on at a few honest and transparent dealerships. If there was a problem they should of said something earlier, not this late in the game after all the deals were done and a partial year of production. The majority of these orders were moved or placed before the 3/19 cutoff. Now 7 months later they want to change the rules and not honor the reservation timestamp? WTF!

If you go back through some of the threads, the regional managers were contacted numerous times for various reasons and had no issues whatsoever.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel for you all and it's shitty that you all are in this situation.

Ford should, and likely will, find a way to take care the customers with orders while also disincentivizing other dealerships from attempting the same discount model. I don't think there is a scenario where current, early, order holder are pushed into 2023, unless there is another supply chain issue.
Tend to agree....but I have done the math. Lets say 110,000 unfilled orders are pushed to MY22. With the stats we have been provided (including from MAP staff)....they can build every single one in 7-8 months. Every reservation holder/order from all those waiting since the initial launch could be driving their Bronco by next Summer. We don't need a Dealer allocation! Or....is there some other problem that Ford won't divulge that will prevent them from delivering those units in all of 2022 ?!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only dealers who were willing to share information about sales figures and allocations are the very dealers Ford punishing with the new formula.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that it's been a couple of days, and the fog that came over me when this new allocation formula dropped has cleared, I just don't know what I'm going to do. I mean I wanted a damn Bronco, and I wanted it before I got old to enjoy the thing. There's just nothing out there that compares for me. So for now I'm just gonna put in my '22 order, and just ponder the situation Ford has forced on me. I do know one thing though, I will not cancel my order. I will however give Zach, and Granger the chance to keep it as dealer stock if I decide to go in another direction. I'll just be damned if I'm giving that slot back to Ford.

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, we only know for certain the number of vehicles we will receive in the first month. Production will certainly vary based upon microchips, etc. That is why I put such a large range on our estimate.
When will Dealers know their 2022 full allocations (always subject to change I am sure). Thanks!

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't post a lot on this board, and I have been very patient throughout this process. I haven't been overly critical of Ford even though they have made many, many mistakes the last 18 months. But this mess is of their own making. If you want to control where your Broncos get sent, don't allow dealerships to take that many reservations. Don't allow customers to choose which dealer they go to. And when you realized production numbers weren't meeting forecasts, stop taking more orders.
The reasonable and ethical thing to do is to honor all existing orders and do whatever you have to do fulfill those orders as quickly as possible. Going forward, if you want to change things back to the old way, that's fine. But you allowed this situation, and it's your job to fix it.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A few posts earlier mentioned this, but I can't imagine Ford being petty enough to further ding Granger for promoting a jeep alternative to the Ford off road vehicle because the customer may not see their bronco reservation for 1-2-3 years under the current allocation system.

Would Ford expect Granger to steer the customer into an explorer or something while they wait several years for the bronco or decide they can't understandably wait for the bronco that long? There isn't much else comparable in terms of what Granger sells.

Probably a good idea too and may slowly benefit some bronco reservation holders eventually since area jeep sales were part of the original allocation formula as I recall?

It also seemed we heard stories that some dealers were getting territorial about people inquiring about allocations/reservations and trying to switch early reservations into their dealership. Not all, of course, but some dealers didn't like people trying to switch and jump in front of the original or regular reservation holders. It's like you can't win either way with what Ford is telling you to do in this situation.

And to Granger's credit, they told me that there were 956 reservations in front of me. Another reason why I intend not to move. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but it was honest and said straight forward to me. No guessing, no games, just the truth.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tend to agree....but I have done the math. Lets say 110,000 unfilled orders are pushed to MY22. With the stats we have been provided (including from MAP staff)....they can build every single one in 7-8 months. Every reservation holder/order from all those waiting since the initial launch could be driving their Bronco by next Summer. We don't need a Dealer allocation! Or....is there some other problem that Ford won't divulge that will prevent them from delivering those units in all of 2022 ?!
No, your math is right (barring odd chip delays and the like), Ford can and will make them just as you said. Ford has INTENTIONALLY CHOSEN to give their favored dealers more allocations (not officially yet, but the initial numbers support that) than reserved orders that they will use to put dealer stock on the lot and sell to anyone off the street. That means they value many reservation holders not one bit. Again, it is not a capacity issue, it is a CHOICE that Ford is making to punish the small dealers for being uppity and having gotten too many orders that the big dealers wanted and trying to drive their customers to the big dealers Ford likes better.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think there is a scenario where current, early, order holder are pushed into 2023, unless there is another supply chain issue.
That's a pipe dream under the new allocation restrictions. Straight from Granger's estimates:
1 - It makes no difference to me. Based upon our current estimate of allocation looks like it may be up to 5 years.
2 - It has been mentioned through 2023. I'm not sure where that came from, but I believe that to be accurate for those who are waiting for a Modular painted top.
3 - It is hard to say. 2022 with our best case scenario based upon our current estimate is 7-15. 2023 if we receive the same amount will be 8/27.
2024 would get us through 10/20.
2025 would get us through our October 31st.
2026 would get us through our remaining allocation.

*The Allocation formula is subject to change (hopefully, to our benefit at some point).
Meanwhile, ordering a Jeep is allowed regardless of the dealers allocation...
1 the Wrangler 392 is $6000 off MSRP
2 we can send you a quote on a 2022 jeep right now. Idk when the B&P goes live.
3 yes, we have a very capable group of aftermarket/modification installers on staff.
4 we see Jeeps approximately 90 days from time of order on wrangler/Gladiator 392 wrangler is closer to 120. But there's no allocation limit (we have 150+ ram TRX trucks on order).
5 yes, we'd allow you to switch deposit if you take delivery if another vehicle from us.
This is Ford screwing the small dealers and the reservation holders that chose them...

...and giving Jeep a good chance at a 4th straight record quarter by driving Bronco early adopters to the Wrangler family....

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Mike Levine is so Tone Deaf that you'd swear Helen Keller's hearing was good enough for sonar and was able to discern the difference between perfect pitch and a 0.005 Hz deviation.
Sponsored