Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @Granger Ford and Albert for the continued clarity and information. I was told by someone at Granger an additional $500 would be required at the time of order. That seems reasonable but it would be good to know if that has changed. I assume us October reservation holders will be way back in the queue but it sounds like we will hear from you before to get our ordered in before the end of January.
Has not changed from the $100 as of yet...only time will tell and if someone other than Zach, Jaime or I at the dealership then the comment should not have been made to you...

Zach (the owner) has the final say, during our discussion today no additional deposit has been set or even determined at this point...

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Strongly disagree here. Who’s to say what a person’s financial situation will be when they receive the vehicle. If one actually knew when they would get the vehicle it allows for a bit financial planning. I believe our taxes will be going up after this election (not to get political) so if you can’t depend on your steady income at an unknown time of arrival, how can you plan on being able to afford a $55k vehicle ?? Extra taxes is one thing, but to lose your job all together like some have during Covid, absolutely horrible!
So yeah, that does leave several people w a sense of “should I”. This is a dream car for many, especially those who haves followed the progression for years waiting for this day.
Also, don’t think it’ll hurt Granger much if you don’t follow through w the final purchase?, they get a new Bronco to sell on the lot for more $ then they were selling it to you for! Just guessing, extrapolate how you want, but if Granger has 1200 reservations, 1000 people order, only 800 purchase, pretty sure it won’t hurt their equated bronco allocation when no one in the region will come close to their volume selling! ?‍♂
There will be a lot of canceled reservations due to deposits. Just means we’ll move up the list ?.
the 20% fallout would most definitely raise eyebrows at Ford and negatively affect the downstream recipients of their Broncos, we do not need or want any left on the lot to sell...

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could they just use black thread on mine! I’m praying they run out of orange!
It is amazing what a black sharpie can do to stitching on a seat... :cool:

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

QUESTION 4 - Is September 18th the cutoff for the 2021 model year?
  • No, it is used as the end date for the allocation allotment only
Can someone better describe what this means because I placed a reservation on September 24th because I'm trying to get a 22' allocation as thats when our lease is up (Feb. 22')...so does this merely mean we'll still be getting a 21' even if its delivered in 22' or what?

Sponsored

Papa Bear

Badlands
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 4-Dr Sasquatch, 1966 F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been inundated with certain questions that I feel compelled to start a thread on it...

I will start another thread on accessories, options etc. when we get more information on those questions...

QUESTION 1 - When can I order the Bronco?
When we get the reservations to push into the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system...
  • We will schedule a call to you and get the order processed (not the other way around)
    • using the Ford official time stamp
  • The order will be printed out and sent to you (online) for review and a signature.
  • If we do not have a deposit on file, we will collect it then
    • Deposit amount to be determined

QUESTION 2 - Will my order be a 2022?
  • We do not know what the reality of that is right now
  • There should be more clarification come February when the reservations become real orders
  • At that time Ford knows
    • how many to produce
    • how many they can build per month
    • how many months they plan to build the 2021 model year

QUESTION 3 - Can I change my options, colors models after we agree to the original build?
  • Yes, until the Bronco is scheduled but to avoid potential scheduling issues we ask that at order you are 99.9% accurate at order.

QUESTION 4 - Is September 18th the cutoff for the 2021 model year?
  • No, it is used as the end date for the allocation allotment only

QUESTION 5 -What if I want an option that is on material hold?
  • You will have a couple of choices to make when we call you...
    • You can cancel the option on hold to get the Bronco sooner
    • You can wait and when the option becomes available your Bronco will get built

QUESTION 6 -Will I get the top from Ford for my FE or Wildtrack shipped to me or do I have come back to pick it up from you?
  • Ford will only ship the vehicle when it can be built as ordered
  • In the case of the top fiasco you will get it with the top shipped only
  • No other top will be coming for it as you are being credited for the lack of the original top

QUESTION 7 - can I change my Model trim and door count at order time?
  • Our understanding in the order system and from past experience is that we can change that prior to submitting the order but not afterwards
Thanks Albert!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone better describe what this means because I placed a reservation on September 24th because I'm trying to get a 22' allocation as thats when our lease is up (Feb. 22')...so does this merely mean we'll still be getting a 21' even if its delivered in 22' or what?
It means that your reservation date, as of right now, doesn't mean anything specifically to when you can expect to get your Bronco (other than later reservations can expect their broncos later) or what MY your Bronco will end up being.

It means that internally, Ford is using that date as a cut-off point for calculating vehicle allocations to the dealers.

We wont have an idea about when we might be able to expect our Bronco until all the orders are in at the end of January.

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has not changed from the $100 as of yet...only time will tell and if someone other than Zach, Jaime or I at the dealership then the comment should not have been made to you...

Zach (the owner) has the final say, during our discussion today no additional deposit has been set or even determined at this point...
@Granger Ford I think it was Jaime and Im fine either way!

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It means that your reservation date, as of right now, doesn't mean anything specifically to when you can expect to get your Bronco (other than later reservations can expect their broncos later) or what MY your Bronco will end up being.

It means that internally, Ford is using that date as a cut-off point for calculating vehicle allocations to the dealers.

We wont have an idea about when we might be able to expect our Bronco until all the orders are in at the end of January.
Well hopefully its an early 22' allocation in my case lol (fingers and toes crossed)! Also, I heard that if you're in a current lease with Ford and you've got a Bronco, or any other Ford vehicle on reservation, you won't be penalized if you go over on your current lease which might be the case for us!

Lee Woiteshek

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Matrix
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Granger Ford I think it was Jaime and Im fine either way!
I can stomach a 500 dollar deposit on top of the 100 I've already paid. I'm not going to be overly enthused on spending a grand on a vehicle I've never seen or even sat in. Much less driven.

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
...On the deposit side of things...I'm shooting to get 14-15k on my trade in...4-5k cash deposit on top of that...1.9% financing...on a base AMB 2dr..with A/T ,keyless entry...wheel locks...and aux switches...using the A/Z plan....for around 225.00 a month/60 months...

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good question, I would like to know the same thing . or maybe a guestament when they will be available
A guestament at least would be good on when they're expecting to building them. Time doesn't matter to me as long as it falls into the 2021MY timeline.

Last edited:

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly if you're bitching about a deposit being required then you probably weren't committed enough to follow through with the order anyeay. Granger is sticking their neck out ordering and if you leave them hanging, it hurts them, not you.

In the end they still are a business that needs to make money, not a charity.
Except, unlike most custom orders, instead of waiting 1-4 months for your build, we will be waiting much longer without the use of that money. Kind of like overpaying the IRS and them not paying you any interest on your money in their possession until you get it back in your refund.

I as well, thought I remember a post from Granger, about them not requiring an additional deposit to convert the res to an order. I have the money and have every intention of of following through on the purchase but I am firmly of the belief that I can do better things with my money than having it sit unproductively in someone else account, if I have the choice. And one of the reasons I made the choice to move my res to Granger is my recollection that they said they would not require an additional deposit. I would hope, if that is what they stated, they would hold to that.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is amazing what a black sharpie can do to stitching on a seat... :cool:
? I was thinking the same thing but I would mess it up. I probably won't even notice the orange after about a week. I'm sure passengers might bring it up but I'm good with it.
Sponsored